HeathBar re-learns the basics Featuring Mr. T

HeathBar

Background:

This lil pony has participated in a few challenges thus far, however; she seems to have regressed into bad habits once she started attending alchemy academy. She has recruited a gentlemen by the name of Mr. T to help her get back on track to being strong, healthy and smart.

Diet/Exercise Goals:

Mr. T says “TRACK YOUR CALORIES, FOOL!” (+4 CHA)

I’m back to tracking calories daily and planning my food diary ahead of time. Currently set to 1570 calories a day in an attempt to slowly lose a couple pounds of fat.

Mr. T. says “DRINK YO MILK” (+3 CON)

Well, in this case it will be don’t drink your milk, because I’m sticking with my Paelo-ish diet. That means no bread, pasta, rice or grains. Limited dairy;Greek yogurt and some cheese allowed. Meals should consist primarily of a protein and a vegetable. Cheat meals allowed if planned, limited to once a week.

Mr. T says “I PITY DA FOOL WHO MISSES A WORKOUT” (+2 STR +1 STA)

In the mist of my insanely busy schedule I want to find the time to lift 2x a week and some kind of cardio once a week. Cardio can include running, walk, sprinting or any kind of outdoor activity.

51mkKBrYmWL.jpg

Life Goal:

Mr. T says “DON’T BE A FOOL, STAY IN SCHOOL” (+5 WIS)

My school work at the alchemy academy (aka. pharmacy school) is currently my top priority; I want to keep my grades to only A’s and B’s on all major tests. Hopefully this will land me on the Dean’s List. Currently I’m on track for this so I just have to keep up the hard work.

mr-t.jpg

Level 6 Half-Pony Warrior Assassin
STR 9.5 | DEX 6 | STA 12.5 | CON 12.5 | WIS 15.5 | CHA 13.5
Current Challenge: Working out for two

"Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something" - Jake the Dog

Great goals! Will you get a MrT-like haircut if you achieve them? :)

Level 2   Human   Ranger

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------STR 7.7  CON 4.8  Battle Log  We are Rangers.DEX 2.0  WIS 2.9               We walk in the dark places no others will enter.STA 4.9  CHA 3.3               We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.

Great goals! Will you get a MrT-like haircut if you achieve them? :)

Do it! Also, I love the pony-with-axe in your signature. Keep us updated!

The DragonknightLevel 4 Human RangerPrestige Class: FirebreatherSTR:8 | DEX:9 | CON:8.5| STA:6.25| WIS:3.75 | CHA:7.5 Current Challenge The term “Firebreather†is representative of both body, mind and spirit. Any athlete who strives valiantly during exercise while displaying an indomitable spirit is walking the path of a true Firebreather.

I just read your entire post in Mr. T's voice. Touche' Heathbar, touche'

Good luck!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LVL 2 MartianWarrior

STR 9/DEX 2/ STAM 3.75/ CON 3/ WIS 6/ CHA 3

"Fads come and go, but the barbell remains the same. Respect it accordingly." - Jim Wendler

"When I want to be a super hero, I just wake up" - Childish Gambino

Thanks for your support everyone! My second day of the challenge isn't going that well. I packed my gym clothes and a nice paelo friendly lunch; unfortunately I left it at home. Grrrr!!!! Sadly home is 45 minutes away so I can't go back and get it. That means no gym for me today since the only gym access I have is at school. For lunch I ate a low calorie, but not very paelo friendly sandwich. It was egg whites on a bagel thin from Einstein bro's. Delicious little sandwich for only 330 calories. I just can't believe I left my yummy salmon lunch is sitting at home!!! :(

Instead of my planned lifting I'm going to go for a run when I get home from school (this way I won't incur the wrath of Mr. T). I'm running a 5k this weekend so this will probably be my last "practice" run before the big day.

Good news is that I had a big math test today and I think I did well on it.

"Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something" - Jake the Dog

I hate when that happens! At least you'll get to do a run, that's better than nothing!

As for lunches, maybe you can keep some ammount of paleo friendly snacks in the car just for days like that, so you have a little something to fall back on.

I definitely feel for you on leaving stuff at home. I definitely forget my lunch at least once a week :(

and YAY!! math tests. I bet you rocked it, wish I could math.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LVL 2 MartianWarrior

STR 9/DEX 2/ STAM 3.75/ CON 3/ WIS 6/ CHA 3

"Fads come and go, but the barbell remains the same. Respect it accordingly." - Jim Wendler

"When I want to be a super hero, I just wake up" - Childish Gambino

I had the A-Team theme playing in the back of my head whilst reading. There's no doubt in my mind you can do it - with Mr. T behind you yo ain't no fool!

Leprechaun Warrior
STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | CON: 2 | STA: 2 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 4

For epic music that will CHANGE YOUR LIFE click here. Make sure you have a spare pair of underwear beforehand.

Completed my first 5k this morning. I'm super proud of myself for running the entire thing without taking a break. My time was about 34 minutes, nothing to brag about but at least it's a starting point.

5kHeartRun.jpg

Had to get a picture with this guy!

5kHeartRun2.jpg

Everything else is going well. Today is my "cheat" paelo day, I'm craving pizza big time so I'm just going to indulge a little. I am diligently tracking my calories though, today is looking a little scary lol. Oh well back on the bandwagon of low calorie-ness tomorrow.

Great job on the math test and the 5K !

I second the idea of getting a Mr. T hair cut if you complete all your goals. :)

haha I don't know if my husband would appreciate a MrT haircut!

I hear Mr. T pities fools who eat free bagels. Just saying.

HAHAHAHAHHAHA, seriously just snorted coffee into my nose!

Great job on the 5k, and for running it non-stop. Having that capability is one of my goals this time around, so I am jealous!

Excellent job on the 5k. This warrior does not run, so your efforts seriously impress me.

Do not worry if you have built your castles in the air.
They are where they should be.
Now put the foundations under them
. - Henry David Thoreau

Thanks everyone! I successfully resisted the bagels, brownies and 3 different varieties of cupcakes yesterday (we were celebrating a bunch of birthdays in class)! I also got my lift on after school (woot!). Felt kinda sluggish so I did a little deload on all lifts.

Also, I had so much fun doing my first 5k that I signed up for a second one! This one is in 2 weeks and is for our local humane society. Pretty stoked :)

Huge congrats on the 5k and on the food resistance success, Have fun storming the... I mean running the second 5k!

"No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize."

1 Corinthians 9:27

Weekend wrap up!

Calorie tracking

6/7 didn't finish tracking one day because I wasn't sure how to input my dinner (ate out at an Indian restaurant)

Paelo style meals

5/6 for this one. Had a few carbolicious treats on a day other then my designated cheat day.

Workouts:

3/3 w00t!

Lifted twice (like a boss) and did a little running. I did some clean and presses on Friday at 65lbs just to get used to the form. So much fun but I'm pretty sore today still! Did my DL's at 155lbs, I'd like to get back up to 165 though.

School

Got a 100% on my pharmacy calculations test I took last week, yay! I also took a big Physiology test on Friday I'm pretty confident that I did well on. I have 2 major and one minor test next week so I gotta get back to studying.

Overall, besides the Paelo cheats, I did well this week.

Kinda an odd workout today but I wanted to work in the jump rope and do cleans again. Went over on my calories due to unexpected cookies :( They were very yummy though and I was in a bad mood, and they made me happy at the time lol

Also had a another big test today that I think I did well on. I have another on Friday so I gotta get crackin on that. Next lifting session I plan to be back to the normal 5x5 Strong lifts routine.

Jump Rope:

0:03:00 (+18 pts)

Clean and Press:

65 lb x 5 reps (+107 pts)

Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown:

90 lb x 5 reps (+31 pts)

105 lb x 5 reps (+35 pts)

90 lb x 5 reps (+31 pts)

90 lb x 5 reps (+31 pts)

90 lb x 5 reps (+31 pts)

Hyperextension:

10 reps (+5 pts)

10 reps (+5 pts)

10 reps (+5 pts)

10 reps (+5 pts)

10 reps (+5 pts)

Plank:

30 sec (+13 pts)

30 sec (+13 pts)

30 sec (+13 pts)

30 sec (+13 pts)

30 sec (+13 pts)

Running (treadmill):

0:20:00 || 0 mi || 0 bpm || 0 % (+87 pts)

My next 5k race will be this weekend! :)

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines