STR:

DEX:

STA:

WIS:

CON:

CHA:

[/table]

Objective :

So here’s the deal. It’s time for me to get timey wimey all up in this bitch and turn back the clock; back to a time when I gobbled up burpees and shit out awesomeness. During the past year and a half I’ve surrendered much to the iron gods; nonetheless they have accepted my 1,300lbs sacrament and granted me permission to worship false idols, GPP.

Goal #1

Conditioning – 3 x week (+5 STA, +2 DEX)

Assessment – 100 Burpee Challenge (Aim: > 5 min)

Goal #2

Strength – Maintain 95% of current 1RM in main lifts (+2 STR)

Assessment – 1RM Test (Aim: SQ-450, DL-450, BP-330, OHP-235)

Goal #3

Body Comp – Lose 5% BF (+2 CON, +2 CHA)

Assessment – Weight scale and tape test (Aim: BW > 242lbs and -3in waist)

Goal# 4

Finances – Add $500 to rainy day fund. (+2 WIS)

Assessment – Five new Bejamins under the mattress.

Have you ever tried chasing a chicken? I heard that does wonders.

No, no, go with catching a greased pig. :)

I was doing sets of ten burpees on the minute for ten+ minutes; the idea of doing those double speed to make it every thirty seconds for five minutes is terrifying.

Burpees are the devil I say! I may have to attempt this 100 burpee challenge myself, if only to see how humbling it really is.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LVL 2 MartianWarrior

STR 9/DEX 2/ STAM 3.75/ CON 3/ WIS 6/ CHA 3

"Fads come and go, but the barbell remains the same. Respect it accordingly." - Jim Wendler

"When I want to be a super hero, I just wake up" - Childish Gambino

So now that I’ve given the what, it’s time for the how.

Strength Training:

Since conditioning is the priority this time around, heavy lifting will take a back seat. I’ll lift a minimum of twice a week with two days rest in between. Each day will consist of two main lifts and then accessory work as I see fit. Main lifts will be based on Wendler’s 531 and accessory lifts aimed at strength endurance.

Sample Week:

Day 1

Squat – 531

Press – 531

RDL – 3x12

Kroc Row – 2x25

Day 2

Deadlift – 531

Bench – 531

Front SQ – 5x5

PC – 8x3

Conditioning:

The primary theme of this challenge, I’ll train at least three times a week. The three sessions will be organized and developed using principles and ideas found in Ross Enamait’s Full Throttle Conditioning. The week’s workouts will be separated into two intense and one moderate day(s). Intense days will include sprints, hills, intervals, etc. Moderate will be mid distance running or ruck.

Sample Week:

Day 1

Intense – Hill Sprints x10-12

Day 2

Intense – Sequential Fatigue Challenge

Day 3

Moderate – 3 mile ruck

Example of how I'd schedule a week:

[table=width: 500, class: grid, align: center]

Mon

Tue

Wed

Thu

Fri

Sat

Sun

Rest

Strength Training

Conditioning: Intense

Rest

Strength Training

Conditioning: Intense

Conditioning: Moderate

[/table]

Awesome goals, no joke with the weights, hopefully

When I hit my first plateau I can get some advice in breaking through! Definitely gonna follow this

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Jrock817,

level 1 Spartan Warrior

STR 2|DEX 2|STA 2|

|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 3

[/TABLE]

Current challenge thread

http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?18262-Jrock-s-getting-back-into-the-game-challenge&p=309102#post309102

It's all about the Benjamins. Good luck!

not-to-sound-selfish-all-about-the-benjamins-demotivational-poster-1280370906.jpg

Sure, just take your 1300# total and go run with it! (great goals)

Pun intended.

Have you ever tried choking the chicken? I heard that does wonders.

Seth, this is a family forum.

I was doing sets of ten burpees on the minute for ten+ minutes; the idea of doing those double speed to make it every thirty seconds for five minutes is terrifying.
Burpees are the devil I say! I may have to attempt this 100 burpee challenge myself, if only to see how humbling it really is.

Yeah its going to suck something fierce. I think my best time was 4:30ish back when I was in fight shape, but I was also 50lbs lighter.

Is "Intensity" you middle name, cause your goals are awe inspiring, I will be keeping tabs, good luck man!

Thanks. I figured it was about time to turn the volume up to 11.

Awesome goals, no joke with the weights, hopefully

When I hit my first plateau I can get some advice in breaking through! Definitely gonna follow this

I'm always down to offer what help I can.

Sep 25th

HBBS:

325x5

345x5

365x5

OHP:

175x5

185x5

195x5

RDL:

225x10x3

Dips:

Kroc Row:

100x25

Then eat moar. ;)

Yes Sir ! I am well on my way. I need to see 5 plates on either side of my barbell when I deadlift. I destroyed a 4 egg omelette not half an hour ago and will destroy 2 thick fatty filets of salmon with peas and carrots for dinner. Yummers. I am also drinking creamy, fresh, local-farmer milk by the half quarter gallon every day. :)

Ancalagon The Black. Half Dragon Spellsword

Sep 26th

This sucked. My football coach used to tell me that I had the body of a linebacker but the speed of offensive lineman, he was right.

As a former o lineman..I was always one of the fastest on the team...for 5 yards..then not so much

wildross - warriors count tons, not reps

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Sep 28th

DL:

325x5

345x5

365x5

Hook gripped em all. Thumbs held up ok. I used a new setup based on this video from Jim Steel.

http://www.basbarbell.com/2012/09/deadlift-tips.html

BP:

245x5

260x5

275x5

Close gripped em all with a 2 sec pause at the bottom. Really worked on keeping my upper back tight and elbows in.

FS:

225x3

275x3

315x3

225x5x2

Quickly becoming my favorite squat.

Notes:

Felt extremely sore this morning. I'm experiencing DOMS for the first time in awhile. Who knew that sprinting would hurt so bad. As a result I spent more time during my warmup and mob work.

Awesome numbers! Hey, you're working on your burpees this week, right? You can knock out the mini-challenge while you work on crushing your regular challenge goal.

Yeah I start tonight and will be doing them daily, so I'll help out a bit. I'm going to tackle it based on JP's recommendations below.

An overweight and or out of shape individual could begin by doing 3 or 4 sets of 5, with the goal being to accomplish the sets in less than 15 seconds per. Once they can do that, they would add a few reps, trying for sets of 7 or 10. Each time the time goals are made across the board, they would add repetitions per set.

http://www.strengthvillain.com/?p=117

Its going to be a close call whether I can reach 100 @ sub 5min by the end of the challenge but I'm determined to give it the good ol college try.

Nice work! I plan to play with hook grip when I get back into deadlifting. Interesting are the grip options.

And front squat is actually my favorite squat. So I support your new found affection.

Also: lolz at the Mrs. I understand.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines