• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

PrincessHeather

PrincessHeather Just Keeps Swimming

Oh don't even get me started.... before you know it I'll be spouting off things like the elevation of Disneyland is 138 above sea level and that there is a Space Mountain in all 5 parks around the world and start reciting the ride spiel from Haunted Mansion....

I have a deep affection for Disney so I support this.

Great goals! Stress and bench are particularly awesome. Why? because bench is one of my favorite. I always feel like a bad ass, even when I fail a rep. And The Stress, oh yeah, know that one. I find singing ridiculously loud on my way home helps some. Currently favoring: This, this, and this.

In that order b/c FU, and YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY.

So now that you all know what I do on my way home from work.. :)

I have a deep affection for Disney so I support this.

Great goals! Stress and bench are particularly awesome. Why? because bench is one of my favorite. I always feel like a bad ass, even when I fail a rep. And The Stress, oh yeah, know that one. I find singing ridiculously loud on my way home helps some. Currently favoring: This, this, and this.

In that order b/c FU, and YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY.

So now that you all know what I do on my way home from work.. :)

So, Bad Reputation makes me thing of 10 Things I Hate About You, so that could help me destress in a multitude of ways! Heath Ledger.....*drools* then *cries*

I haven't yet worked on bench this week, so I gotta get on that! I'm going to a formal dinner with my husband tonight, one of his little airmen is graduating from a training thing so he has to attend and be a supportive supervisor haha. But I'll be taking my gym bag so I can go straight to the base gym after! Bench will be owned!

As for working on stress, I spent yesterday working on my passport application, which was therapeutic BECAUSE I was selected as an alternate to deploy to the middle east! I work for the company that's present at every Army and Air Force base aroudn the world offering goods and service "from home" and they have a presence even at the bases and camps where people are deployed, and I MIGHT be part of a team who goes to help inventory all the merchandise in the field stores. It's a sad state of affairs when I'm HOPING to get to be sent to Afganistan to escape the people I work with here, but it's actually a great opportunity career wise if I choose to stay with this company long term, so I do really hope I'll get to go. I'm going to count this as half an hour towards my relaxation time this week, because it made me happy :)

Study update: got a solid 1.5 hours last night of non-distracted or multitasked school reading done. Still behind for the week, but I got started, and that is a win for me.

The overseas thing sounds pretty neat.

I know a few people who have do it, and they said it was pretty hard work but a realyl interesting experience. It would be good for me, as I'm getting restless here. This place isn't bad, but I moved a lot as a kid, and I've lived in a lot of places and I just feel ready to explore someplace new.

Started working on the burpees for the mini challenge, so far I've done 2 set of 10.... the second set winded me, so sad.

So, I forgot I had scheduled myself to give blood yesterday afternoon, so no more burpees or any lifting or running or anything happened yesterday like I had set out in my head to do. I don't mind giving blood, I'm not scared of the needles or the sight of blood, but I don't have a very good physical reaction to being down that amount of fluids. The second the needle is out, I get overheated and crazy dizzy and lightheaded. But yesterday, I felt pretty good afterwards, so I tried to walk to the recovery area instead of staying in the chair for awhile.... well I ended up nearly blacking out and falling down. It was mega embarrassing. And that was my day, didn't really get anything else done after that haha.

It's my understanding you're not supposed to do any heavy lifting after giving blood anyway. Makes it dangerous. Giving blood is awesome, though. So you earn points for being a good human.

Also, don't feel bad about your reaction. My friend and my boyfriend both have really bad reactions and sometimes pass out. Not for fear or anything. I forget what it's called but there's a name for it.

Anyhow, hope you're feeling better today!

WEEK ONE RECAP

Fitness/Diet Goals:

•Running: Continued…: Two run sessions, 1/2 mile each no stop (both were after a blood donation, hopefully this week will be better)

•Bench Like a Boss : 1 benching session of 1x10x30, 2x5x40, 1x5x50 (also after my donation, felt super weak)

•Slay the Soul Crushing Stress Demon: 4/2 hours of "me time" including fun reading and a book study with some ladies from church

Life Goal:

•Grad School Focus: 7/8 hours of studying completed

I'm also planning to go Whole30-ish again, I had a pretty grand dietary pig out over the last 5 days or so and feel sluggish and icky and my face is breaking out. Darn bread. But I don't at all regret the all you can eat crab buffet I went to over the weekend... so delicious...so much butter, mmmmm..... Also spent some time driving around the Black Hills looking at the fall colors, so relaxation was definitely the biggest win this week.

Just wanted to stop by and wish you a really awesome challenge, I know you'll rock it! Looks like you're already off to a great start :)

Also, I love your new profile picture. Awesome view!

Tonight's Lifting Session:

OHP

2x6x45

2x6x50

2x5x55

Deadlift

1x8x45

1x6x65

1x5x85

1x5x105

1x5x115

Cuban Snatch

1x8x5

2x8x8

Bench

5x5x45

And then I played around with just a couple of cleans: 2x45, 2x50, 2x55

And leg presses just because: 10x80, 10x200

Grand total: 8628 lbs... will try to break 10K tonight, as I will not have gym access this weekend to keep helping for the contest :(

Edited by PrincessHeather

Last night:

RDL/Rows

3x10x45

5x5x65

Squats

1x10x45

1x5x95

1x5x115

3x5x125 (Body weight!)

2x5x95

2x10x45

Leg Press

1x20x100

2x10x200

1x5x220

2x240 (Max is probably 250-260, legs were way to spent to try to find out).

I'm pretty dang excited about those squat numbers! Last challenge I met the goal of 1x5xBW and I was able to push out 3 sets in the name of helping the guild with the Fall Frenzy challenge. Makes me wonder if part of the struggle was a mental block to getting there. And the RDL/rows felt great, the rows are usually the limiting factor, and they were tough but not impossibly so. It was fun seeing my husband's face when he walked into that room after his run and saw me! I'm going to try to up the weight next time.

And I did all this after being shot up with MMR, Thyphoid, Tetanus booster and the Flu Mist... all in preparation for that deployment thing I MIGHT do. I hope I'm feeling okay this weekend, I have a lot of homework to do and we'll be travelling to our friends' house down in Colorado to spend time with them before they PCS move to Germany (they are so lucky!). I'm exhausted just thinking about it. I'll have access to their base gym, I'll try to get in another lifting session maybe Sunday morning to boost my numbers :D

Um, BW squats? Did I ever tell you you're my hero? You're everything I wish I could be. That's freaking awesome! I feel like BW squats are a distant dream, maybe even unrealistic. So kudos to you!

Aside from that great lifts toward the mini-challenge and to leveling up your badass quotient.

And I did all this after being shot up with MMR, Thyphoid, Tetanus booster and the Flu Mist... all in preparation for that deployment thing I MIGHT do. I hope I'm feeling okay this weekend,

When I got my MMR/Typoid/Tetanus, I was sore, but didn't feel sick. The nurse said it depends on where you get the shot,and some people do better if they aren't tense, but that doesn't always work. I'm not generally nervous around shots (drawing blood I'm more tense, depending on who's drawing it). So hopefully you don't feel sick, although sometimes that sore arm is almost like being sick.

Have a great weekend in Colorado!

When I got my MMR/Typoid/Tetanus, I was sore, but didn't feel sick. The nurse said it depends on where you get the shot,and some people do better if they aren't tense, but that doesn't always work. I'm not generally nervous around shots (drawing blood I'm more tense, depending on who's drawing it). So hopefully you don't feel sick, although sometimes that sore arm is almost like being sick.

I'm just a little worried that my immune system will be overwhelmed by having so much done all at once. I don't mind the arm soreness so much, as my arms are pretty wrecked from lifting anyway haha. I think the flu mist will be the main culprit, as that's a live virus, but I'm upping my vitamins a little to hopefully counteract that. Also, our weather has drastically changed from pretty mild and warm fall to overcast and freezing in this past week, so I'm not super hopeful that my immune system isn't going to go "WTF?" lol

Nice work on the squats (and everything else) - I feel like a slacker for not contributing more to the fall frenzy now!

I've never actually eaten at a Brazilian Steakhouse, but I hear they're great - let us know how it is!

Awesome work on squats!

Was the leg press machine one of the 45 degree angle ones or the seated leg press? I haven't tried the former, but *I* can press 2.5xBW for ten reps on the seated press and can't squat BW more than once or twice, so if you use the seated press, you'll probably be surprised. I should try the 45 degree press to see what the difference is in how much I can move at some point. (We're talking leg press math in one of the other threads.)

Awesome work on squats!

Was the leg press machine one of the 45 degree angle ones or the seated leg press? I haven't tried the former, but *I* can press 2.5xBW for ten reps on the seated press and can't squat BW more than once or twice, so if you use the seated press, you'll probably be surprised. I should try the 45 degree press to see what the difference is in how much I can move at some point. (We're talking leg press math in one of the other threads.)

I saw that thread, and I actually had to google to understand the difference that was being argued... I'm using a seated press, like this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5743[/ATTACH]

My gym doesn't have the other type, and I'm not sure I'd like doing them that way. Looks scary!

Edited by PrincessHeather

I saw that thread, and I actually had to google to understand the difference that was being argued... I'm using a seated press, like this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5743[/ATTACH]

My gym doesn't have the other type, and I'm not sure I'd like doing them that way. Looks scary!

Yeah, the one at my gym is plate loaded, but I would think the force needed to move the weight should be pretty similar. So I'd bet your 1RM max is a closer to 400 than it is to 260, though having fried legs makes a difference -- I was able to move 400 a few times several weeks ago but couldn't push out 360 yesterday.

I'm just a little worried that my immune system will be overwhelmed by having so much done all at once. I don't mind the arm soreness so much, as my arms are pretty wrecked from lifting anyway haha. I think the flu mist will be the main culprit, as that's a live virus, but I'm upping my vitamins a little to hopefully counteract that. Also, our weather has drastically changed from pretty mild and warm fall to overcast and freezing in this past week, so I'm not super hopeful that my immune system isn't going to go "WTF?" lol

Our weather took a shift for the pretty cold, too (I think that's why I worried I was sick on Wednesday). I think we were in the 90s two weeks ago. This morning it was in the 30s. And is in the 40s right now. It's not THAT cold, but my toes are saying otherwise. :)

I've also never been to a Brazilian steakhouse, but have heard they're delicious. Definitely update us so we can be jealous!

Hopefully that flu shot didn't get ya. My mom says it's a coincidence when people get sick after flu shots, but enough people do, that I say the medical community is a bunch of liars. :) I'd never tell her that, though! :)

Our weather took a shift for the pretty cold, too (I think that's why I worried I was sick on Wednesday). I think we were in the 90s two weeks ago. This morning it was in the 30s. And is in the 40s right now. It's not THAT cold, but my toes are saying otherwise. :)

I've also never been to a Brazilian steakhouse, but have heard they're delicious. Definitely update us so we can be jealous!

Hopefully that flu shot didn't get ya. My mom says it's a coincidence when people get sick after flu shots, but enough people do, that I say the medical community is a bunch of liars. :) I'd never tell her that, though! :)

The flu shot gives you a little bit of the flu with the goal that it's a small enough bit that your immune system can fight it off and then your body knows how to do that and you shouldn't catch it from other sources after that. This works for most people but some people can't fight it off for whatever reason; they get the flu.

WEEK TWO RECAP

Fitness/Diet Goals:

•Running: Continued…: Nothing

•Bench Like a Boss : One serious session, but no gains :(

•Slay the Soul Crushing Stress Demon:2/2 hours of "me time"Life Goal:

Life Goal:

•Grad School Focus: FAIL 3/8 hours of studying completed