CyningaDena's "The Infrastructure's Fracked" Challenge

CyningaDena

POOL PARTY IN CD'S THREAD!

CANNONBAAAAAAAAALL!

So, yeah, recently back after a quick trip home for a family medical emergency. It was teh suck and I got mostly nothing accomplished for my challenge. But! In the Better News category, the family farm sits back on a packed gravel road with zero traffic. So, since there were no little girls around to clothesline, I took Mom's new pup for a run Tuesday evening instead. Heard meadowlarks and mourning doves, saw a pheasant rooster with his harem, stopped to inspect some coyote tracks. Meanwhile, the sun set like a painted bowl clapped over top of the earth. Meanwhile, dusk decided it wasn't terribly interested in my problems and continued as planned.

Something about being home on the farm always helps me step back and refocus. Visiting with Mom probably doesn't hurt, either.

So I'm a bit behind in everything, but that doesn't mean I can't get started. After work today I showered, shaved, laced up my Balls-o-Brass boots and started putting my life back in order. Bring it.

Wood Elf Ranger

LEVEL 1, It don't mean a thing if I don't hear that ding: My Epic Quest

Welcome back! Sorry to hear about the family medical thingy, but the farm visit sounds like it was a good reset. Let the Total Domination re-commence!

Level 32 Minifig Jedi Assassin

Current Challenge  | Battle Log | "Epic" Quest

Previous Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6789101111.51213141516171819, 2021222324, 25, 262728293031323334

"A man who wants to do something will find a way; a man who doesn't will find an excuse." -Stephan Dolley, Jr.

"You don't get stronger by skipping workouts." - me, to myself, about 3 times a week

Good to have you back. I hope everything ended well. In the very least I hope the bits of nature you got to expose yourself to were good for the soul.

Edit: Immediately after hitting send I realized this is not a thread where the words "expose yourself" should be said out loud.

Level 3/1 Wild Elf Assassin/Ranger
Owner of the Lizard Demon
STR 12 | DEX 10 | STA 8 | CON 9 | WIS 12 | CHA 7
Our motto within STG is to always expect trouble. Failing that, create trouble for someone else. -Major Kirrahe

We do not experience fear, but we understand how it affects you. -LEGION

Party: Down & Dirties
Level 1: Ranger 1
Level 2: Assassin 1

Level 4: Assassin 3

2013 Resolutions

All right... This is my **Official Last Non-Fitness Related** hijack of CDs thread. But since he is a Siri user, I could not resist to share this with him and all of you. Further posts from me here will only be to encourage him in his challenge ;) Since the video is Auf Deutsch I am placing English translations below. Hope it gives everyone a good laugh, the tech geeks of us a shiver, and everyone's morning off to a good start to accomplish your goals today!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0RqPhr-hdA

• Innovation

• Elegant design

• Modern Technology

• Premium Materials

• High Resolution Touch Screen Display

Finally - The XPhone

The Xphone Contains and internal 48 MegalPixel camera for crystal-clear photographs. Thanks to the Universal Adapter, all commercially available lenses can be used.

With the Xphone’s integrated print function, your snapshots can brilliantly printed instantly.

The Xphone is compatible with all common device interfaces:

Memory Cards, Optical Mediums, and through "Flashback Technology" is backwards compatible.

The centerpiece of the Xphone is the Nuclear Engery Cell with an operating live of over 80 years. This power makes energy intensive applications possible. For example, the ceramic induction stove top integrated into the display. You'll never have to be on the go again without crisp toast. Of course, with patented SMS2TOAST Technology.

With the optional adapter kit for all power levels, the Xphone will help you in all aspects of life.

Finally Available in all existing colors and materials on Earth.

Finally. The Xphone.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human Adventurer

STR: 3 | DEX: 2 | CON: 2 | STA: 2 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

good to have you back.we missed you.

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

CANNONBAAAAAAAAALL!

So, yeah, recently back after a quick trip home for a family medical emergency. It was teh suck and I got mostly nothing accomplished for my challenge. But! In the Better News category, the family farm sits back on a packed gravel road with zero traffic. So, since there were no little girls around to clothesline, I took Mom's new pup for a run Tuesday evening instead. Heard meadowlarks and mourning doves, saw a pheasant rooster with his harem, stopped to inspect some coyote tracks. Meanwhile, the sun set like a painted bowl clapped over top of the earth. Meanwhile, dusk decided it wasn't terribly interested in my problems and continued as planned.

Something about being home on the farm always helps me step back and refocus. Visiting with Mom probably doesn't hurt, either.

So I'm a bit behind in everything, but that doesn't mean I can't get started. After work today I showered, shaved, laced up my Balls-o-Brass boots and started putting my life back in order. Bring it.

So glad you're back!! :biggrin-new:

Am sorry to hear about the family medical stuff. Having absolutely no idea what that all entailed, I do hope things are better for all involved, in whatever way is needed.

Your outdoors run on the farm sounds a-MAY-zing. Wow. Talk about soul-cleansing. Love your description of it, too. :)

Speaking of getting started...you gonna do some burpees this weekend, bro??? Check out the min-challenge thread. I'm logging as many as I can to help the Ranger cause, but I forgot how farking hard they are....oh crap, as I'm typing this the clock has turned to 11:00a, and I'm doing burpees every hour on the hour. Gotta go get 'em done!

;)

So glad you're back!! :biggrin-new:

Am sorry to hear about the family medical stuff. Having absolutely no idea what that all entailed, I do hope things are better for all involved, in whatever way is needed.

Your outdoors run on the farm sounds a-MAY-zing. Wow. Talk about soul-cleansing. Love your description of it, too. :)

Ditto all this. I'm going to hire Sambie as my more-eloquent-than-self speaker. =D

Really, though, glad you're back. These forums aren't the same without you!

Absidey

LEVEL12

STR11 DEX13 STA20

CON29 WIS17 CHA11

Fear is the mind-killer.

Main Goal: Lose 20 Hip/Waist inches

95%
95%

Current Challenge

POOL PARTY IN CD'S THREAD!

Thought that's what we'd been doing since somewhere on page 2...

Good to have you back. I hope everything ended well. In the very least I hope the bits of nature you got to expose yourself to were good for the soul.

Edit: Immediately after hitting send I realized this is not a thread where the words "expose yourself" should be said out loud.

Especially with that "Total Domination" video gyrating at us and CD putting on "Balls-o-Brass" boots

All right... This is my **Official Last Non-Fitness Related** hijack of CDs thread. But since he is a Siri user, I could not resist to share this with him and all of you. Further posts from me here will only be to encourage him in his challenge ;) Since the video is Auf Deutsch I am placing English translations below. Hope it gives everyone a good laugh, the tech geeks of us a shiver, and everyone's morning off to a good start to accomplish your goals today!

What?!?! No more thread-jacking? But then it'll be boring, like my thread. He'll think we don't care anymore...

Seriously CD- glad you're back and hope everything worked out.

Now start doing burpees- I'm old and broken and I'm afraid some of y'all younger folks are going to have to make up for my slothfullness.

For example, the ceramic induction stove top integrated into the display. You'll never have to be on the go again without crisp toast. Of course, with patented SMS2TOAST Technology

How long until someone figures out how to enable the stove top from a distance and peoples' pants start catching fire?

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Heard meadowlarks

Smile. Happy you got to enjoy that.

What?!?! No more thread-jacking? But then it'll be boring, like my thread. He'll think we don't care anymore.

I left us a loophole by saying "Official" which mentioned nothing of unofficial thread jacking. Thank you 10+ years of legal experience for teaching me to exploit such things.

How long until someone figures out how to enable the stove top from a distance and peoples' pants start catching fire?

This made me rage in a bout of Schadenfreude NSFW Lyrics! My favorite line "Happiness at the misfortune of others? That IS German!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human Adventurer

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

This thread is nothing short of delightful. Now I want to start learning German (I'm already learning Spanish; overload?). I can practice with the 60 year old German flight attendant who frequents my bar. She's hilariously filthy and whenever there's football on she just delcares "I'm here to look at ze asses!" True story.

So, since there were no little girls around to clothesline, I took Mom's new pup for a run Tuesday evening instead. Heard meadowlarks and mourning doves, saw a pheasant rooster with his harem, stopped to inspect some coyote tracks. Meanwhile, the sun set like a painted bowl clapped over top of the earth. Meanwhile, dusk decided it wasn't terribly interested in my problems and continued as planned.

That was really lovely!

Best of luck on your challenge, I have no doubt that you'll obliterate it and make it feel embarrassed it ever called itself a "challenge."

"In the silence of your bones and eyes forgotten magic sits and waits for fire." 

-Robert Montgomery

Assassin Crest

human assassin | viper jock
STA: 6.25 | STR: 6.5 | CHA: 9 | WIS: 12 | DEX: 5 | CON: 6.5

Sister's Getting Swole: Starbuck Vs. IrishAmazon

Fitocracy

This thread is nothing short of delightful. Now I want to start learning German (I'm already learning Spanish; overload?). I can practice with the 60 year old German flight attendant who frequents my bar. She's hilariously filthy and whenever there's football on she just delcares "I'm here to look at ze asses!" True story. ."

You and Samun can be my first two students hahah! Maybe in homage to your bar patron we should start with German Bar Slang for Beginners. Lesson 1: My place or yours?

lol

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human Adventurer

Glad you're back. Someone needs to change the pool filter, and it sure hasn't been this crowd. *nose goes*

Lovely run! Glad you and the hound were able to get something rolling, even with tragedy afoot. I hope you and yours turn out okay in the end. Life took you for a ride last challenge, though, and you rocked it out. Remember the part where you didn't realize your own strength? Yeah. This challenge will be cake.

Also, my bird-nerdy little heart swells three times too big when I hear folks name-dropping meadowlarks, pheasants, and the like. (Fun fact: Western Meadowlark is the Oregon state bird.) I'm going to an Audubon fundraiser tonight, and they're going to release a great horned owl they've been rehabbing! /birdnerd

Battle Log

"Either you take care of business and give yourself the best chance of survival (while accepting the inherent fuckedupitude and randomness of life), or you relinquish all hope entirely." -- Krista Scott-Dixon

(Fun fact: Western Meadowlark is the Oregon state bird.)

Copycats! It was our state bird first! ;) There's a wooden fencepost at the end of my parents' driveway that's rotted out and doesn't actually function as any useful part of the fence, but no one has taken it out because for the past couple years there's been a meadowlark who sits there and

his territory.

Wow, I just spent half an hour trawling meadowlark videos on YouTube to find that link. I had no idea there was such regional variety in the song. Not one of them sounds quite like the meadowlarks back home, who seem to hit a bass note at the very end. When Sambie comes to harrass me about why I didn't do seven jillion burpees for the mini-challenge, I will point to this post right here. "There's eight notes in that call and six in this one! It's crazy!" She will be very understanding, I'm sure.

Also, I suppose, UPDATES!

I'm on track with two of my four goals, and I'm calling that an unqualified win this week, all things considered. Although the scheduled days were jacked up from my trip home, I completed Week 1 of Steve's Rebel Running Guide today. I also finished Lesson One of my Russian language program and now have 28 fascinating vocab words under my belt, including подруга, квартира, and мачете. The last one I looked up on my own, just so I could write more interesting dialogues than, "O hai, are you a journalist?" "No, I am a student." "My brother is also a student! This is his wife and his house." "That is not a house. That is a restaurant...you crazy bitch." As an added bonus, I'm going to try tackling all of the pronoun cases and their gender variations over the weekend. Although now that I think of it, I should find out if Russian has the same pronoun cases as English. That's at least another good half hour of no burpees.

Wood Elf Ranger

LEVEL 1, It don't mean a thing if I don't hear that ding: My Epic Quest

Threadjack: birdnerds unite! I keep a running log of local birds I've spotted...and I have a "bird tree" in the winter time, right outside my window. I load it up with all kinds of goodies for the winter months and watch the show. Really helps me get through the looong, grey winters up here. Oh! And just a few days ago, saw the weirdest sight....a flock of common flickers hopping around the grass in my yard. Flickers are woodpecker-type birds so I've only ever seen them in trees before; it must have been a good day for bugs in the grass, because they were going nuts.

/threadjack

I suppose I should stop trash-talking about burpees, as I'm planning to work on some of my other goals today and do fewer burpees myself. :sheepish: :) I feel like my 175 in one day was pretty good for me. I will do some more today with my bodyweight circuit (instead of the jacks), but I'm not planning on doing them every hour on the hour again. That was HARD and frankly I ended up having to skip dinner yesterday to avoid doing them on a full stomach. I want to do some UFYH tasks for the multi-PvP, I want to read my book ("Sixty One Nails" -- it's good!), I want to eat chocolate-chip almond-flour pancakes, I want to take a patchouli-scented bubble bath, I want to walk the dogs, and other things that are just as important as burpees. :)

Dude, I'm so proud of you for finishing week 1 in the running guide and lesson 1 in your language program, in addition to dealing with your wonky week of unexpected family stuff! When family stuff happens to me, I usually get completely derailed and end up needing 2-3 weeks to recover from the physical damage I did, not to mention the emotional recovery from whatever the family situation was. You took the days you needed, then came right back and jumped into your challenge without missing a beat. That is ridiculously inspiring. :) And, it's only the first week! I can already tell you're going to do awesome on all 4 of your goals this go 'round.

I'm on track with two of my four goals, and I'm calling that an unqualified win this week, all things considered. Although the scheduled days were jacked up from my trip home, I completed Week 1 of Steve's Rebel Running Guide today. I also finished Lesson One of my Russian language program and now have 28 fascinating vocab words under my belt, including подруга, квартира, and мачете. The last one I looked up on my own, just so I could write more interesting dialogues than, "O hai, are you a journalist?" "No, I am a student." "My brother is also a student! This is his wife and his house." "That is not a house. That is a restaurant...you crazy bitch." As an added bonus, I'm going to try tackling all of the pronoun cases and their gender variations over the weekend. Although now that I think of it, I should find out if Russian has the same pronoun cases as English. That's at least another good half hour of no burpees.

Awesome! Truly inspiring that you were able to accomplish all of that especially given the week you had. Think you are going to destroy these challenges no problem. They don't call you CD for nuthin'.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human Adventurer

Internet here is back on snail time, so no reply with quote.

Johnny- never learned that one, I give up. Schadenfreude ROCKS! But really only if the object is a jerk.

Sambie/erawka/CD- haven't seen as many new birds this trip over as I hoped I would, but look up black drongos, red backed shrikes, European bee-eaters, blue cheeked bee-eaters, and red kites. I'm hoping as the Hindu Kush gets snowed in, we'll get more migrants passing through and I'll pick up a few more new ones. FLICKERS- I've probably seen more on the ground than I have on trees. We even used to get them my feeder when I was growing up.

Cara- Herzlich wilkommen in dem schwimmbad party!

CD- Awesome job on keeping up with your challenge. Now, as for your Russian, why don't you engage in a bit of Cold War nostalgia and learn the KGB code phrases the military's linguist used to learn? Oldies but goodies like, "The pregnant sow has lost her piglets," or my favorite, "The warthog wants more caviar." Just a thought.

Oldies but goodies like, "The pregnant sow has lost her piglets," or my favorite, "The warthog wants more caviar." Just a thought.

Hahah Omigawd those are awesome!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Human Adventurer

Copycats! It was our state bird first! ;) There's a wooden fencepost at the end of my parents' driveway that's rotted out and doesn't actually function as any useful part of the fence, but no one has taken it out because for the past couple years there's been a meadowlark who sits there and
his territory.

Wow, I just spent half an hour trawling meadowlark videos on YouTube to find that link. I had no idea there was such regional variety in the song. Not one of them sounds quite like the meadowlarks back home, who seem to hit a bass note at the very end. When Sambie comes to harrass me about why I didn't do seven jillion burpees for the mini-challenge, I will point to this post right here. "There's eight notes in that call and six in this one! It's crazy!" She will be very understanding, I'm sure.

YAY for kicking week 1's ass, despite unexpected emergencies! And I'm loving the practice phrases-way to make it interesting! But how are you getting the cyrillic alphabet on your keyboard? What's the cheat for that?

And yeah birding! I'm not sure how we went from lube and beer last challenge to birding this challenge, but I'm curious to see where the next 5 weeks go....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gallifreyan Jackal Ranger

STR: 4 | DEX: 1 | STA: 3 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Introduction

CURRENT CHALLENGE!
(seriously updated, for reals guys)

Here's how much I <3 flickers. It has color now, so those in the know can call it a northern flicker, red-shafted variant. It's actually had color for a while, so it's got that older tat look. This pic is far prettier.

But yes. Threadjacking. Severe no no. You're running! And Russianing! What's "nipple chafing" in Russian?

Anyway, I shan't keep you from your burpees. or Sambie from badgering you about them.

Battle Log

"Either you take care of business and give yourself the best chance of survival (while accepting the inherent fuckedupitude and randomness of life), or you relinquish all hope entirely." -- Krista Scott-Dixon

Here's how much I <3 flickers. It has color now, so those in the know can call it a northern flicker, red-shafted variant. It's actually had color for a while, so it's got that older tat look. This pic is far prettier.

But yes. Threadjacking. Severe no no. You're running! And Russianing! What's "nipple chafing" in Russian?

Anyway, I shan't keep you from your burpees. or Sambie from badgering you about them.

Tiny threadjack moment: Squee! Erawka, I heart you so much right now. That tat is flipping amazing.

Okay, I'll post more birding talk on my own thread so poor CD can squeeze in his update posts amidst all our chatter. :)

(and I've given up badgering about burpees...I am so sore today from my 175 burpees yesterday that I managed nary a one today. Hoping to do more tomorrow. So, no more burpee trash talk from me, for sure!)

BURPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines