Laura's "Y U waste so much?" Challenge

Hermione Gainser

You had me at Excel sheets.

No, really. I got distracted and looked at my own nerdy Excel sheets, and then had to come back to finish reading your goals. Love your goals, as always. I'm still so excited for you about getting to squat again. When do you go back next to the doctor?

Robinson Crusoe, Swiss Family Robinson, Treasure Island.

Something a little stranger (had to read in college for a class), good book though: I never promised you a rose garden. It's the story of a girl dealing with mental health issues, ends up in a psych ward and how her therapist/doctor/friend helps her get through and recover. Sounds really boring, even just typing it out, but it's a great picture of how folks with mental health issues are treated and the inner demons the girl deals with.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Titanium Bulwark

Level 4 Goliath Warrior

STR: 14.5 DEX: 7 STA: 12.5 CON: 8 WIS: 9.5 CHA: 5

Out of 100 men in battle, 10 shouldn't even be there, 80 are just targets, 9 are real fighters,

Ah, but the one,

One of them is the WARRIOR, And he will bring the others back.

- Hericletus 500 BC

Isaiah 40:31 "..but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

First of all, Squat myself silly is an awesome saying. Consider it stolen.

2nd of all, you're getting your A&P? that's kick arse (as long as you're referring to Airframe and powerplant) and if not, that's awesome too! I want mine really bad. I already work on Aircraft might as well get the cert.

third of all,

Yep.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LVL 2 MartianWarrior

STR 9/DEX 2/ STAM 3.75/ CON 3/ WIS 6/ CHA 3

"Fads come and go, but the barbell remains the same. Respect it accordingly." - Jim Wendler

"When I want to be a super hero, I just wake up" - Childish Gambino

And she is back folks.....

Granholm-gif.gif

You had me at Excel sheets.
No, really. I got distracted and looked at my own nerdy Excel sheets, and then had to come back to finish reading your goals. Love your goals, as always. I'm still so excited for you about getting to squat again. When do you go back next to the doctor?

HAHAHAHAHA :nerdy high-five: True story, during my studying I made some tables and such in my notes... tickled me so thoroughly. Tables!!!!!

6 weeks from the last appointment, so end of Oct I think? He said we could space them out more... so yay!!

Robinson Crusoe, Swiss Family Robinson, Treasure Island.

Something a little stranger (had to read in college for a class), good book though: I never promised you a rose garden. It's the story of a girl dealing with mental health issues, ends up in a psych ward and how her therapist/doctor/friend helps her get through and recover. Sounds really boring, even just typing it out, but it's a great picture of how folks with mental health issues are treated and the inner demons the girl deals with.

Thanks for the recs! That actually sounds really interesting! Definitely my kinda thing. Thanks :)

First of all, Squat myself silly is an awesome saying. Consider it stolen.

2nd of all, you're getting your A&P? that's kick arse (as long as you're referring to Airframe and powerplant) and if not, that's awesome too! I want mine really bad. I already work on Aircraft might as well get the cert.

third of all,

Yep.

Ha! Glad to be of service!

hahahahahaha actually, that might be cooler than studying anatomy and physiology only because aircraft is awesome. But hey, I was tickled reading about the digestive tract sooo that tells you how easily entertained I can be...

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

i am so excited for the first one.

i spend so much on food its not even funny.

Me too! On both counts! I'm really excited to see how awesome this can be. I've got tons of nerdy data collections ideas going on... oh it's good..

Today!

Okay, so still working on my last goal (but I think I've decided), and I have some specific stuff to add. And I'll do my points soon! Tonight, even ;)

As far as the reading goes: I'm going to go for a minimum of 2 chapters per week for Crime and Punishment. It's amazing how slowly I'm reading this. I'm usually a pretty speedy reader. Anyhow, that, coupled with the book club reading should take up a decent portion of my time :) :excited:

Yesterday, I studied for an hour when I got home from work, then went for a walk--3.67 miles.

Today, I'm at Starbucks right now (enjoying something pumpkin...hehe..but hey, I have a gift card!). My goal is to study but I haven't been on NF since yesterday afternoon. Hellllo addiction :P Anyhow, about to study here. For serious.

Got a workout in bright and early. It was definitely a "I feel like I could wrestle Chuck Norris and win" kinda work out.

I was all:

pocket-full-of-sunshine-o.gif

9/25

Mobility: like a boss. Rolled e'ry dang thang. did some psoas/hip work. Mobilized last night and I could tell difference this morning. SMOOTH.

Squat: 50 3x8

Way more solid on sets 1 & 2. Super exciting! It was, however, a rough set 3. Hip flexibility has been all wonky and it was like at set 3 it was so much better but I had reevaluate my food positioning and blah blah.

Pendlay Rows: 95x5; 105x5; 100x5

Goldilocks'd this since it's been a while. 100 seems good. Also, a bro complimented my row. d'aww thanks, Bruh.

Step Ups: 15# dbs 3x10

Went nice and slow, nice and low. Focused super hard on using the quads for movement. solid.

Chins: 2/2/1 and one at the end of each set where I got 90 degrees and slowly lowered

GHR: 10/10/8

Messed around with different assist tools

Some elliptical fueled by Tupac--the only way to do that junk

I woke up ridiculously early this morning so I decided to get some reading in. 1 chapter down. boom.

Onward!

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost

i need to start that dang A&P class.

maybe tonight? perhaps?

also, i love your notebook idea!

oh and yummy foods too.

and awesome gif.

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

As far as the reading goes: I'm going to go for a minimum of 2 chapters per week for Crime and Punishment. It's amazing how slowly I'm reading this. I'm usually a pretty speedy reader. Anyhow, that, coupled with the book club reading should take up a decent portion of my time :) :excited:

I've got a book called Devils by Doestoyevsky, it is ridiculous how slow that is to read. I usually end up doing this before I finish the chapter.

Definitely a good workout, glad you are back in the game!

Oh and I attempted your brownie recipe. They probably would have been awesome if somebody (read me) hadn't forgot to put the egg in there. So there was no binder and they turned out like a greasy crumbly chocolate pudding, which is just as good as it sounds...

Now continue with your pumpkin beverage.

The path to Swolehalla is paved with a lot of Swolehate, and you won't get there without being Swole of Spirit too.

Race: Fiendish Blue Extension Cord

Class: Warrior
Links:  MFP  Battle Log  Current Challenge

Awesome workout! But...

Squat: 50 3x8

Way more solid on sets 1 & 2. Super exciting! It was, however, a rough set 3. Hip flexibility has been all wonky and it was like at set 3 it was so much better but I had reevaluate my food positioning and blah blah.

I don't want to alarm you, but I think you're doing it wrong. ;)

i need to start that dang A&P class.

maybe tonight? perhaps?

also, i love your notebook idea!

oh and yummy foods too.

and awesome gif.

Yes, you do! It's actually really fun.

Thanks! The one with the space robots came with cut outs. Did I mention that? I mean, come on. I have free standing space robot kitteh. !!!!

Dance after all the workouts!

Yes!

I've got a book called Devils by Doestoyevsky, it is ridiculous how slow that is to read. I usually end up doing this before I finish the chapter.

Definitely a good workout, glad you are back in the game!

Oh and I attempted your brownie recipe. They probably would have been awesome if somebody (read me) hadn't forgot to put the egg in there. So there was no binder and they turned out like a greasy crumbly chocolate pudding, which is just as good as it sounds...

Now continue with your pumpkin beverage.

HAHAHAHA Oh my god, yes! Seriously, one chapter was the entire conversation with a dude in a bar. zzzzzzzzz

Oh no! Yeah, egg is important. But try again! and/or try other tasty treats (wait, I think that makes me a bad influence?)

speaking of pumpkin beverage: it definitely almost came out my nose here and

Here:

Awesome workout! But...

I don't want to alarm you, but I think you're doing it wrong. ;)

Seriously, I think I snorted in Starbucks :P

WOOHOO for squats!!!

Wooo! hooo!

SQUATS!!!

rocket-launch-o.gif

Did I just revolutionize squat training? I think I did.

Looks like I'm not the only one who got a strong start to the challenge!

[hilarious_gif] [/hilarious_gif]

Hahahaha well played, sir. Well. Played.

Got my hour of studying in. Give or take. Score!

Welcome back to squatting! \o/ And it looks like you have a good mix in there - high rep plus weight. It's going to take a while to get back to where you were, but it's on now.

Also, great news on the rolling. That's fantastic! Smooth is the way you should feel all the time.

Yes! Now it's just time to figure out what a good rep scheme for the squats will be to work this rehab business and how high I should get those reps before starting to add weight. Definitely taking it super slow, though (and I kinda love it).

Right! It used to be that I'd roll out my back and everything would snap, crackle and pop. Now, hardly anything does. I look forward to the day rolling out my ankles and hips no longer yields my 'whydoihatemyself' face.

Yes! Now it's just time to figure out what a good rep scheme for the squats will be to work this rehab business and how high I should get those reps before starting to add weight. Definitely taking it super slow, though (and I kinda love it).

Right! It used to be that I'd roll out my back and everything would snap, crackle and pop. Now, hardly anything does. I look forward to the day rolling out my ankles and hips no longer yields my 'whydoihatemyself' face.

My husband bought a foam roller at the recommendation of his physical therapist for IT band issues, and I use it way more than he does. He doesn't get it why I enjoy rolling around on the floor groaning while he's watching baseball... I think perhaps I'm annoying him, but I can't stop!

Wait, that goes away?

I'm not sure... but I have hope! If it went away for my back and shoulders then maybe? (or, that's what I tell myself) :P

My husband bought a foam roller at the recommendation of his physical therapist for IT band issues, and I use it way more than he does. He doesn't get it why I enjoy rolling around on the floor groaning while he's watching baseball... I think perhaps I'm annoying him, but I can't stop!

hahaha thankfully, Boyfriend is a fit nerd, too. Chances are, if you looked in our apartment at any given time, one of us is rolling around on something making ridiculous faces and/or engaging in funny looking stretches while fighting off the kitties (they love the show their appreciation of our stretching by plopping down RIGHT next to us).

hahaha thankfully, Boyfriend is a fit nerd, too. Chances are, if you looked in our apartment at any given time, one of us is rolling around on something making ridiculous faces and/or engaging in funny looking stretches while fighting off the kitties (they love the show their appreciation of our stretching by plopping down RIGHT next to us).

Helpful kitties are helpful!

Helpful kitties are helpful!

My favorite is when they plop down mid yoga mat when I'm in downward dog (which I almost use as a transition into chaturanga). Move kitteh, move!

Here is a blurry one of kitteh overtaking my yoga mat.. I don't know how he did that.

5207_635765099707_1865521_n.jpg

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines