Reemergence

guest439437484421

It's been a couple of months since I last participated in a challenge. With a new mindset and new goals, I think I'm ready to start participating again.

Diet and Fitness goals:

Try intermittent fasting. Skip breakfast once a week (Monday). If I’m feeling spunky I’ll move up to skipping breakfast and lunch on Monday. I’ve been thinking about trying this for a while, but haven’t. I don’t have a reason not to so….

Stats: +4 con, +1 wis

Continue Stronglifts 5x5. It’s been 6 weeks since I started. I’ve got the groove set, now to carry the momentum through. No excuses, no skipping workouts. That’s right, hardcore mode. I’d grading this pass/fail. A pass is going to every workout, a fail is not (save things like emergencies or injuries).

Stats: +3 str, +1 sta, +1 con

Life goal:

Finish my short story “Life of a Teddy Bear” and mark an item off of my life goals.

Stats: +5 wis

Lvl 5 Penguin Warrior:  10 Str, 3.5 Dex, 6.5 STA, 23.5 CON, 12.25 WIS, 5.75 CHA

Intro | Current Challenge Thread | Character sheet
My Personal Blog | My Food Blog

There are no failures, only learning pains

Current 5x5 stats:

squat: 105

bench: 75

op: 70

row: 95

dl: 145

current weight: 430ish, been bounching between 428 and 431 the last 6 weeks.

where i should roughly be aroudn the end of the 6 week challenge (assuming no stalls, etc.):

squat: 200

bench: 120

op: 120

row: 140

dl: 245

Halfway point on Stronglifts, how are you liking it?

Good luck with the goals!

A lot! It's the workout that i've managed to stick with the most so far in my endeaveurs. Thank you!

I checked your form videos. I think that your squat form is very nice and reminds me of the diagrams in Starting Strength. I don't think I maintain 100% perfect form when lifting very heavy weights but then, while form is very important, it isn't everything. :)

Thank you :-D

Thinkign about adding an AMRAP set after my 5x5 sets, for 2 reasons. 1. to see how many reps i can bust out at my current working weight. 2. to add some bigger numbers on the round 1 challenge.

The main issue with doing this though is that I've got a date Saturday (the same day i'd do this) and this will probably wear me out for the date.

I cooked dinner at home. Bruschetta, butterfly pork chops stuffed with feta and shallots and organic ice cream. Went a little non-primal for this meal but then dates are worth it. Of course, there was a good bottle of Blackberry Blast wine which I picked up last week at the local apple festival. :)

We also watched Clueless and I sand/played the piano. :)

Ancalagon The Black. Half Dragon Spellsword

I cooked dinner at home. Bruschetta, butterfly pork chops stuffed with feta and shallots and organic ice cream. Went a little non-primal for this meal but then dates are worth it. Of course, there was a good bottle of Blackberry Blast wine which I picked up last week at the local apple festival. :)

We also watched Clueless and I sand/played the piano. :)

nice! sounds like a pretty impressive date.

Looks good. You might want to update your signature with stuff from your character sheet though along with the guild logo etc. :)

I was thinking about it, haven't gotten around to it yet though.

So, i opened up the short story, skimmed through ti and fixed some issues, and added a line or two. went from 3,015 words to 3,122 words. I really need to focus on this...

Finish that story ! I want to read it ! :)

welp, here's a teaser:

Reflection

I remember. I remember when you were so sick that your parents took you to the hospital. You were so scared that you refused to let go of me. It wasn’t until the drugs kicked in and you went to sleep that we were separated that day, and your parents made sure I was there when you woke up, to comfort you and to tell you everything was going to be ok.

I remember the first time he came over. You two were so young and so in love. How were we supposed to know it’d all end so painfully? I wish I could have protected you, but I couldn’t.

I remember the light, something I hadn’t seen for a long time. It was a rebirth, a second chance to get things right, even if I didn’t realize it then.

I remember….

Beginning

I awoke, albeit not to any grand splendor of light, or even a boring sight like that of an office. No, I woke up inside a cardboard box, along with numerous other bears. I didn’t know what was going on, and it was rather cramped with the rest of the bears. After a while I felt some movement, and then we were still again. I heard some bumping from outside, but I couldn’t distinguish what anything was. After a bit I felt some… I guess acceleration. That lasted for a good while, at one point it kept coming and going, it was weird. Finally I guess we stopped, only for more banging. And then we were… moving… again. This repeated for quite a while until one point where, after the banging, I felt some movement like before, and then we were still once again.

Over a period of some untold time I could occasionally hear noise, but again I could never make out what anything was. Then, one day, I heard some loud noise that was really close, and I felt us move some. Then, all of a sudden, there was a bright light. The darkness was gone! Above me stood an older gentleman, hunched over from age and balding from uncontained wisdom. He reached in and grabbed a few of us and left. When he came back he closed the lid to the box, and darkness returned. Saddened at this turn of events, I waited, yearning to see the light and the old man again.

Over time the gentleman would return and take a few of us, but I was never selected. Everyone else was, but I remained. Was there something wrong with me? Was I bad and being punished? Why couldn’t I be in the light with the others? I didn’t understand what was going on.

Time passed, but I can’t be sure how long I remained in that box. I stopped hearing noises from outside shortly after the last of the others were taken. What was going on?

Eventually I heard noises again. It sounded like… people talking? After a while I felt the box move, and then the light came back. I was so blinded by the light that I didn’t immediately realize that it wasn’t the old man that had opened the box, but rather a younger looking woman with red hair and glasses. She frowned, then reached in and grabbed me. I wasn’t prepared for what I saw around me. We were in a toy shop, with toys from just about every generation. I could see G.I. Joes, Aquamans, even an Archie toy. I also saw some of my friends from the box. The woman walked me over to them and sat me down next to them. In front of us was a sheet of glass, through which I could see people walking by. I could see a paved street, and on the opposite side I saw what looked like a coffee shop and a green house.

I took in the amazement of all of the new things I was experiencing; sounds of cars driving by, the ring of the bell when someone came or went, the laughter of children as they walked by. I was awe struck by the beauty of this world, of the diversity of everything and everyone I saw. I was happy, for a while. But then I got to feeling like there was something I was supposed to do.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines