~*~Wicked Pixie~*~ Wyred Wayfaring Warrior

Wicked Pixie

Aw. Lil P tryin' ta look like Mama P. How cute!

I heard Austin weather last week. It's in the 40s here today. That's cool for us, but it's Kansas, so nothing's really unusual. Sometimes it snows three feet before Halloween. Sometimes it snows three feet in April. Other times it doesn't snow much all winter (that was last winter, we never had a good freeze and we're paying for it in bugs and mice this year - EW). Hoping for a nice frozen winter this year!

Anyway, I prefer running in the 40 degree weather to 90 degree weather. Especially with the humidity. You're such a badass. I love those runs when I feel all in tune with my body and stride. RAWR!

Also, yay for weight loss. And how you passed up that popcorn is beyond me. You're amazing!

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

2" washers for smaller weight increases

Romantic food... I had some Ghiradelli last week that was probably the most romanced peace of chocolate I've ever had... I may as well have bought it flowers!

I LOVE The Newsies... super cheesy and silly but wonderful! Seize the day!

Good luck with your Whole30 WP! I really enjoyed mine, and I'm moving back into pretty much a Whole30 style of eating again, I've done all my reintroductions and now know that certain things are ne bueno for me. It's worth it just to find out things about yourself!

Flowers for your chocolate...I just keep thinking that when this Whole 30 is over I'm totally making out with the pint of ice cream that's been abandoned in my freezer! Or maybe not...this is the first time I've thought about it in days!

It's actually been easier this time- I'm surrounded by temptation, I'll have a momentary "I hate life that I can't eat it" but it passes quickly knowing what a great thing I'm doing for my body!

my prison experience was due to a OWI. :/ I was the only loss in the lot, though.

Oh, glad you came out of it though. There were some scary folks in the tank with me!!!

Aw. Lil P tryin' ta look like Mama P. How cute!

I heard Austin weather last week. It's in the 40s here today. That's cool for us, but it's Kansas, so nothing's really unusual. Sometimes it snows three feet before Halloween. Sometimes it snows three feet in April. Other times it doesn't snow much all winter (that was last winter, we never had a good freeze and we're paying for it in bugs and mice this year - EW). Hoping for a nice frozen winter this year!

Anyway, I prefer running in the 40 degree weather to 90 degree weather. Especially with the humidity. You're such a badass. I love those runs when I feel all in tune with my body and stride. RAWR!

Also, yay for weight loss. And how you passed up that popcorn is beyond me. You're amazing!

Yeah, Lil S said it was EPIC! I call that a win for mom!

Let's start with Friday evening.

Dinner was nommy-licious!

Steak, stir fry and brussels.

yjubaben.jpg

Made the kiddos their experimental popcorn. They ate every last kernal! Woot!

We stayed up late and watched movies.

Hanging out with all my babies>sleep so much win there!

Saturday (10/6)

Fitness: Rest day

Big S brought me breakfast in bed.

Just 2 fried eggs.

She didn't know what else to make that I could eat.

On top of that she made breakfast for the rest of the kids too! AND she helped clean up!!!

We had a housefull. Big S had her BF over and they corralled the other kids so I could do laundry and clean up.

They also looked after the little ones so I could go do this...

nyga3ery.jpg

There's almost 20lbs of chicken, 3.5lbs of steaks, 3lbs of ground beef, 5lbs ground turkey, and 4.5 dozen eggs.

Since Big J and Lil P aren't doing Whole 30 or Paleo you'll see some less healthy choices in the basket.

I'm trying though!

Well, I'm not sure this counts as trying...but *I* didn't eat a single crumb!

9ysevyju.jpg

Lil S is my little foodie in training, here she is with Big J making homemade salsa! Which I almost always add to my eggs these days! Sooo much yum!

u2yga3a2.jpg

I didn't sit down all day until it was time to enjoy this:

pema3eza.jpg

Stayed up late again watching movies with the kids.

I was nervous and excited about my first run in cooler weather...

My schedule calls for 5, I felt so good I made 6! No swelling, pain, or anything that would indicate I'm pushing too hard. YAY!!! YES THAT SAYS 53 DEGREES!!!

jyvaruhu.jpg

Post Run Noms. Except Lil P stole my banana :(

hapapy6y.jpg

Cooked for all the kids, did laundry, cleaned kitchen, rinse and repeat!

Worked on homework with Lil Man.

Hmmm anyone else see a problem with this???

uhujyqy4.jpg

And he got a nasty note that he didn't bring work to class the other day. Stepmom writes a note "HE WASN'T EVEN IN SCHOOL THIS DAY, HE WAS AT THE DOCTOR'S GETTING BLOODWORK DONE" I heart her for always having my kids' back! My boy gets himself into enough trouble, he doesn't need any help with that or a teacher bullying him!

Ran to the store, picked up Big S's BF again, did more laundry, cooked and cleaned up and yes there were more cookies for the kids!

aqytyveq.jpg

I didn't really get my goal for house prep, I feel like I was playing catch up all weekend since I wasn't home Monday night, all day Tuesday, and slept almost all Wednesday.

I don't feel like it would be fair to punish myself for that. I made the best of a crappy deal and came out ahead financially and my car got fixed.

Plus, the quality time I spent with all the kids this weekend trumps any kind of cleaning and or moving preparations!

Otherwise, I feel like I'm maintaining control of my life for the most part and being more productive that normal.

The only goal that really isn't seeing any forward progress is getting to the gym.

I'd say overall- this challenge is A material other than that~

Are y'all ready for this?

Monday

I think I'm going to start using my notebook more for tracking. It seems to be easier for me to write in my notebook rather than my white board as I can carry my notebook around much easier than my board ;)

Other than my rambling commentary, ranting and general blabbery, my updates may be taking more of this type of format:

Fitness: Rest day -I did NTC 'Get Lean Fighter Fit' My body really wanted movement.

yna2y3a3.jpg

This is what I did before work:

e7evaqur.jpg

I ate all of this today:

6avude2u.jpg

Big S had a choir concert. She thinks they suck, but they're pretty good. Her especially! She's the really tall, really fair skinned one! Ain't she a pretty thang?!?!?!

yguqesar.jpg

Another classic frittata, only Lil P ate about 1/3 of it! I love that she's developing a more complex palate! Pretty awesome for a 3 yo.

atypamu7.jpg

Put Lil P down to bed and attempted to do housework, but my body said it had enough for the day, so I made some sleepy time tea, grabbed my notebook and climbed into bed.

Didn't take but a minute or two to fall asleep!

Thank you Whole 30!!!

Day 5 Success!!!

AND Thank you Hammlin for doing the legwork on the bacon issue-

Woot!!! I got the right stuff and it's 'ok' on whole 30!!!

uta7aqe6.jpg

Makes for a happy mama P

a9azejed.jpg

Mama P! RAWR! I don't I've ever seen you with your hair down! That frittata looks so delicious.

And as always, I'm in awe of how much you accomplish in one day!

Now I'm really smiling!!! Thank you sweetheart, what girl doesn't love the occasional Warrior call (Way more awesome than a construction worker cat call)?!?!?!?!

I know, I usually have it pulled up or back cuz I can't stand it in my face.

It's strange how no matter how much you get done, there seems to be an endless list STILL waiting to get done. I think that's one of the beautiful things about making/setting realistic goals. SEEING progress by way of crossed out stuff helps make you see how much you're really doing!

Your hard work will pay off & will be worth it :)

Also have a feeling you will get back to the gym soon!

How did you know?

Actually, Big J will be changing shifts soon, in a month or so.

He'll be going in to work around 3pm, and getting home around 3am.....

And you know what that means?!?!?!

I GET MY 4AM WORKOUTS at the GYM BACK!!!!

Actually I may strive for 3:30 when my runs start getting a little longer.

How did you know?

Actually, Big J will be changing shifts soon, in a month or so.

He'll be going in to work around 3pm, and getting home around 3am.....

And you know what that means?!?!?!

I GET MY 4AM WORKOUTS at the GYM BACK!!!!

Actually I may strive for 3:30 when my runs start getting a little longer.

You...you are absolutely the only person I know who would be excited by this.

I love that Lil P is digging the more complex food! I was a picky eater for a very long time and now I have a very wide range of tastes. Gives hope to my sister who's kids are all picky.

And how 'bout them Texans? :)

The Tin Man: Cyborg Ranger

Tin Man's Out of Date Epic Quest

I am what I do.

You...you are absolutely the only person I know who would be excited by this.

Seriously, there's got to be something wrong with me, right? Honestly though, I really think it's because it's really the only time where I don't feel like I can do stuff without taking time away from my family.

I love that Lil P is digging the more complex food! I was a picky eater for a very long time and now I have a very wide range of tastes. Gives hope to my sister who's kids are all picky.

I really love it too! There's homemade spicy salsa in it too- I can't believe she loves it so! She's a chunky little monkey! I'm going to have to make her start running lol!

Lil S- is my foodie. She'll eat oysters on the half, wild boar, alligator, you name it and she'll try it. EXCEPT peanut butter. Will. NOT. Touch! Just the smell of it makes her physically ill! I'm working on the other kids....at least we're not reliant on fast food as much as we used to be!

And how 'bout them Texans? :)

WOOHOOO 5-0!!!

JJ SWatt is my hero! & Brian Cushing makes me think of BigM....weird huh?

They actually announced the score between songs at Big S's concert last night. I am pretty sure that I'm the only female that cheered!

JJ Watt is a beast... 40 lbs heavier than Clay Mathews and has the same cone drill time :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Titanium Bulwark

Level 4 Goliath Warrior

STR: 14.5 DEX: 7 STA: 12.5 CON: 8 WIS: 9.5 CHA: 5

Out of 100 men in battle, 10 shouldn't even be there, 80 are just targets, 9 are real fighters,

Ah, but the one,

One of them is the WARRIOR, And he will bring the others back.

- Hericletus 500 BC

Isaiah 40:31 "..but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

JJ Watt is rediculous. Being in an NFC city I don't watch much AFC and that was the first Texans game I've seen in years. He's simply a monster.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Tuesday at a glance

All of this happened before I left the house:

aju8upu7.jpg

• coffee
  • NTC didn't happen-ran out of time
  • pullups 10 over, 10 under
  • plank
  • load dishwasher
  • handwash dishes
  • clean up kitchen
  • mirrors & trash both bathrooms
  • fold & put away laundry (didn't put away P's & Lil man's)
  • pack lunch & bfast
  • p's bag
  • 10 min in each room(bedroom) didn't happen-ran out of time
  • swish & swipe both bathrooms

This is what I ate:

gu7aze6u.jpgadyvajy9.jpgse9y6ate.jpg

I had a snack of cashews, almonds and raisins on my way home.

Fitness:

y5atehu8.jpg

Post run delish

raju4enu.jpg

This sums up how I feel about Tuesday pretty simply!

buzuhyqu.jpg

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines