• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

This is Seth

Well Rounded Meat Tanking

I have to use full site or on my tablet at least under the "You" link.

And BigM, I managed to get it to 66 but it wouldn't go lower. I had to throw the blanket off the bed in order to get comfy :(

And yeah, Corey. I enjoyed putting on a show for the kids on the leg press machine next to me. I don't think they're used to someone walking the bar out of the squat rack that often at a commercial gym like this one.

I have to use full site or on my tablet at least under the "You" link.

And BigM, I managed to get it to 66 but it wouldn't go lower. I had to throw the blanket off the bed in order to get comfy :(

And yeah, Corey. I enjoyed putting on a show for the kids on the leg press machine next to me. I don't think they're used to someone walking the bar out of the squat rack that often at a commercial gym like this one.

I'll try that.

And yeah, first thing I do when I get into a hotel room is set the thermostat to 62. I lived in a uninsulated garage with a space heater for one winter and now find it most comfortable to sleep under 4-5 blankets with it 50 degrees in the room. The worst part was getting out of the covers in the morning and making a mad 10 foot dash from the bed to the door to go into the house.

Got me a day pass @ the Gold's Gym next to the hotel. Talked to the dude at the front desk and had it stretched to a two day... can we talk Setheth into going to the gym at some point tomorrow? mehhhhhh

Too tired to write more. Forgive me, nerdies. Must hijack this AC again to get it down to 60 degrees in my room again.

In Raleigh, NC..hotel AC sort of works if you shove it down to 64...

And my investment in an Anytime Gym membership is looking positively brilliant at this point. Very nice one about 15 minutes away. Has "Hampton" brand equipment. Nice handles on the plates and very smoooth bars and bushings. A real pleasure (for an engineering minded person) to slide those bad boys onto the bar in the morning.

Yeah, don't think the other folks in the hotel gym were used to someone doing 5 sets of 15 dumbbell presses with 50# dumbbells either..nice warmup. (over slept so didn't make it to aforementioned Anytime Fitness).

I love hotel work outs. Walking back in through the front doors in my NF shirt dripping puddles of sweat was a great way to say hi to everyone working the night shift.

I smell of man.

...how pissed does your wife have to be to make you sleep in the garage? that is epic level "dog house".

Lol, once we move in and that's where my power rack is, that will be a reward. But no, this was in high school when I lived at home. The choice was make the garage or basement into a bedroom and I didn't want people walking through all the time to do laundry.

Chin-Up:

4 reps (+27 pts)

4 reps (+27 pts)

4 reps (+27 pts)

Thrusters:

45 lb x 8 reps (+51 pts)

95 lb x 5 reps (+63 pts)

95 lb x 5 reps (+63 pts)

135 lb x 5 reps (+82 pts)

Barbell Squat:

135 lb x 5 reps (+66 pts)

185 lb x 5 reps (+92 pts)

225 lb x 5 reps (+121 pts)

pause squats on last set. high bar for the rest

Overhead Barbell Squat:

45 lb x 2 reps (+19 pts)

45 lb x 2 reps (+19 pts)

oh yeah! didn't fall on my ass. woop

Barbell Deadlift:

135 lb x 8 reps (+75 pts)

285 lb x 3 reps (+145 pts)

315 lb x 3 reps (+178 pts)

225 lb x 3 reps (+97 pts)

static holds on last set. about 5-8 seconds a rep

Foam Rolling:

20:00 (+35 pts)

Where the hell has Setheth gone? Sorry Warriors, after coming home from LA, I got deathly sick. That's kept me out of the gym for quite some time. Not gonna lie though, I haven't been doing much fitness but I have been leveling up my nerd-ness. I've been hitting up Game Night and have a pretty good group of buddies there. I'm loving it. Our soccer team finished off the season, just missing the playoffs. But we're getting together socially and going out for trivia/bar outtings, which is almost as fun as the soccer itself.

Umm. Gym was good tonight. First time in quite some time. Not gonna lie, almost fell over from rush of blood to the head a few times while going heavy on the dead lifts. The squats felt good, but I didn't want to go to heavy. I'm going out for a walking "haunted tour", so I want to actually be able to "walk". :D

P.s. I have some gifts for you. This is Seth trying not to fall over whilst over head squatting.

Goal Achieved. No, it's not pretty. The bar path moves too far forward, aka must work on mobility. Also, don't laugh at the reverse curl/muscle snatch up... my shoulder were too sore to just press it up. Otherwise, yea, I has over head squat.

Edited by this_is_seth

Glad to see the doggy bag's back at it!

I knows my thoracic mobility does not like OH squats. On the plus side a related video to yours was a KStar video for OHS/Snatch prep.

Yay! You're alive!

1) Yes, you missed Death by DLs. It was fun. I highly recommend you try it. Worst 10 minutes of your life.

2) Nice OHS. One thing I will mention is about your grip. Since you want to mimic a snatch grip make sure that the bar rests where your belt would be when your arms are down. It was a little lower on your video. And don't worry about the shakiness, it happens at the beginning. I still wobble a bit during warmups.

Yay! You're alive!

1) Yes, you missed Death by DLs. It was fun. I highly recommend you try it. BEST 10 minutes of your life.

2) Nice OHS. One thing I will mention is about your grip. Since you want to mimic a snatch grip make sure that the bar rests where your belt would be when your arms are down. It was a little lower on your video. And don't worry about the shakiness, it happens at the beginning. I still wobble a bit during warmups.

Fixed. Was going to edit your post but don't want to make a habit of doing that.

Barbell Squat:

45 lb x 10 reps (+42 pts)

135 lb x 10 reps (+77 pts)

275 lb x 3 reps (+136 pts)

225 lb x 10 reps (+142 pts)

High Bar Challenge ends. 315 didn't feel too bad... still miss low bar

Barbell Bench Press:

95 lb x 8 reps (+57 pts)

135 lb x 6 reps (+70 pts)

155 lb x 4 reps (+69 pts)

185 lb x 3 reps (+74 pts)

155 lb x 5 reps (+75 pts)

was going for 185x5, I am disappoint.

Front Barbell Squat:

135 lb x 10 reps (+77 pts)

225 was heavy. feels good brah. And yes, for anyone keeping track, just pulling rep patterns out of my ass because I was out of my element.

Foam Rolling:

12 min (+21 pts)

Missed my bus, had to go to my secondary gym. Meh. Hex plates. Spent the whole time off the ground so I didn't have to deal with the plates on the ground.

High bar at 315 is no where near as comfy as low bar. Just saying. Hit my goal of getting 3 plates on my shoulders, not sure if I'm ready to switch back yet. I love the depth I get on high bar, I can really chill down in the hole without having to worry about my gut dropping between my knees. Kinda comfy.

Bench sucked. Let's move on.

Front squats are becoming a big favorite of mine. They choke the fuck out of me at weights over 200. Instant Squat Stars, who doesn't love those? And yeah, like the notes inline said, these were heavy. 5th rep was a beast. That last rep made me happy about failing so bad on the bench.

I'll update on the summary later. Need to go eat my crockpot lasagna.

Had to write this down somewhere. The ingredients to my crock pot lasagna this weekend. It's amazing.

lasagna.png

It works out to about 14 servings. That's ~680 calories of cheesy amazingness.

Had to write this down somewhere. The ingredients to my crock pot lasagna this weekend. It's amazing.

It works out to about 14 servings. That's ~680 calories of cheesy amazingness.

Wanted ingredients, but photo is not loading!

Edit: It loaded when I quoted it though?

Edited by The Tin Man

I'd like to point out that if you browned the ground beef beforehand and drained the fat (not sure if you did, don't see any prep instructions), then you probably got rid of about 75% of the fat from that ingredient. That would get rid of about 160g of fat, or 1440 kcal total, 100kcal per serving.

edit: Also, how it is 80% lean ground beef? Your nutritional info has over half the weight coming from fat, assuming that carbs, protein, and fat are all in grams.

edit edit: That seems to be consistant that the fat to protein ratio is higher than the percentage would indicate when I look at the nutritional info on other sights, though yours still seems a bit high. From my brief research, I think of that 80% lean, not all 80% is protein, some is water and that 80% lean just means 20% fat by weight.

Edited by CoreyD

Why would you drain away the beautiful beef juices? That's just silly. And 80/20 is good for just browning up in a sauce, you don't need anything too fatty.

I was pretty happy with the nutritional break down. For a pasta dish, to get ~40g of fat/protein out of it... nom nom. And let's be honest, I take two servings to the face for dinner anyway.