Reemergence

guest439437484421

Moving to Columbia, that would be a real nice experience!

Full on tai chi. The school I used to go to showed as the self defense application as well as the movement within the form. It was Yang style long form. The next step would have been to start with push hands or sword. I have to confess I wasn't really into the contact part of it at the time. Being small it was pretty overwhelming practicing with just about anyone else in the class. When I start up again I will be focusing on learning the form again. Then will need to find an appropriate school, there are a few around here but not many offer the real deal... I am not in it for the pretty dance side of things (although that is fun too).

Could what you have done have been more Qigong than Tai Chi? When I first started (in another school) we did a lot of Qigong exercises in preparation for tai chi, then eventually progressed through the Beijing 12 and 24 forms, then came Sword 32 form and so on, eventually Wu Shu was the highest that school got to, I attended a competition once and it was pretty amazing. There really is a huge difference between schools... some are really not very good others are great. Either way tai chi is often underestimated and thought of as something for the elderly. ;)

I havent written since 2004. Its great that you asked about my writing, I thought I had lost it all in one of the computer crashes we had. Turns out some of it is still there (in the backup of a backup of a backup), its not much though - a few stories are lost and a novel too. What I have written needs some pretty serious re-drafting and editing. The novel as far as I can tell from reading the first pages is complete rubbish (the concept is still good and if I ever get the skills needed to do it justice I may have another go). I am not comfortable with sharing the novel... but I just posted in my blog one very short story, its kind of childish but I like it, its part of a series of 4 (sadly the 4th is not finished and I have no idea where I was going with it). The one I posted is written from a different point of view from the other 3, but all of them take place in the same location and share some of the same characters. Sending you a link to it in a PM. :)

I might add that I meant Columbia, MO. It’s about 30 minutes away from where I currently live but my girlfriend lives there. If I moved it’d be for her.

I believe the version we were doing was Tai Chi Chih.

Ok, cool, I’ll look at them when I can. I’ve got some of my flash fiction writings on my blog: www.someonelikeme42.wordpress.com, if you’re interested in checking them out.

Lvl 5 Penguin Warrior:  10 Str, 3.5 Dex, 6.5 STA, 23.5 CON, 12.25 WIS, 5.75 CHA

Intro | Current Challenge Thread | Character sheet
My Personal Blog | My Food Blog

There are no failures, only learning pains

I might add that I meant Columbia, MO. It’s about 30 minutes away from where I currently live but my girlfriend lives there. If I moved it’d be for her.

I believe the version we were doing was Tai Chi Chih.

Ok, cool, I’ll look at them when I can. I’ve got some of my flash fiction writings on my blog: www.someonelikeme42.wordpress.com, if you’re interested in checking them out.

Well then, I change my words slightly... If you move to Columbia to be with your girlfriend that will be a great experience! Hopefully a life long one!

I'd never come across Tai Chi Chih. Interesting!

I'll go over and check out your blog. And subscribe. :)

Lusitanian Druid, Level 9
STR: 13 | DEX: 15 | STA: 17 | CON: 22 | WIS: 25 | CHA: 25

“We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.†- Aristotle

Current Challenge: Living the Good Life II Past: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th,  8th9th, 10th11th, 12th

Goal: 1001 Steps on the Road to a Home -> 18/348 in 2015 

5.27%
5.27%

Goal: loose 9KG in 2015 -> 1.5KG lost 

16.67%
16.67%
Well then, I change my words slightly... If you move to Columbia to be with your girlfriend that will be a great experience! Hopefully a life long one!

I'd never come across Tai Chi Chih. Interesting!

I'll go over and check out your blog. And subscribe. :)

:-D

ok, so this week it's make it or break it on my short story. I've got it uploaded on google docs so i can work on it at home. COME ON DAVID YOU CAN DO DIS!!!

Challenge Wrapup:

Try intermittent fasting- The idea behind this was to try something different, to break out of my current habits. While I didn’t do this every week, I did find that I’m not always hungry in the morning, so I’ve started listening to myself to know when I’m actually hungry rather than always just eating. I am giving myself a B. My awarded attribute points are: +3 con and +.75 wis

Continue stronglifts- Save for skipping one to go on an awesome trip with my girlfriend and missing one from being sick, I stuck to the plan. I didn’t make up any excuses not to go, which ultimately was what I was trying to avoid. I’m giving myself an A. My awarded attribute points are: +3 str, +1 sta, and +1 con.

Finish my short story- I got a little worked on this, but not a lot. I just couldn’t get myself to work on it. I’m giving myself an F, with no awarded attribute points.

Great job!!!! I also read about your new lifting PR on your blog! Awesome!

Learning to listen to what your body is telling you is so important. Well done on recognizing when you are hungry!

Hope you are using the week off to work on that story... ;)

“We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.†- Aristotle

Current Challenge: Living the Good Life II Past: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th,  8th9th, 10th11th, 12th

5.27%
5.27%

16.67%
16.67%
Great job!!!! I also read about your new lifting PR on your blog! Awesome!

Learning to listen to what your body is telling you is so important. Well done on recognizing when you are hungry!

Hope you are using the week off to work on that story... ;)

thank you! sadly, no. i think i'm going to table it for a while and come back to it in a while with a fresh start.

thank you! sadly, no. i think i'm going to table it for a while and come back to it in a while with a fresh start.

Sometimes thats the only thing to do! :)

5.27%
5.27%

16.67%
16.67%

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines