Kibcy's Assassin Training ~ Mass Effect Style

Siferiax

I may be a little early, but I'm already done with this :)

Seeing how there's a lot of focus on fantasy RPG here, I thought I'd run with SciFi haha. Not in the least because I'm totally into Mass Effect right now.

I'll be using the name Beckia, as it's more Asari like (99% of first names seem to end in "a"). Asari are a race from the game. They're an all female (or not gender specific, the game is not clear on it) race, who can reproduce with any gender of any species. How convenient. Their skin color is any shade from blue to purple. I will ask a friend to make me an Asari avatar :) Out of the Mass Effect races they seem to fit me best. After all they're not notably strong or fast or anything like that, they have brain power though haha. Assassin is a class that also fits this race, so all the more appropriate. It's actually mentioned in the game's codex as a profession. FYI: Their home world is called Thessia and they live to be about a 1000 years. The Citadel is pretty much the capital of the galaxy, it's a big space station. As for biotics, I'll have to look up the exact explanation in the game's codex -fail-. Okay… let me get on with this in story mode!

Only just past 100 years old, Beckia was restless for adventure. She had never left Thessia and was dying to explore the rest of the galaxy. Especially the Citadel had always drawn her attention. However she knew she first had to complete her assassin training. She only had an average talent for biotics, so she needed to work hard to improve her skills and prove she was worthy.

Okay so I don't have 3 diet/fitness goals. I have been struggling a little for the past weeks and this challenge is my "getting back on track" challenge. I'm also incorporating meditation, as it's a tip I've gotten from RandomWanderer and a few others to deal with some emotional issues.

Mission #1: Meditate every day. (+5 WIS)

For now I don't have a time set out for it, I will just try to do it every day.

Mission #2: Establish a better relationship with food. (+4 CON)

I want a healthy, non obsessive relationship

Week 1: Read lessons on eating "normal" & take notes

Week 2: Put lessons into action

Week 3: Cook dinner 6 nights

Week 4: Cook dinner & breakfast 6 nights

Week 5: Cook dinner, breakfast & lunch 6 nights

Week 6: Cut out buying vending machine snacks (if not already). Have a replacement.

Mission #3: Find joy in exercising/moving. (+1 STR, +1 DEX, +2 STA)

If I can start to like and enjoy exercise I can keep to an exercise schedule

Week 1: 5 minute evening walk for 6 days

Week 2: 10 minute evening walk for 6 days

Week 3: 15 minute evening walk for 6 days

Week 4: 5 minute exercise + 15 minute evening walk for 6 days

Week 5: 10 minute exercise + 15 minute evening walk for 6 days

Week 6: 15 minute exercise + 15 minute evening walk for 6 days

Mission #4: Regain healthy financial habits. (+2 WIS)

I've been overspending my money. I need to do impulse control and maybe cut out some unnecessary spending I do. I also need to save up money to pay off the debt to my parents.

Week 1: Any spending I can cut out?

Week 2: What can I put into my saving account right now?

Week 3-6: Only buying groceries. (and bills etc as they come up)

Exception: trip to Disney 11-13 October. However keep spending limited to useful items! (for example clothes, glasses/mugs/etc)

Beckia finished writing down her coming missions. These coming six weeks were going to be important. She was going to work hard to bring all missions to a success!

"Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection"

Epic Quest: Sif's list of awesome

Challenge: let's smash another year #low-carb #push-ups #intermittent fasting

Spoiler

Sif rises once more (~2020): 1

The Return of Sif (~2018): 1, 2, 34567, 8

The Age of Kibcy (~2012/13): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 89

That. Is. So. COOL!

I've all but forgotten about ME. I have all the games but just fell out of the rhythm.

Those Asari are pretty good, and biotics are cool too. Apart from the whole radioactive nodules inside your brain thing :)

If I could pick you as a squadmate, I would.

I love the idea of this log, super awesome.

(P.S: I'll always be a Spectre at heart, get it? Ghost/Spectre? Ha.)

HAHA! THANKS :D

I'd pick you as a squadmate over myself though :P

If only for you being a Spectre hahaha.

But Asari have natural talent for biotics... they seem to be able to do so naturally?! Or am I missing something?

I'll try to keep this log super awesome ;D hopefully able to write many story updates. I want to try anyway.

Spoiler

Awesome! Love love love this. I am such a massive ME fan too.

I loved the whole Asari don't have a biological sex/gender, so humans just call them all "she" because it's easier for them. I like to imagine there's a lot of nuanced pronoun use going on through translators. I loved how fleshed out their culture was too. "Yeah, we live for a thousand years. We are patient as fuck!"

Sorry. Fangirling a little.

Love your goals, very Asari appropriate.Good luck! You are going to do awesome!

Level 1 Orc Assassin STR: 5.5 | DEX: 5 | STA: 5 | CON: 5 | WIS: 5 | CHA: 6.5 "My strength lies in my tenacity."  

Biotics are caused by element zero (substance that changes mass with electric flow) that is hooked up to bioelectric currents in any way. When a creature can mentally control the bioelectric current properly, it allows them to produce mass effects by pure thought (however, most creatures find it easier to use gestures as heuristics, it seems). Most sentients require an implant to enhance their bioelectric current power and control if they want to use biotics to do more than parlor tricks. Asari, however, have very strong biotics even without implants, and implants allow them to reach phenomenal levels (yes, Asari use implants, check ME1). Cerberus successfully produced humans with enhanced biotics, notably a girl named "Jack", AKA "Subject Zero".

Yes, I did that from memory. And yet I couldn't tell you how valence levels work in a comprehensive (or even accurate) manner. CLEARLY MY PRIORITIES ARE OPTIMIZED.

You certainly have an interesting way of setting your goals. Definitely very suited to re-tooling as you progress (something I failed to do last time, so I appreciate the necessity). Can't wait to see you knock 'em out!

Level 4 AssassinStr 8.50, Dex 7.25, Sta 6.75Con 6.00, Wis 8.00, Cha 6.00

My tumblrtumblr for silly band names

Asari can do it naturally, but I think they still have Element Zero in their heads. Not sure.

Just don't become a creepy twisted Asari Reaper on me okay?

Looking forward to many awesome updates!

No just Ardat-Yakshi ;)

jk. I'd rather not.

I love your story, looking forward to reading more

Btw great goals

Thank you :D

Awesome! Love love love this. I am such a massive ME fan too.

I loved the whole Asari don't have a biological sex/gender, so humans just call them all "she" because it's easier for them. I like to imagine there's a lot of nuanced pronoun use going on through translators. I loved how fleshed out their culture was too. "Yeah, we live for a thousand years. We are patient as fuck!"

Sorry. Fangirling a little.

Love your goals, very Asari appropriate.Good luck! You are going to do awesome!

-fangirl high five- :D

Well yes. In the codex that comes with the game it states "all female race", while in ME1 (I think?) Liara says that "male/female have no real meaning to us".

And just pulling this from the ME wiki: "A mono-gender race—distinctly feminine in appearance and having maternal instincts—the asari are known for their elegance, diplomacy and biotic talent."

Haha yeah, well I happen to be pretty patient, so I guess that adds up.

Thank you!! I hope to further develop and move toward some real assassin goals. Definitely want to make Beckia a main theme in challenges!

Biotics are caused by element zero (substance that changes mass with electric flow) that is hooked up to bioelectric currents in any way. When a creature can mentally control the bioelectric current properly, it allows them to produce mass effects by pure thought (however, most creatures find it easier to use gestures as heuristics, it seems). Most sentients require an implant to enhance their bioelectric current power and control if they want to use biotics to do more than parlor tricks. Asari, however, have very strong biotics even without implants, and implants allow them to reach phenomenal levels (yes, Asari use implants, check ME1). Cerberus successfully produced humans with enhanced biotics, notably a girl named "Jack", AKA "Subject Zero".

Yes, I did that from memory. And yet I couldn't tell you how valence levels work in a comprehensive (or even accurate) manner. CLEARLY MY PRIORITIES ARE OPTIMIZED.

You certainly have an interesting way of setting your goals. Definitely very suited to re-tooling as you progress (something I failed to do last time, so I appreciate the necessity). Can't wait to see you knock 'em out!

HOORAY for your memory priorities! (I have similar issues haha!)

The wiki indeed states that asari are natural biotics, though it doesn't state anything about implants. Totally take your word for it though :)

Thank you :) I hope with this I won't get overwhelmed and actually bring this challenge to a success!!

Spoiler

I love the background detail here... and the structure of your goals. Nice work, enjoy!

Thank you!!

Spoiler

Good luck to ya Beckia! Looks like you have some fun goals there! And you're right:

If I can start to like and enjoy exercise I can keep to an exercise schedule

This was very important for me to get back into shape. Now, if I miss more than 2 days I'm about to fallout lol. Keep it up and I look forward to encouraging you through all this :)

Wolf

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Kibcy! I missed you! How did I lose you last challenge? I could have sworn I was all subscribed and such.

Best of luck in all of this, your challenge sounds awesome. Maybe when you've mastered your biotics you can come kill the husks in my challenge?

Level 3/1 Wild Elf Assassin/Ranger
Owner of the Lizard Demon
STR 12 | DEX 10 | STA 8 | CON 9 | WIS 12 | CHA 7
Our motto within STG is to always expect trouble. Failing that, create trouble for someone else. -Major Kirrahe

We do not experience fear, but we understand how it affects you. -LEGION

Party: Down & Dirties
Level 1: Ranger 1
Level 2: Assassin 1

Level 4: Assassin 3

2013 Resolutions

Um, I don't know if this is a good time to point out that most Asari who go adventuring start out as either mercenary killers or exotic dancers.

I have a feeling that those are just the most prominent ones in a 3rd-person shooter marketed towards young adult males. I bet a lot of adventurous young asari grow interested in, say, xenoentemology or extreme sports. The Mass Effect games HARDLY paint a complete image of the universe they're set in (unless you think there are no female Volus, Turians, Salarians, Elcor, etc.)

Level 4 AssassinStr 8.50, Dex 7.25, Sta 6.75Con 6.00, Wis 8.00, Cha 6.00

My tumblrtumblr for silly band names

WOW what an overwhelming attention!! Thanks everyone!!!

Good luck to ya Beckia! Looks like you have some fun goals there! And you're right:

This was very important for me to get back into shape. Now, if I miss more than 2 days I'm about to fallout lol. Keep it up and I look forward to encouraging you through all this :)

Wolf

Thanks a lot :D I really hope it'll help me!!

Kibcy! I missed you! How did I lose you last challenge? I could have sworn I was all subscribed and such.

Best of luck in all of this, your challenge sounds awesome. Maybe when you've mastered your biotics you can come kill the husks in my challenge?

I don't know how you did? :) it's okay.

Thanks!! I'll be doing my best!

HAHA I'll come kick some husk butt for you any time!

Kibcy! Happy to have you here, let's have fun together for this challenge!

Definitely!! I look forward to it!

Hola! I like how you have your goals split up into weekly mini-goals. Good Luck. I'll be checking in on you

Thanks. I hope this will keep me going.

YEAHHHHHHHH THIS IS SO COOL!

Um, I don't know if this is a good time to point out that most Asari who go adventuring start out as either mercenary killers or exotic dancers.

Kibcy could be both? They are her cover jobs, she is secretly an Assassin!

HAHAHAHAHAA

I will point out Liara? Don't think she's either.

Personally I'd totally go for exotic dancer being a mercenary killer in disguise ;)

After all, I'd be a lot sexier if I can pull that off than I am right now......

Or I'd go with Ghost's suggestion.

I have a feeling that those are just the most prominent ones in a 3rd-person shooter marketed towards young adult males. I bet a lot of adventurous young asari grow interested in, say, xenoentemology or extreme sports. The Mass Effect games HARDLY paint a complete image of the universe they're set in (unless you think there are no female Volus, Turians, Salarians, Elcor, etc.)

Of course there aren't. LOL. That's often what happens in games.

I do find it quite interesting how on the Citadel the only females are human (or Asari if you would count them as such). Guess females of other races stay on their home world forever??? haha.

I love the way that you have per-week increments. I think you've totally got this!

Thanks a lot! I really hope I'll have this :)

Spoiler

Looking good, looking good, love how you have broken down your goals into achievable chunks.

Your going to smash this challenge!

Thank you!!! I look forward to this challenge, because of the whole manageable chunks :)

I was more going for the sneaky kill... being an assassin and everything ;)

Spoiler

Bonus fitness goal: Doing the Century Push... I dunno what I got myself into.

Anyone who was with me last challenge knows I can't do even 1 push up.

Will be setting my official starting point this afternoon or tomorrow.

I'll cheer if I can do 1 :)

Spoiler

Just remember Kibcy...

It's all in your head :) Just believe in your heart and mind that you can do 1 pushup. You may supirse yourself and do more ;)

Good luck, I'm rooting for ya! KIBCY! KIBCY! KIBCY!

Wolf

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Nice work with the week-by-week plan!

Obligatory nerdy nitpicking:

I do find it quite interesting how on the Citadel the only females are human (or Asari if you would count them as such). Guess females of other races stay on their home world forever???

What about the quarians? Plus, the replacement Salaraian councillor (the one you get in 3 if you didn't save the council in 1) is female. And from the talking Blasto posters we know that female Elcor sound exactly the same as the males, so any random Elcor could arguably be female. </nitpicking> ;)

Wood Elf Assassin
  -- Level 10 --
STR 26 | DEX 13 | STA 19 | CON 7 | WIS 14 | CHA 14

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines