Bigm's "He is not human, he is a piece of iron" Challenge

bigm141414

Well if you say so :D

PVP BFF challenge?!?! :)

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Well if you say so :D

PVP BFF challenge?!?! :)

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Monday Stuff

Snatch Day at Oly class

6x3 Power snatch - 65, 75, 75, 75, 75, 75 (really hard not to full squat these, seriously everyone around me was like "This is waaay easier than squal snatches, I cant do those....")

5 sets Snatch Push press + OHs (1 PP, 3 OHS) - 75, 75, 75, 85, 85 (i tried 95 but my arms couldn't hold it up)

3x5 Snatch shrugs - 135, 155, 155

Stiff Leg DLs - 3x5@225

Studying for 1 hour? Check.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Late to this thread - fantastic goals, and I am sure a donut is acceptable as a quick reward after a 405 DL - perhaps you can line it up for motivation.

Do not worry if you have built your castles in the air.
They are where they should be.
Now put the foundations under them
. - Henry David Thoreau

Are you planning on doing a GoRuck?

I want to do a goruck! B

I am planning on a GoRuck :) I've signed up for one in Jan. Which means I have to do it, right? All the nerdy kids are ruckin these days.

Late to this thread - fantastic goals, and I am sure a donut is acceptable as a quick reward after a 405 DL - perhaps you can line it up for motivation.

Thanks Bean!

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

I'd pay money to watch that go down on youtube! :P

looks like BigM is pretending that i didn't post that... but i'd totally rock that PVP. ;)

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

looks like BigM is pretending that i didn't post that... but i'd totally rock that PVP.

Hmmm? You were saying something? I'm sorry I was busy doing these overhead squats, like a boss. :D

Look good. Congrats on keeping going with life...
Thanks wildross
Your goals always impress me!

You're going to do great!

Definitely need a videographer for the lifting goin down at Warrior Dash!

I may not comment much, but I'm keeping an eye on you mister!

Oh noes! I have a pixie watchin me! I better be on my best behavior.

Great goals! Sounds like you have a pretty solid plan there.

By the way (please don't kill me if I'm missing yet another pop-culture reference) "He is not human, he is a piece of iron" is rather amusing to me. Reminds me of something that I hear from time to time.

In the Army a workout that leaves you beat is refered to as "getting smoked" and it usually takes the form of you doing pushups until the unhappy SGT who dropped you feels tired, but it could be any exercise. :P When a buddy of mine had me working out with him and I would get smoked by his workouts, he asked me if I wanted to go easier and I told him "Nope, in a few weeks, I'ma be carved out of rock. And you can't smoke a rock!"

(Ignore the fact that at one point our SGT who supervised us at work threatened to drop my buddy once and he told him, "You can't smoke a rock, SGT." SGT went, really calmly, "Hm. Ever hear of erosion?")

Anyway, good luck with your goals! Knock em dead.

Artemis Wolf
Level 2 Uratha Ranger
STR: 3 | DEX: 2 | STA: 2 | CON: 3 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 2

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Character and Epic Quest

Battle Log

Tuesday:

Was supposed to be DL day, but I skipped it. I did play softball though, so active rest day? Yup.

Studying? Yup, spent 2 hours with my partner on our project.

Wednesday

Since I skipped DL day yesterday I made up for it in the morning. Stats below

Bench - 15@45, 8@95, 3@135, 3@155, 4@165

DL - 12@45, 8@135, 3@285, 3@330, 5@370

Bench is a little stiff. All the snatch and clean practice lately has taken a toll on my arms. DLs werer fantastic. 370 came up really easy. Huzzah!

Then in the evening was more Oly lifting stuff.

6x 2 position clean - 95,95,135,95,135,135

Push Press - 5x5@115 (accidental PR since I dont know how to read :P)

SDHP - 5x3@115. (I hate these, really I do)

Front squats - 5x3@135,155,185,185,185

10 back extenstions

10 GHD

Annnnnnnd done.

No studying since I was tired. But I made up for it yesterday rright? Right? No? Dang it. Fine. No studying.

Studying tally: 2/3

dude.

deadlift. and study.

deadlift. and study.

that's all you have to do.

oh, and overhead squat.

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Awesome dead lifts! Starting a 5+ week next wed for my deadlift. I'm both excited and terrified. Also, good luck on your Go Ruck! once a week rucking, and once a week fireman carries are being added to my regimen next challenge for that very purpose.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LVL 2 MartianWarrior

STR 9/DEX 2/ STAM 3.75/ CON 3/ WIS 6/ CHA 3

"Fads come and go, but the barbell remains the same. Respect it accordingly." - Jim Wendler

"When I want to be a super hero, I just wake up" - Childish Gambino

Man, if you're doing 5x370 being stuck at 395 1RM definitely seems mental!

No excuses, buddy. Move that darn weight. TinMandor the burninator demands it.

I have nothing else to add.

Ugh, I know. I hate my brain sometimes. I take that back I hate my brain most of the time. It just won't shut up and let me lift. Stupid brain Y U be so chatty.

Accidental PRs are awesome.

Hah, I know right! After the push press, we used them for sumo DL high pulls (which I am not a fan of) and one of the guys came over to use it. I said sure it's light only 95, and he's like "Uhhh, that's 115lbs, those are 35lbs plates not 25lbs" Doh!

dude.

deadlift. and study.

deadlift. and study.

that's all you have to do.

oh, and overhead squat.

You make it sound so simple. I wish it were :)

Awesome dead lifts! Starting a 5+ week next wed for my deadlift. I'm both excited and terrified. Also, good luck on your Go Ruck! once a week rucking, and once a week fireman carries are being added to my regimen next challenge for that very purpose.

5+ reps on deadlifts? You be crazy. I can't imagine heavy work sets with more than 5 reps. My body tremble at the thought.

gauntlet.jpg

Oh noes! I lost my glove! Noooooooooo!

Thrusday Rest Day:

Today is a rest day. And by rest I mean I loaded up my ruck with 4 bricks and went for a 32 minute walk. That's 19ish lbs of stuff just hangin out on my back. While I was walking it got me thinking: I'm going to need to name my ruck. Suggestions? He's gonna be a big part of my life for the next 108 days so I figure he needs a name.

Edit: Studying - 3/4 (spent time after class with the prof going over my project.)

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines