Fairy's Challenge: The might of a Warrior

Fairy

Fellow Men and Women

This will be my first challenge. Lets make it a good one!

At my current state I am kinda fit. I can do squats. I can do push-ups. I can even do some chin-ups!

My primary goal with this challenge is simply to get stronger

My lifegoals during challenges will be to improve my life into something i will be proud of.

Here goes!

1) Get into a gym, learn how to deadlift, squat(with weights) and bench. Get some result so I can compare myself with other peoples results :)

+ 3 STR

The how:

I have only been working with my body so far. It's great workout but I feel like it's not enough. Maybe I'm not motivating myself enough or something but I believe going to a gym with an instructor to help me will be enough.

It will be a great opportunity to compare how strong I really am.

2) Get serious with boxing. Join a boxing gym. Exercise often and hard with other boxers. Interact and develope a good boxing sense.

+ 2 STA + 2 WIS

The how:

This has been on my mind for a long time and will finally be set. I know this might fit better in the Assasins part, but my PRIMARY goal is to GET STRONGER. So I hope i can still be a warrior ;)

3) Develope a good teqcnique for vertical push-ups. Be able to do 5 COMPLETE vertical push-ups in a row with good tec.

+ 3 DEX + 1 CON

The how:

This is something I've longed to do. People strungle with diffrent things. I've managed some. But vertical push-ups isn't one of them. It's something i consider REALLY cool. I would feel really good about myself if I'd manage to complete this goal! :)

And the life goal.

1) To , on my free time, study as much as I work out every day. This will be done in steps. And to be completed the final week.

+ 3 WIS + 1 CHA

The how:

My daily routine is like this: I wake up. I go to school. I come home. Excercise, shower, eat. That's it. By that time the clock is about 7-8 p.m. After this I only sit by the computer. Literally do nothing. I want to make time worthy.

This goal is very hard to achieve in my honest opinion. It will take a lot of dicipline out of me. But I believe if I can start slow and get used to it it won't be that hard. I'll make it into my lifestyle.

I have some questions as well ^^

In this thread, do i post updates of how it's going etc?

Did i count my stats correctly etc? :P

That's pretty much it. These are things I've thought about but never really done anything to accomplich. Wish me luck!

Fairy, who am I to dream?

Current Challenge

STR 1 | DEX 3 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 3 | CHA 2

"And when you get to the point where all you wanna do is be is successful as bad as you wanna breathe ,

then you will be successful. And I’m here to tell you that number one, most of you say you wanna be successful but you don’t want it bad, you just kind of want it"

Awesome goals, good luck!

You should specify how you're going to perform your life goal (studying) so that you can properly grade yourself at the end. Otherwise you might just go "Oh, yeah. I studied. A". Or "I didn't study enough, D." without actually quantifying it and knowing if you truly did perform adequately.

Neutral Good-High Elf Warrior

What we move is far less important than what moves us.

Razor's Three-Fortnight Challenge

Welcome!

Looks pretty good to me, and you can post as much or as little as you want to -- some people post workouts, some people post commentary, anything you want to share. And then people will comment and you can have conversations and sometimes things will get a little crazy and there will be twenty posts of animated gifs in someone's thread of kittens deadlifting or something.

Who are you NOT to?

:star:

Haha, i didn't mean like that :)

I dream, but it's more like: who am i to dream, i should do it instead

Current Challenge

"And when you get to the point where all you wanna do is be is successful as bad as you wanna breathe ,

then you will be successful. And I’m here to tell you that number one, most of you say you wanna be successful but you don’t want it bad, you just kind of want it"

This will be my first challenge. Lets make it a good one!

Good luck on your adventure fellow newbie!

I believe going to a gym with an instructor to help me will be enough.

Remember to do your own research into the lifts, too. I'm sure they will help as much as they can, but remember that not all instructors/trainers are omniscient in the ways of lifting, (You can see my experiences with this in my challenge) but there are lots of good resources around the interwebs to help should you need it. Some of the best are Starting Strength, StrongLifts, and here at NF, especially when you include the community! They don't quite compare to a real in-person coach, but they will surely supplement your knowledge and understanding of the exercises, and offer support at every turn.

Again, good luck and keep fighting the good fight!

/who DangerDavePlayers in NerdFitness:---------------------[3 Warrior] DangerDave (ThreeQuarterLing) ZONE: 5-3-1 BarbellsThere is 1 player in NerdFitness.current challengefitocracySTR 10 | DEX 5 | STA 8 | CON 6 | WIS 4 | CHA 5These quest things are a bitch. Lionel Fenn

Oh yeah. First day complete!

I woke up at 6:10 am. Went to the gym. Had a nice leg day. Managed to squat 176.4 lb but trained on 154.

At 17:15 i got to crossfit. Was fun! :D

Then at 18:40 it was boxing. Now you might think this is too much. But boxing was only technical stuff so no real workout :))

Good job me! ^^

Current Challenge

Time for an update ^^

All is well so far. I have yet some work to do when it comes to the studying part, but i'm working on it.

Tonight i'm going to the boxing gym, i'm pretty exited about it ^^

Current Challenge

i really like how your studying goal is framed in terms of the time you spend working out. my life goal in the last challenge was to get into a good routine of studying too, because like you i was spending plenty of time exercising but nowhere near enough time doing schoolwork. ;) my unstated fifth goal this challenge is to keep up the routine i built for myself last challenge. :)

No precise targets yet. I wanna get a hang of it first i think :)

Going great today too. Studied with a friend after school, it went good.

I've been thinking of what motivates me. I often think about how hard other people might try when they try to achieve something, and i compare myself to them. There's always someone who tries harder than me, that's why i must do my best every time

Current Challenge

Sorry. Time for an update!

I managed good so far. This week i have to study tons for exam so the study goal wont be a prob ^^

I will still work out every day ofc :D not much to the gym tho :/// more to boxing :D

I'm still going strong!!

Current Challenge

I have done deadlift and bench. My fav is deadlift. I try my best to have a good position doing it, but it's hard, my back always wanna curl instead of being straight :/

Boxing is mostly cardio, which is fun. I learn tons of exercises there

Current Challenge

I have done deadlift and bench. My fav is deadlift. I try my best to have a good position doing it, but it's hard, my back always wanna curl instead of being straight :/

Current Challenge

deadlift is probably my favorite too. :)

i don't have any advice about how to keep your back from curling because i'm not an expert on these things. but if you posted a separate thread (in 'form check' or 'powerlifting and olympic lifting' probably), i am sure you'd get some more helpful replies!

You want to keep your core tight; that will help you with your back being straight. If your back wants to curl you shouldn't go up in weight. Form deteriorates when you get tired, so I sometimes can do a couple reps with my back straight at a given weight before it starts to want to curl, so just be sure you stop when you can't lift with good form even if you haven't gotten all of your reps and then try the same weight again next time and see if you can do more reps with good form.

Deadlift is my favorite as well, and every time I increase the weight my shoulders want to hunch forward. Doing bent-over rows (and a lot of people recommend pendlay rows but I can't find a solid article about them for the life of me) on days you don't deadlift to help strengthen your shoulders. Make sure you're eating a ton. Hope things are going good, fairy!

Neutral Good-High Elf Warrior

What we move is far less important than what moves us.

Razor's Three-Fortnight Challenge

Update time!!

Exams are all done. Studied like mad. Think things will work out. I got a boxing rush tonight ^^. I've actually wrapped the bandage on my hands as i type this xD.

Thanks for the tip about the core, will try it tomorrow actually.

Current Challenge

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines