Chairohkey’s “Emergency Temporal Shift!�

chairohkey

2-You’re probably ready for a little more advance programming on BP and OHP. I've found that both respond well to volume. I’d run a program like Jim Steel’s Get a Big Bench. Do it with a close grip/elbows in setup and OHP on the same days; ramp to a heavy single, double, or triple; then back off sets at 60%x10x3-5.

That's a monstrous amount of benching, I like it. When I go back to 3 lifting days a week after I build my home power rack (hopefully by the end of the year) I'll try it.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

FYI to all my peeps, I’m gracefully bowing out of this challenge. I've been doing a lot of thinking recently and I’m going to take a break from challenges and recording my workouts on this site, among others (no more posting PRs on Facebook). NF is an amazing support group and everyone here is kick-ass, but I feel a need to go at it alone for a while. In the past I've justified logging my workouts on-line as a means of accountability, but in truth it was always been about self-aggrandizement, a way to publicly pat myself on the back. The pathetic thing being nothing I've done has been all that impressive. Nevertheless external praise has begun to feel more important than the internal gratification that comes from finishing a heavy set of squats; in fact I’m kinda feeling like a douche because of it. So I’m going lone wolf, aka one man wolf pack, for the time being. Don’t worry though I’m still going to lurk/troll/spam/contribute every now and then.

:( Bummer!

But really, I see what you're saying.

A reflective warrior, you are. Many weights lift, you will.

Don't go too far, though. We like ya around these parts.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

I know what you're saying. I've had to call myself out on it a few times. At this point yeah, take it offline and get back to the roots, but still hang around. You've got lots of good advice and experience to help people with.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I know what you're saying. I've had to call myself out on it a few times. At this point yeah, take it offline and get back to the roots, but still hang around. You've got lots of good advice and experience to help people with.

Plus 1

wildross - warriors count tons, not reps

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

the past I've justified logging my workouts on-line as a means of accountability, but in truth it was always been about self-aggrandizement, a way to publicly pat myself on the back. The pathetic thing being nothing I've done has been all that impressive. Nevertheless external praise has begun to feel more important than the internal gratification that comes from finishing a heavy set of squats; in fact I’m kinda feeling like a douche because of it.

Understandable.

However your threads probably have a lot more non-posting lurkers than you realize. For the most part you are the strongest one here, and your threads have a lot of information regarding applying programming concepts and consistency. Reading various programs and seeing them applied in action (with comments) are two completely different things.

At one time I was going to quit posting workout logs, but I was conviced otherwise because a lot of people follow my workout logs and comments and learn from my experiences, and I've come to see my workout logs from that perspective. Instead of self aggrandizement, I see it as the best I can do writing a guide for others. Now granted there are a lot of differences; there is plenty of advanced weight stuff out there, whereas with primarily BW, past the intermediate stage there is virtually nothing written down (quality programming info, applying progressions to a program, is nonexistant). I follow your thread for precisely that reason, to learn about the application of programming, seeing charts of %'s of 1RM and periodization schedules is to me nearly meaningless.

I bet there are a lot of Warriors that look to your threads as a way to helping them decide where to go when they move on from Starting Strength or Stronglifts programming.

currently maintaning

battle log challenges: 16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1
follow me: myfitnesspal
don't panic!

I understand your thoughts here. You don't want the external praise to become your motivation.

As long as you stick around, for your humor and knowledge. I hope no one is offended by this (because all input was good and useful) but it was you and jdanger I was looking to hear from when I asked my question about using the stretch reflex in the OHP.

The Tin Man: Cyborg Ranger

Tin Man's Out of Date Epic Quest

I am what I do.

I understand your thoughts here. You don't want the external praise to become your motivation.

As long as you stick around, for your humor and knowledge. I hope no one is offended by this (because all input was good and useful) but it was you and jdanger I was looking to hear from when I asked my question about using the stretch reflex in the OHP.

Yeah, pretty much you and jdanger I look to for any of my questions. And knightwatch.

500 / 330 / 625

Yeah, pretty much you and jdanger I look to for any of my questions. And knightwatch.

this^ freakin' brilliant. the lot of you.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Ha! My master plan worked. More praise than ever!

2571051-MrBurnsExcellent_super.gif

All BS aside, thanks everyone.

your threads have a lot of information regarding applying programming concepts and consistency. Reading various programs and seeing them applied in action (with comments) are two completely different things.

I bet there are a lot of Warriors that look to your threads as a way to helping them decide where to go when they move on from Starting Strength or Stronglifts programming.

I see what you’re saying, but I feel I’ve had a bit of program ADD as of late and don’t know how anyone could glean any useful info from the past few months. I’ve been program hopping with no clear direction, like a leaf in the wind. This is one of the reasons I want to regroup, determine what my immediate goals truly are, and then apply a program to reach them. I feel that only by doing that will my experience be beneficial to others.

You don't want the external praise to become your motivation.

This. Don’t get me wrong I believe external factors play an important role in motivation but that they shouldn’t be the driving force. This is especially true as it relates to lifestyle choices and that’s what strength training is to me, a way I chose to live my life.

I too feel like I am a leaf in the wind. Sometimes it's nice to be free of rules, but other times (for example, when you want results), you have to be more focused. I'll for sure miss you. And I definitely look at your thread for inspiration. But also understand it's sometimes easier to get derailed or have the wrong motivations.

Anyway, I have nothing useful to add, as per usual.

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

2" washers for smaller weight increases

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines