~*~Wicked Pixie~*~ Wyred Wayfaring Warrior

Wicked Pixie

holy crap. you are really getting all of the things done.

so proud of you.

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

holy crap. you are really getting all of the things done.

so proud of you.

Normally I'd just say thanks and that'd be the end of it. Not today! This simple statement caused me to have an epiphany of sorts.

I was beginning to beat myself up over failing to go to the gym and how silly it is to keep including it in my challenges simply because I *want* to go to the gym. Wanting something doesn't make it happen. I'm starting to understand that realistically it isn't possible for me to fit that in to my schedule. I've written about what time I get up and out the door and what I do between leaving for work and when I actually get home. There just isn't time to go. I need to stop setting myself up for failure. Why do I do this? Because I think if I don't say I'm lifting at the gym I'm not a warrior? Because it's hard, so I want to look strong? I don't know. But that has to stop now. I can not physically squeeze more minutes out of an hour and it's OK if I don't DO ALL THE THINGS.

This epiphany lead me to another MAJOR milestone in my self-assessment of goals.

I've been trying to be as detailed as possible with this challenge because I truly want to succeed.

You all have SEEN what I'm doing.

I see what I'm doing, and yet I still want to beat myself up for what ISN'T GETTING DONE! STOP IT PIXIE!

You see, I started to get all upset at myself that I didn't make a Wednesday night, and when I don't have a list I lack the motivation to get out of bed to get it all done. Now, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with having a clear plan for the next day, but I need to understand and be more kind to myself. My body needs rest.

I've been blazing this challenge, considering the LIFE things that I've had to deal with during the last few weeks.

Monday was a scheduled rest day, but I got up and did a workout anyway. I made myself feel terrible on Wednesday because I had scheduled a 30 NTC workout, but only did a 15 minute stretch routine. But you know, I ran with my 3 yo when I got home and I jumped rope (1000revolutionsthankyouverymuchkthxbai) and that's just as good! No, I didn't make a list before bed and even though I got up and cleaned the kitchen, I didn't do pullups or planks or an NTC workout-but the truth is, IT'S not going to kill me- I NEED to give myself some rest some times.... I have to let myself have mornings like this.

I am NOT behind on my training. I am NOT letting my NF family down. I need to realize that I don't have to be perfect. I don't have to do ALL the things ALL the time!!!!

I have to do the best that I can do. I have to put my heart into what's important to me. Those things are my families (my IRL loves and my NF fam) and my training. Outside of those things, what anyone else thinks does not matter.

Now that I got that off my chest...

Let's look at some fun things!

Wednesday (10/10)

Before work:

6e2esa7a.jpg4avy7y9y.jpg

Me & Lil P (I promised she could go running with me & she's ready!)

e9uvudu7.jpg

Food things I ate today:

rysuse4e.jpgtydu3aqy.jpg

Lil P's run:ynyqutyv.jpg2ajubu9u.jpgy3upynes.jpg

...it's OK if I don't DO ALL THE THINGS.

I am NOT behind on my training. I am NOT letting my NF family down. I need to realize that I don't have to be perfect. I don't have to do ALL the things ALL the time!!!!

I have to do the best that I can do. I have to put my heart into what's important to me. Those things are my families (my IRL loves and my NF fam) and my training.

ALL the love and support.

Milythael Assassin

Current Activity: 5 Week Challenge - June 20 - July 24, 2021

Past Activity: 

Spoiler

Challenges: Intro, 123, 4567, 891011
PVPs: Demon Slaying, HOoRAY, Meditation,
 Poses, Juggling 30/30 Squat

it IS ok if you don't do all of the things.

remember, 4 goals. :)

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

You don't have to do *all* the things. Trust me on that one... :)

What you do have to accomplish though, is the goals that are important enough to set time aside for. I believe that you *can* wing a day. It won't kill you. Yes, planning and prepping everything will make it easier. But it can get boring. Figure out a base plan for each day, or at the beginning of the week, and adjust as needed!

But you know what? I think you know that. You've been accomplishing what's needed. Sometime the plan goes to hell and we need to pull a backup out of our pocket. Or figure out that "hey, X amounts of workouts aren't working". That's okay. It looks like you know how to improvise with the best of them. :)

Thank you for the courage and audacity to speak your mind...I love seeing what you're thinking and how you're going to be wickedly awesome!

Regardless of where and how you train you are a warrior in the truest sense. Congrats on getting more done in a day than I can fathom thinking about in a day (frealz) and even bigger congrats on realizing how awesome you really are, how hard you work and that you deserve to be super nice to yourself. Those are surprisingly hard things to grasp sometimes.

Also, you totally inspire me. Instead of now thinking, "someone busier than you is working out right now" I think, "Pixie can do 10x what I've set myself up to do on a daily basis. Time to step it up." So, I bust out my inner Pixie on the regular :) Thanks for the inspiration!

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Regardless of where and how you train you are a warrior in the truest sense. Congrats on getting more done in a day than I can fathom thinking about in a day (frealz) and even bigger congrats on realizing how awesome you really are, how hard you work and that you deserve to be super nice to yourself. Those are surprisingly hard things to grasp sometimes.

Also, you totally inspire me. Instead of now thinking, "someone busier than you is working out right now" I think, "Pixie can do 10x what I've set myself up to do on a daily basis. Time to step it up." So, I bust out my inner Pixie on the regular :) Thanks for the inspiration!

Thank you! It means a lot to me to have you say that! seriously...I need a box of tissues!

Love you girl!!!! SO much!

Thursday:

I slept in, but did get up early enough to wash the dishes, clean the kitchen and move the laundry.

No planks no pullups not a dang thing but inspecting my eyelids for holes!

Not sure what the deal was today, but I was hungry all day long!

Blueberries, grapes, cashews, raisins.

Lunch- eggs and sweet tater

ezase2u4.jpg

Ran 5 miles.

2ygevumu.jpg

Post run noms:

steak & onions

acorn squash

was still hungry so I had fried eggs and 1/2 a banana (Lil P stole the other half)

jubugeny.jpg

I didn't clean up at all...

Made my list and went to bed happy though and that's what matters!

I came to the realization that I'm doing ok with this challenge thing.

Friday

Slept until the very last moment.

I cleaned the kitchen and did dishes. That's all!

Stepmom sent pictures of Big S's homecoming Mum & BF's garter. So pretty!

harabe9u.jpg5ymubere.jpg

I left work early because Big J had an appointment at the tattoo shop & I wanted to hang out.

I found these when I got home!

Woohoo for freebies!!

I'm really excited to try the protein treats for post run eats, but it'll have to wait until November!

avypysyv.jpg

I LOVE the Polar Ice bottle, great graphic! Talk about motivation!!! (I'll do a little write up on it another time)

enubyjet.jpg

I started yet another knitting project, hopefully this one will get done before the end of the week. Baby booties for a tattoo artist friend of ours in Atlanta.

Brandon Bond (the guy who rescued Michael Vick's fighting pits)

apa7ebet.jpg

Enjoyed some quiet time just knitting. I needed that.

Saturday

SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP!!!!

When I finally DID get up I burnt my fritatta cuz I was so excited to hear about Hammi's new shoes!!!!

Not sure if you can tell, but in the pic- I'm BAWLING!!! So happy for her!

6uru6y9y.jpge7y7umes.jpg

Then shopping all day!

These were some of the fun things we found:

he6aju3a.jpguma9udat.jpgygy7e2ej.jpgenupaqez.jpg

Found a special present for Big J on the way home.....

I had to go back out so he had a nice surprise when he got in from work!

8aqa5e6e.jpg

JJ SWAT....JJ WHAAAT?!?!?!

rega3ynu.jpg

Had a minor Whole 30 fail, there was dextrose in the seasoning on my wings. I ordered them with the seasoning on the side, but they put it on them anyway. I'm not in a position to waste that much food and I couldn't give them to the kids...I ordered Desert Heat- too spicy for them.

Finished bootie number 1. here it is in progress....

u3e9unep.jpg

Bootay! Lol too cute!

My Blog | My Story

Race: Wood Elf | Class: Footpath Ranger Leader

Level18 (STR):44.25 (DEX):37.25 (STA):30 (CON):31.25 (WIS):31.5 (CHA):25.25

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"Love does not throw the book at you because love doesn't have a book to throw." -CS Lewis

Thank you! It means a lot to me to have you say that! seriously...I need a box of tissues!

Love you girl!!!! SO much!

!!!!!! <3 you!!!! :) I only speak the truth.

Keep in mind it's still swollen

yjyha7ab.jpg

Holy crap! Make sure you post another pic when it's not swollen anymore, too :)

All your food is making me hungry!! Simple goodness, man! Yum!

And yay for presents for Big J!

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Bootay! Lol too cute!

I love making them, it's just finding a couple hours to sit and do eeeeet is challenging! Still only have ONE done :(

Holy cow, I'd say so! You're mileage is getting up there, I'm impressed! And the food and the shopping and the tattoo and and and and and. My goodness there's a lot going on in here!

I'm trying to stick to the plan. So much still to do!!!

Bootay! Lol too cute!

I love making them, it's just finding a couple hours to sit and do eeeeet is challenging! Still only have ONE done :(

Holy cow, I'd say so! You're mileage is getting up there, I'm impressed! And the food and the shopping and the tattoo and and and and and. My goodness there's a lot going on in here!

I'm trying to stick to the plan. So much still to do!!!

I'm still kind of shocked he really got it done. If THAT doesn't tell you how committed someone is to you,I don't know what would!

I think my food pix are my way of telling myself and all y'all that whole 30 doesn't HAVE to be mundane or blah.

We still like to eat all the things!!!

I'm still kind of shocked he really got it done. If THAT doesn't tell you how committed someone is to you,I don't know what would!

I think my food pix are my way of telling myself and all y'all that whole 30 doesn't HAVE to be mundane or blah.

We still like to eat all the things!!!

Day 12 Whole 30 Woohoo!!!

duhu9esu.jpgjusudyhu.jpg

She can be sweet

udy6eduh.jpg

yum steak, onions peppers, spinach and avacado.

avu8e4aj.jpg

Paleo/Whole 30 meatloaf with turnip greens with bacon

dytary7y.jpg

And then she does this to me....I almost caved on whole 30 and had a drink. I did NOT, I was STRONG!!

That was possibly the most hellacious ride home ever. In fact, after I stopped the recording it got WORSE! I maintained my composure though and kept calm. I'm really proud of myself I didn't even yell!!!

I picked up my lil man and we headed home for homework.

I think it's pretty ridiculous the "steps" they require 3rd graders to complete for a math problem. Even if they get the right answer, if the steps are wrong or not there, the problem will get counted wrong. So frustrating especially when parents aren't clued in to what the steps are supposed to be!

Needless to say, I was frustrated to tears trying to figure it out.

Looking back at it, I think my frustration with his homework may have made him feel better. If SuperMom didn't totally understand it, it's totally OK that he was struggling too!

What a great thought! I hope I'm right!!!

He read to me for 45 minutes while I cooked dinner.

Turns out he and Lil P liked the turnip greens. YAY!

After dinner I took lil man back to his dads house and we ALL had a pow wow about this weekends plans.......

I am going to need LOTSA caffeine to get through this one!

Big S has her BF's school's homecoming game Friday night.

Then Saturday morning she has Region Choir auditions that last all day.

Saturday night is the Homecoming dance. Stepmom volunteered to be Big S's driver for these events! Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Lil S and Lil man BOTH have birthday parties to go to Saturday- one is 11-2 and one is 2-4. I'd better pack a lunch, because there won't be time to go home between parties.

Big J has to work Saturday also, so Lil P will have to be toted around, so I need to pack her food and entertainment as well....

I'm ready for a nap already and it's not even Saturday yet!!!

you are doing so great.

i had a dream last night that i was running and i woke up and thought of you!

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Awwww I feel loved :)

I hope you weren't being chased by zombies!

no. i was actually enjoying going for a run.

then i knew it was a dream.

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Update 10/16

This one isn't pretty y'all.....

I stayed up to watch the two Monday night football games.

Oh, you didn't know there were two games on? Oh my yes!

The first game was the San Diego Chargers vs the broncos

then there was like a 12 minute intermission (yes, I know it's half-time..work with me here I'm being funny)

Then the second game was PEYTON MANNING AND THE DENVER BRONCOS putting a hurtin' on the baby bolts

Holy crap!!! That was stellar! 35 unanswered points!!!!

If I haven't ever mentioned it before, I went to the University of Georgia while Peyton Manning played at Tennessee, so my school loyalty demands I hate him. Yet as a football fan, I have to give the man props...he's a beast! What an amazing man all around. Truly one of my heroes. My Lil P may or may not have been named after him....although Big J will say it's after another football Peyton...but I'm the mom therefore I has all the win! :)

Wait, this update was supposed to be about Tuesday...

Ok, so normally I leave my house at 6:15.

Yeah, that's about what time I woke up.

Showered at the speed of sound and got lil P ready to go.

Work was work. Nothing to write about (usually isn't...even though I do love my job)

tasuju6a.jpg

Rain crept into the city and I was Doomed for a dreadmill night

Didn't get home until nearly 7.

Hammlin suggested "knock downs"

Started at 5.0 for 2 min, then 5.1 for 2 min etc.

I think I got up to 6.1 but I couldn't maintain that. I was starting to feel dizzy (that ONLY happens when I'm on the treadmill)

and my chest started to have pains. I didn't want to take any chances, so I kept it at 5.4 ish- up and down for the duration of the run.

I hit a wall at 3.5 miles, but MADE myself go to 4.

e9y8ebe5.jpg

I was all kinds of pissed. I wanted 6. So I stewed on that all night....

(only to realize Wednesday morning, that I only had a 5 miler on my schedule- I feel LESS SUCKY about that 4 now!)

And see I was so pissy about it I forgot to take a picture of the AMAZEBALLS dinner Big J made ....

Was oven roasted chicken thighs with roasted carrots onions and green apples. He even checked ALL the spices to be certain they were Whole 30 OK!!! What a sweetheart!!!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines