• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

bigm141414

Bigm's "He is not human, he is a piece of iron" Challenge

Hi rebels! Challenge time again so it seems. Last go around life smacked me around a little bit. And by a bit I mean a lot. It had me on the ropes for a few rounds but like Rocky I just keep swinging. Even if it kills me I'll keep going. So on to the goals

Goal #1 Dead lift 405

Seriously rebels. I have been stuck at 395 for months! Months I say! If I can’t get my 8 plates I may just as well hand in my warrior club card and start doing bro curls in the squat rack. I have a plan to get there. I am still following 5/3/1 and next cycle I am scheduled to pull over 400. I want it bad. It is a completely mental issue at this point. And I hate that I have been stuck here forever.

Goal #2 Increase working sets for Olympic lifts

So my CF gym now offers oly lifting classes. They focus on just oly and the assistance exercises that go along with them. I have gone to two classes so far and I like the coach. He has a few different methods than what I am used to (jump and shrug which is standard for CF style oly lifting) but for the most part he is decent about critiquing form and other issues. Plus I get time to actually focus on those lifts in a safe environment.

Current work weights:

Snatch - 95lbs

Clean and Jerk - 155lbs

I’d like to get my C&J up to 185 and my snatch to 135. I have the strength, it’s just a techinque issue at this point.

Goal #3 Run!

Okay, so I have a couple of races coming up and I need to get back into running shape. I have the Warrior Dash in Nov. and the Go Ruck Challenge in Jan. of next year. So running. Yeah. Needs to be done. And rucking as well.

Goal - 1 longish run a week. And by long I mean over 1.5miles. Preferably closer to 2-2.5miles. I know it isn’t a lot, but I really hate running. Oh and I need to ruck as well. And by ruck I mean go run outside with a heavy backpack less than ideal conditions, cold, rain, ice, etc.

Goal #4 1 hour of studying a day.

No excuses. I’ve been slacking with school and midterms are right around the corner apparently. Time to buckle down and just do it. I am trying not to fall back into my old study habits (which were none in case you were wondering).

I am very envious of you for having a gym that offers a class on Olympic Lifts. That would be so awesome and Im sure I could find some but I dont wanna drive for 45-60 min just to make it to a gym.

Good luck with the goals, Im hoping in the next few months I can be in here with you guys!

Great deadlift goal. I too am looking to hit 405. I noticed from the virtual meet we're the same weight and our lifts are similar. Perhaps there is a PvP challenge brewing?

Edited by Khep

Hi rebels! Challenge time again so it seems. Last go around life smacked me around a little bit. And by a bit I mean a lot. It had me on the ropes for a few rounds but like Rocky I just keep swinging. Even if it kills me I'll keep going. So on to the goals

Goal #1 Dead lift 405

Seriously rebels. I have been stuck at 395 for months! Months I say! If I can’t get my 8 plates I may just as well hand in my warrior club card and start doing bro curls in the squat rack. I have a plan to get there. I am still following 5/3/1 and next cycle I am scheduled to pull over 400. I want it bad. It is a completely mental issue at this point. And I hate that I have been stuck here forever.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Goal #1 Dead lift 405

Don't worry CF will take care of this.

http://www.powerathletesmag.com/archives/Girevik/Five/interviewglassman.htm

We can take you from a 200 pound max deadlift to a 500-750 pound max deadlift in two years while only pulling max singles four or five times a year.

Inb4 huge crossfit flame war.
Just good-natured teasing here. I hope. Heck I did Crossfit and plan to go back to it.
^ This.

Hahah, you guys are great. I was worried for a split second that I'd have to lock my own thread :D

I am very envious of you for having a gym that offers a class on Olympic Lifts. That would be so awesome and Im sure I could find some but I dont wanna drive for 45-60 min just to make it to a gym.

Good luck with the goals, Im hoping in the next few months I can be in here with you guys!

Thanks Aqweei! Yeah it's the main reason I chose this CF gym because they had this program. Kind of hard to oly lift in a commercial gym safely.

drago-ifhedieshedies.jpg

I must break you :)

Stop makin the rest of us look bad! :D

Good luck with all your goals!

D'awww thanks catspaw!

Great deadlift goal. I too am looking to hit 405. I noticed from the virtual meet we're the same weight and our lifts are similar. Perhaps there is a PvP challenge brewing?

Oh man, I could use another PvP. I am already in one with CroeyD and WizardTrip to see who can be the first to 500 (note it's not gonna be me)

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I know, the stakes are high for this challenge. If I fail I'll have to become a ronin. Warrior without a home.

Don't let jdanger see this!

Hahah, I think jdanger has given up on me. LBBS for life!

You got this! Even more running warriors....I like it.

Indeed! I hate it so. IT's going to be sucky training for the ruck. You know because it'll be cold outside. I hates the cold.

Goal #1 Dead lift 405

Goal #2 Increase working sets for Olympic lifts

So my CF gym now offers oly lifting classes. They focus on just oly and the assistance exercises that go along with them. I have gone to two classes so far and I like the coach. He has a few different methods than what I am used to (jump and shrug which is standard for CF style oly lifting) but for the most part he is decent about critiquing form and other issues. Plus I get time to actually focus on those lifts in a safe environment.

Current work weights:

Snatch - 95lbs

Clean and Jerk - 155lbs

I’d like to get my C&J up to 185 and my snatch to 135. I have the strength, it’s just a techinque issue at this point.

And just remember if you DONT hit your goals for these, I'll be lifting more than you.

That should be motivation in itself :)

Indeed! I hate it so. IT's going to be sucky training for the ruck. You know because it'll be cold outside. I hates the cold.

Cold? It's just starting to get to where it's a reasonable temperature for running in the morning! I cut off a minute and a half from my 5K when it was in the 60s instead of 75 and humid.

Also jealous of your Oly lifting -- my gym has a platform but it has a 'don't drop shit' sign on it, which means no lifting anything where I may have to bail.

My gym has a platform but it has a 'don't drop shit' sign on it, which means no lifting anything where I may have to bail.

*robot voice* This does not compute!

A platform is specifically for big lifts and dropping bumpers. Go throw some weight around like John North!

*robot voice* This does not compute!

A platform is specifically for big lifts and dropping bumpers. Go throw some weight around like John North!

I know! I got all excited and saw the sign and was like "what is this, I don't even." I didn't see any bumper plates, though there were at least round plates instead of hexes over there.

side goal: OHS .... nightlight

Well if you say so :D

And just remember if you DONT hit your goals for these, I'll be lifting more than you.

That should be motivation in itself :)

Argh, shush you. I just read your updated goals. Must. Not. Lose. To Spezzy.....

Cold? It's just starting to get to where it's a reasonable temperature for running in the morning! I cut off a minute and a half from my 5K when it was in the 60s instead of 75 and humid.

Also jealous of your Oly lifting -- my gym has a platform but it has a 'don't drop shit' sign on it, which means no lifting anything where I may have to bail.

If the ground is not melting my feet, it's too cold to run :D Yeah I am a fan of the oly lifts now that I can do them. It's just so much fun to throw weight into the air. Snatch has moved into second place on my list of favorite lifts.

I'm not going to be happy with your 405. Pretty sure you failed 405 + a donut at the lift...

Mmmm donuts.. I mean yeah. Baby steps, seth, baby steps.

NOT THE BRO CURLS!!!!!!!!!!! You got this- rock it out!

Curl ALL the BROS!

Rocky IV for all the wins! You should watch the training montage right before attempting 405, that should be an easy lift at that point.

Good luck with the goals man! And study like the wind!