Bigm's "He is not human, he is a piece of iron" Challenge

bigm141414

It is meant to be just for deadlifts. The assistance work is what really makes the program. If you notice the main lift is only 2 reps. The rest is just accessory. To adapt it to another lift, you'd have to rework the assistance lifts.

Edit: As for my other lifts, I am going to try out jdangers APRE program he posted in the knowledge base. Why? Because it looks fun and I need to work on my front squats for the olympic lifts. And for bench and OHP it'll be standard 531. I know, I know, a lot of different programs running at the same time.

I'm curious as to how you'll set this up otherwise I smell burnout.

I'm curious as to how you'll set this up otherwise I smell burnout.

Yeah, the squat cycle might be difficult to setup properly. My goal with that is to keep it light and not chase PRs.

The bench and OHP can be done far enough away from my DL day that it shouldn't interfere with progress. So it'll probably be Tuesday for bench/ohp, then Saturday for DLs. Squats will take some timing because I want keep Friday as a rest day and if I do anything Sunday it'll have to be light.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Squat day is not rest day. That is sacrilege.

Shush you. Squats will have their day soon. But for now DLs reign supreme.

(Also note, with my current maxes on my other lifts, if I hit 500lbs I'll join the 1000lbs club. Yeah my other lifts are absurdly weak compared to my DL.)

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Maybe you can set up one of those fakeout honeymoon accounts people use now that pretend they're buying the couple (in this case, couple = you) stuff for their honeymoon. Only all you list is steaks.

In the end, those sites cut a check to the couple and they spend the money however they want.

So you COULD turn steak into money into gas. Everybody wins! Except the beef industry. Jokes.

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

2" washers for smaller weight increases

So I learned last night that I can no longer properly power snatch or power clean. My body has become so used to dropping into a squat that it does it automatically now. And if I try to think about it, well, my form goes all to shit.

Gah.

So I learned last night that I can no longer properly power snatch or power clean. My body has become so used to dropping into a squat that it does it automatically now. And if I try to think about it, well, my form goes all to shit.

Gah.

Do you need to be able to power cleans/snatches? I do hang power cleans to re-rack my bar after failing to get it back up so I don't have to take off all of the weight, but there's no reason I couldn't just clean it instead -- the weight would be light enough to not wear me out more than the power clean does.

Gah.

I don't even try power versions right now - I've got enough problems getting the full ones right.

Do you need to be able to power cleans/snatches? I do hang power cleans to re-rack my bar after failing to get it back up so I don't have to take off all of the weight, but there's no reason I couldn't just clean it instead -- the weight would be light enough to not wear me out more than the power clean does.

Yeah, my coach had them programmed in last night. Goal was to work on getting good speed up off the ground.

I don't even try power versions right now - I've got enough problems getting the full ones right.

Heh, mine aren't bad. A few issues with my foot placement and apparently I still pull too much on my cleans but otherwise I'm in good shape :) Although I don't believe that I am pulling the bar higher on cleans but rather using the bar to pull me down after I get it up.

Also, MOAR VIDEOS!!!!

Snatch 95lbs. Not bad arms still go back a little too far. And I need to work on my foot placement and pull my shoulders back a bit more.

Clean and Jerk at 205lbs. Ugh, jerks are not my friend. Almost lost it on the jerk. Need to get better at that portion of heavy lifts. It's all technique as I still have confidence issues going into the split. I tried to get more hip drive on this one than normal to compensate, but it didn't work out as well.

I'm going to go ahead and say it: Snatches scare the sh*t outta me.

Me everytime: D:

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

awesome job. seems you'da had the jerk if you split a little lower.

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Heh, they are so fun though! They are my second favorite lift right now. You should try them.

awesome job. seems you'da had the jerk if you split a little lower.

Yup. And that's my problem. Gotta get comfortable with the idea of getting lower. It's difficult to get my long limbs to do what they are told.

They make me nervous too...

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

There is nothing to fear but fear itself....That and dropping the bar on your head.

Or your elbow snapping backwards :-| Definitely just watched that in the olympics video from my 'learn to clean' thread. AH!

But yeah, I'll definitely try them at some point.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Spinning around with his arms out clears a 12ft radius.

Lol, we were talking about this last night about the picture of him "hanging out" at Seth's in the doorway.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

HOW DO YOU GET SO MUCH ROOM TO YOURSELF AT THE GYM
Spinning around with his arms out clears a 12ft radius.

This is how I show up to the the gym. No one gets in my way:

That and my CF gym is like 12,000sqft.

Lol, we were talking about this last night about the picture of him "hanging out" at Seth's in the doorway.

Heh, hanging out, heh.

Also some numbers from the clean video (because I ran it through Kinovea to see distances etc)

1) The bar travels up 4 feet 5inches at it's peak, give or take.

2) The bar travels down 30 inches till I hit the bottom of my squat.

3) Max bar speed 2.15m/s right where I start to descend into my squat.

Kind of ridiculous for me to pull 205lbs up 4.4ft into the air right?

Also some numbers from the clean video (because I ran it through Kinovea to see distances etc)

1) The bar travels up 4 feet 5inches at it's peak, give or take.

2) The bar travels down 30 inches till I hit the bottom of my squat.

3) Max bar speed 2.15m/s right where I start to descend into my squat.

Kind of ridiculous for me to pull 205lbs up 4.4ft into the air right?

Hmm, I haven't taken Kinovea to any of my lifts in a while...may have to do that tonight.

So I went running tonight at CF. They actually made it fun. Why? See below

For time:

1 mile run (8:40ish I think)

8 push press - 75lbs

800 m run

8 push press - 75lbs

400m run

8 push press

Total: 17:46

See what they did there? They added weights. It warms my Warrior heart. Also, not a bad total time for a guy who hasn't run much in the last few months.

I think I am ready for the Warrior Dash this weekend. What do y'all think :D

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines