• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

This is Seth

Well Rounded Meat Tanking

Bad thing: Was not subscribed until now.

And you really do need to come to my gym for good deadlift bars. Not to mention the awesome environment.

I know, TinMan, I'll be back. You going to Game Over this week?

Corey, I have short shorts... but there's something exhilarating about taking photos of yourself in your skivvies and posting them on the internet. And then having Ange put a link to them on your facebook wall. Thanks Ange :P

So, yeah, I've kind of gone missing. Real life has been pretty hectic for the past two weeks, and as such, I will be starting this at a deficit. I'd love to say that I'll be in the gym tonight, but I have another soccer game this evening. There's been a whole lot of cardio going on... I climbed a mountain this past weekend(pics on facebook). Climbing back down makes your body feel like you front squatted the world the next morning.

I'll be back with actual workouts later in the week. Missed you crazy kids.

I know, TinMan, I'll be back. You going to Game Over this week?

Corey, I have short shorts... but there's something exhilarating about taking photos of yourself in your skivvies and posting them on the internet. And then having Ange put a link to them on your facebook wall. Thanks Ange :P

So, yeah, I've kind of gone missing. Real life has been pretty hectic for the past two weeks, and as such, I will be starting this at a deficit. I'd love to say that I'll be in the gym tonight, but I have another soccer game this evening. There's been a whole lot of cardio going on... I climbed a mountain this past weekend(pics on facebook). Climbing back down makes your body feel like you front squatted the world the next morning.

I'll be back with actual workouts later in the week. Missed you crazy kids.

Seth'd back to his thread? :o

I plan on heading to Game Over tomorrow, should be fun! And I heart Monadnock.

First off, is that really what we're taking picture in? You don't have some short shorts?

Also, depending on what weekend this happens and "spending more" with a "new friend" doesn't fill your schedule, maybe the wife and I will drive up, only a 2 hour trip. Lemme know.

Did I not make it clear enough on FB that not being here is fail?

YES. NYC MEETUP.

i bet we could use CFHK (after classes are done) to play around....

Seth'd back to his thread? :o

I plan on heading to Game Over tomorrow, should be fun! And I heart Monadnock.

youse guys make me want to be in boston.

HA! OOoooooOOOoooooooOOOOOOops! Hey man, you posted them to the interwebz, so they are there for-ev-er!

sandlot-forever-o.gif

That's awesome.

I'll get into the gym on Wednesday, I promise.

Kicked ass in soccer last night. Going out with TinMan tonight. That is all for my update.

Now just trying to get back into reading everyone's threads. Y'all did a lot while I was away.

Barbell Bench Press:

45 lb x 10 reps (+42 pts)

105 lb x 8 reps (+61 pts)

135 lb x 8 reps (+75 pts)

165 lb x 5 reps (+80 pts)

165 lb x 5 reps (+80 pts)

165 lb x 4 reps (+73 pts)

135 lb x 5 reps (+66 pts)

Wow, that three weeks off killed my bench. rep #5 on 3rd set just did not want to lock out.

Romanian Deadlift:

135 lb x 8 reps (+59 pts)

185 lb x 6 reps (+77 pts)

185 lb x 5 reps (+72 pts)

185 lb x 6 reps (+77 pts)

135 lb x 8 reps (+59 pts)

Power Clean:

135 lb x 2 reps (+33 pts)

Crunch:

20 reps (+10 pts)

20 reps (+10 pts)

20 reps (+10 pts)

..had to wait for the cage to open up

Front Barbell Squat:

8 reps is a lot different than 5 reps. let that be known.

Overhead Barbell Squat:

45 lb x 2 reps (+19 pts)

didn't fall on my ass... pretty damn close though

First workout of the challenge, that's not good. Felt weak and fat and the batch of brownies I baked today totally did not help. But, doesn't matter; worked out.

I've been working on the overhead squats form in the shower.. because that's the only place that people can't see me to laugh at how goofy I look. So, I gave it a shot today. Was really wobbly but didn't fall over. Not going to consider it a complete rep until I actually feel comfortable under the weight.

This was the first time I brought my chalk bag in to the gym. Had a trainer next to me with a client and he didn't scold me for it, so I guess it's okay... as long as I don't make a mess.

What are you doing form-wise for the overhead squats? I've been finding them easier with my feet pointed forward and closer together and with my arms in a wide snatch grip-- it makes it easier to keep it from falling forward, though I worry a bit that it'll go backwards and I'll wrench my shoulder when the weight gets heavier.

Pretty wide feet, probably a 15-20 degree angle for the toes out. The toughest part for me so far has been the shoulder mobility. It was actually really uncomfortable getting the bar back to rack position once I had finished the two squats.

I don't have the ankle mobility to keep my feet close, I realized that when my heels came off the ground practically the moment I broke at the hips.

Heavy overhead squats are tough. I load up between boxes... If the weight is heavy, I have to lock out under it, then stand up. I stay between the boxes so I can drop it when I'm done.

When I do them for warm up, I work from behind my neck.

Are you wearing weightlifting shoes? They help A TON!

I am not, still rocking my robin's egg blue converse all stars. I was working in the cage, so I setup the safeties at just below neck level, and loaded up from a rack position to jerk the empty bar up. I'm not planning on adding weight for a while, so this seems safe enough..

Upper back is killing me from the power clean/quick pulls that I was doing. Feels good, brah.

try putting 2.5lb plates under your heels and practice OHS. that'll give the little height boost that lifting shoes would give you to help combat the ankle inflexibility.

Thrusters:

45 lb x 10 reps (+53 pts)

45 lb x 10 reps (+53 pts)

Barbell Squat:

135 lb x 10 reps (+77 pts)

185 lb x 8 reps (+105 pts)

225 lb x 5 reps (+121 pts)

225 lb x 5 reps (+121 pts)

225 lb x 6 reps (+128 pts)

Finished with three sets of 1 1/4 squats to work on my high bar strength out of the hole.

Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press:

35 lb x 10 reps (+50 pts)

Dumbbell One-Arm Triceps Extension:

35 lb x 6 reps (+17 pts)

35 lb x 6 reps (+17 pts)

35 lb x 6 reps (+17 pts)

This was really more of a stretch than anything. Was working on elbow and shoulder mobility all night.

Stretching:

0:32:00 (+6 pts)

Shoulder mobility work

Decline Crunch:

10 reps (+6 pts)

10 reps (+6 pts)

10 reps (+6 pts)

10 reps (+6 pts)

10 reps (+6 pts)

I now know why Corey loves thrusters. Theyre fun! And an awesome full body warmup.

I went pretty easy tonight, a lot of time spent on some mwod stuff for shoulders and elbows. More prep work for the overhead stuff. That and I was running back and forth to the laundromat.

I'm heading out to the west coast tomorrow night, so you may not see me until Sunday. There is a Gold's gym next to my hotel though, so maybe Ill sneak in a workout.

Got me a day pass @ the Gold's Gym next to the hotel. Talked to the dude at the front desk and had it stretched to a two day... can we talk Setheth into going to the gym at some point tomorrow? mehhhhhh

Front Barbell Squat:

185 lb x 5 reps (+92 pts)

Power Clean:

155 lb x 2 reps (+38 pts)

165 lb x 2 reps (+41 pts)

Standing Barbell Shoulder Press (OHP):

95 lb x 8 reps (+78 pts)

105 lb x 5 reps (+74 pts)

Pull-Up:

3 reps (+43 pts)

3 reps (+43 pts)

3 reps (+43 pts)

3 reps (+43 pts)

Stretching:

0:12:00 (+2 pts)

Too tired to write more. Forgive me, nerdies. Must hijack this AC again to get it down to 60 degrees in my room again.

Too tired to write more. Forgive me, nerdies. Must hijack this AC again to get it down to 60 degrees in my room again.

What is wrong with you north eastern people liking rooms so cold? I don't understand.

Still have not found where fitocracy outputs as text so I can just copy and paste. Also, holy cleans batman.

Just selecting the text and copy + paste doesn't work for you?