• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

milythael

Goals Aren't Why, They Are How

Revel: I went to the gymnastics class today. Two people, me, and a guy who has obviously been doing gymnastics all his life. He worked on tumbling runs on the trampoline the whole time. I passed a test in forward and back rolls, and basic handstands. I climbed a rope, did 6 or 7 pull overs (out of 12-15 attempts), and did a few bounces down the trampoline. I also found out about an obstacle course someone runs in the gym on Saturday mornings at 4 am. I'm totally going to do that when I'm not in the middle of endless burpees. All told, very worth the $8, even if I was too tired to do much tonight.

Revel: I went to the gymnastics class today. Two people, me, and a guy who has obviously been doing gymnastics all his life. He worked on tumbling runs on the trampoline the whole time. I passed a test in forward and back rolls, and basic handstands. I climbed a rope, did 6 or 7 pull overs (out of 12-15 attempts), and did a few bounces down the trampoline. I also found out about an obstacle course someone runs in the gym on Saturday mornings at 4 am. I'm totally going to do that when I'm not in the middle of endless burpees. All told, very worth the $8, even if I was too tired to do much tonight.

Sounds like $8 well spent

The gymnastics class sounds like fun. I'm always a little envious of the tumbletrak games my kid plays in her gymnastics class. We have an adult class here, but I've always been too tentative to go, figuring it would all be folks who had been doing it all their lives.

4am is crazy early for me, major props just for going!

Also, burpees are the root of all evil. My arms and shoulders ache constantly... but now I have to go do 10 more, just for you!

4 am??? I used to go sleep at that time till someone convinced me i should get a nice night of sleep! Kudos for you!!

And nice work on the burpees!!! and just like flourless, i'll get 10 just for you too!

Sounds like $8 well spent

Very well spent. I plan to go to this every week. I love all the things that you can do in a gymnastics gym. It may have taken me 40 years to come to this point, but I will not shy away from things I know I would love anymore.

Woooo! Nice going on the gymnastic class :D

If only I could join you!

Kibcy, you are awesome. You will find something to be joyful in your fitness.

You're killing it on the burpee challange! Very very very nice work dude!

Thanks man. I'm trying really hard to hit 1k. I'm way out of my comfort zone.

The gymnastics class sounds like fun. I'm always a little envious of the tumbletrak games my kid plays in her gymnastics class. We have an adult class here, but I've always been too tentative to go, figuring it would all be folks who had been doing it all their lives.

4am is crazy early for me, major props just for going!

Also, burpees are the root of all evil. My arms and shoulders ache constantly... but now I have to go do 10 more, just for you!

I tend to go to bed at 8 pm. Most days, I'm up by 4 am. If you have a class available, just go. Never wait another day to find out if something is a joy to you. You never know when that day will be the difference between doing it and never getting another chance.

4 am??? I used to go sleep at that time till someone convinced me i should get a nice night of sleep! Kudos for you!!

And nice work on the burpees!!! and just like flourless, i'll get 10 just for you too!

I'm up at 4 am specifically because I decided sleep was important enough to change my schedule.

Also, flourless and shoobie, you guys are destroying me. I tried to find pictures of the fitness steamrollers that blasted by me but failed. Are you guys superheroes or what?

After my first day of 250 burpees, I went to gymnastics. After climbing the rope, my wrist started hurting. I assume I injured it because I was already fatigued. 250 burpees is way, way outside of my normal volume of exercise for a day. Now, whenever my ulna moves in relation to the hand, it aches horribly. I've been trying to baby it all day during burpees. I'm still going chest to the ground with every rep, but most are not clean push ups. Fortunately, it has loosened up a little over the day. First thing in the morning, I couldn't bend it past 45 degrees without pain. Even hitting the enter or the backspace key were painful.

This burpee challenge is crazy, but I am determined. If my spirit can last two more days, I'll make 1,000 burpees.

Hah. I'm no superhero. I'm a 35 year old mom with another 32lb to lose before I'm of "healthy" weight. And I can't do many at once, most of my sets are sets of 10. I just do a lot of them.

This challenge totally isn't worth getting hurt over. If you can't do the pushup, don't do the pushup. Make it a squat thrust with a jumping jack, that's perfectly legal.

Just keep rolling 'em out as you can!

"It may have taken me 40 years to come to this point, but I will not shy away from things I know I would love anymore."

I may have to steal this from you as my inspiritional point. Guess that's why were both facing our fears this challenge, huh? Tired of letting fear stop us from doing stuff we would find joy in.

Naw! I am just an obese 31 year old that is unemployed at the moment... so a lot of free time in my hands... and i did it like flourless.... several sets of 10... and i am doing just the planks... i can't do push ups -yet-.

• Revel
    Made it to gymnastics despite burpee exhaustion. Full point.
  • Conquer
    Learned the pull over and even did something like 7 in the week. Full point.
  • Care
    I failed pretty badly to care for my body this week. I haven't been eating enough, especially vegetables. My sleep has been haphazard. I haven't meditated. I overdid burpees during the first day of the mini-challenge leading to injuring myself, then overdid the second day with an injury making it even worse.
  • Career
    No applications. 1/20 hours spent on the second job. Complete failure.

Great job on learning the pulls and conquering fears as a result. This week you'll get the veggie thing down-maybe make a nice big salad you can munch on all week

Take good care of your injury... we dont want you injured! I'm glad you made it to gymnastics... I was useless yesterday.... I dunno if was a combination of all the burpees plus the wedding food I ate on saturday... but man... my body was complaining!

Keep it up... improve a little bit each day!!! :D

Week 2 recap: full of fail. I failed every one of my goals last week. In fact, except for one attempted pull up on Friday, I didn't work out at all. My diet is gut shot with a blunderbuss. I did nothing I feared. I did nothing I enjoyed.

What I did right:

I talked to friends, a lot. I helped a friend with his soon to be released blog. I mostly cleaned my apartment. I bought Floor 1 from Gold Medal Bodies. I did laundry. I cleaned up the really nasty spot on the floor in the kitchen where a trash bag leaked. I decided to do another Whole 30 starting on the 25th with a friend. I planned to re-arrange my schedule so I will work on the second job first thing in the mornings. This puts what is most important to me where I also have the most willpower.

It wasn't much, but I'm not completely in the hole yet.

Injury. Burn out. Depression. Exhaustion. I fell off the wagon and the wagon broke an axle running me over.

New challenge goal. Yes, that is singular. I only have one goal for this challenge now.

1) Care for my mind.

Rest is important.

Meditation is important.

Affirmations are important.

The rest of this challenge is dedicated to recharging my flagging energy and desire. I will participate in mini-challenges as they appeal to me, how, and as I choose.

I will be starting another Whole30 on the 25th. In the meantime, I have full permission to eat whatever I want in an effort to explore if there really is anything out there that I actually think is worth adding back in afterwards.

I want and need to enjoy and savor life. I will do whatever I can think of to have more energy and drive for my goals next time around.

If you find some ingredients you like, tell me. I'll do my best to find some recipe for you that I will add in your cookbook. And you haven't fall from the wagon, you are just following the track on you feet a little. Remember I'll always cheer on you 'kay!

*hugs*

*peeks in*

How are you doing there?

Have you tried meditation? Journaling?

Do what you need to do... listen to your body... injuries happen, depression happens, exhaustion happens.... those do not mean you fell off the wagon... recognizing these is a huge thing on its own. If you ask me, you wagon is moving... and you are right on it!

It turns out pull overs and pull ups use the same muscles. It is hard to do pull ups when you can't hold yourself to the bar anymore. I'm told the key to these is to smell the bar. Throwing your head back and down makes it nearly impossible.

I never knew the context of this video outside of it being the first time you did them. I love it more now <3