• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

AngelaTheGeek

Angela's super awesome challenge full of awesomeness.

Hey there fellow warriors!

I am back, and I have decided it's time for me to jump back into the pool with all the cool kids... I didn't complete the last challenge I participated in because, well, life. I no longer feel like life is a good enough reason not to complete a challenge and shoot for some awesome goals, so HERE I AM!!!! :applause::applause::applause:

My current stats:

STR 7 | DEX 5 | STA 2 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 2

My current lift PRs:

Snatch: 62kg/136.4lb (60kg/132lb in competition)

Clean and Jerk: 82kg/180.4lb (70kg/154lb in competition)

Back Squat: 125kg/275lb

Front Squat: 92kg/202.4lb

Goals for this challenge:

Lifting STR +8 (2 points per lift goal)

Snatch: 70kg/154lb (+8kg)

Clean and Jerk: 85kg/187lb (+3kg)

Back Squat: 136kg/300lb (+11kg)

Front Squat: 100kg/220lb (+8kg)

My next weightlifting meet is on November 4, in Redding CA. I would LOVE to see these numbers in competition, but will also settle with them during practice. My coach has told me to keep two separate sets of PRs because practice doesn't always translate to competition.

Eating STA +4 (because I know this will improve my energy level)

Eat gluten-free at least 3 days per week.

I've really fallen off the wagon with my primal eating... This is basically a restart on my eating. I'm first going to focus on removing gluten again, then slowly work my way back to eating primal at least 80% of the time.

Life WIS +3 (because I am all sorts of out-of-whack with my house in disarray)

Unpack enough boxes to get at least one car into the garage.

This is huge because we are planning on having our housewarming on November 10, so I want the house to be as ready as possible. If we can get at least one car in the garage (meaning boxes have been removed), then I will know we have made a dent in unpacking.

Overall, I'm just looking to get back on track with my eating and hitting some awesome lifts. I'm really looking forward to being involved in the challenge again.

For the rebellion! RAWR!

Edited by AngelaTheGeek

Why the remove gluten? :) Curious!

Good goals btw!

It makes my guts all icky... Long story short, I had a scope done last year and it showed some pre-celiac conditions. I don't necessarily think I actually have celiac disease, but I know my body hates me whenever I eat gluten, so it may just be an intolerance similar to lactose intolerance (which I also have).

And, thanks!

I was going to do the women's meet on 11/4, but I didn't realize I have an Olympic meet that day. Boooohooooo... But, THANKS! I can't wait to hit that number. It's been a goal for a little while now.

Snatch: 70kg/154lb (+8kg)

Clean and Jerk: 85kg/187lb (+3kg)

Back Squat: 137kg/302lb (+12kg)

Front Squat: 100kg/220lb (+8kg)

You're such a badass! Inspirational numbers! Best of luck!

Hi. My name is Seth and I'd like to be The Geek as well.

How come your DL numbers aren't up there. It doesn't have to be a part of the challenge, but it'll make all the others even more jelly of you. :D

Hi. My name is Seth and I'd like to be The Geek as well.

I bequeath you, Seth The Geek. Use your title well, sir! (did I say that right?)

How come your DL numbers aren't up there. It doesn't have to be a part of the challenge, but it'll make all the others even more jelly of you. :D

HA! I haven't been doing anything but snatches and clean and jerks... I should retest soon though. I haven't done any since I did a set of two at 295...

My current lift PRs:

Snatch: 62kg/136.4lb (60kg/132lb in competition)

Clean and Jerk: 82kg/180.4lb (70kg/154lb in competition)

Back Squat: 125kg/275lb

Front Squat: 92kg/202.4lb

You. Are. My. Hero.

Heroine. Whatever. My currently-scrawny self bows!

You. Are. My. Hero.

Heroine. Whatever. My currently-scrawny self bows!

Thank you!!!

-----------------------------------------

ASACFA Day 1:

Impromptu sprint this morning to catch the light rail... And, you know what? It didn't knock the wind out of me!!! This tells me that even though I'm not where I'd like to be, I'm still further into my fitness adventure than I thought.

Definitely didn't get enough protein today, and probably not even enough calories. :-/ I'm lifting tomorrow morning, so I may chow on some peanut butter tonight. I definitely need to pick up some protein powder as soon as I get paid.

Edited by AngelaTheGeek

Do you like cinnamon? As a delicious way to move away from the splenda, try sprinkling cinnamon in with your heavy whipping cream. So good.

I love cinnamon in my coffee... I never really thought of it as a way to replace the splenda. I will definitely try this!

Huzzah for sprints success! Woot!
Yay for surviving surprise sprints!

I know, right?!?! I was also pleasantly surprised at how fast I went. :)

awesome number on your lifts! Good luck on the garage, Getting something like that done is huge, mostly because it sucks!

It's ALL THE SUCK!!!!