6 week challenge take two

Rilo

So I think this challenge I need to focus on my diet. It's hard in a house where I have no say, but I'm going to try and change it a bit at a time. I have my workouts sorted and they're becoming more of a habit than sitting on my butt was, so I'm not making them goals.

Diet/Fitness Goals:

1. Clean up the diet. I cut out buying junk food during the last challenge, and because of that cut down on snacking between meals and late at night. But in this house it's pies for lunch almost every day and if it's not a pie it's a sandwich loaded with cheese or processed meat. I wanna stop eating this type of lunch because I can feel the pastry just weighing me down and making me sluggish before a workout, so I want to switch it up for something light like soup and I'll look up different things to try throughout the week and find something for lunch that will get my vegetable intake up because they don't really cook a lot of veg here. I'll allow 3 cheat days over the whole challenge for soda, and another 3 for a a junky snack treat. +2 Con, +2 Wis, +3 Sta

2. Yoga one time a week. This was part of one of my goals last time but I didn't meet it. I've got a plan now for my workouts, so I'm hoping to find the time for it and stick with it. +3 Dex

3. Do one whole push up. This one I'm not confident about, because I'm awfully weak. I'm currently doing level 1 incline push ups with the angry birds workout 3 times a week. It will be awesome if I can do one by the end of the challenge, if only to just prove myself wrong. +2 Str

Life Goal:

Clean my room once a week. I'm lucky if it's getting done even twice during six weeks. So hopefully I'll get this done every week! And I mean the whole lot, not just a quick tidy. +3 Cha

I'm allowing myself the cheat days for the treats because I do get bad cravings and this way I can limit them. I know towards the end of the last challenge I couldn't wait for it to be over so I could indulge in an ice cream and not feel so bad, which led to a slice of cake the next day, a packet of crisps the next... So yeah, learning to limit myself more.

Starting weight: 184lbs (24/07/12)

Current weight: 171lbs (21/09/12)

STR: 3.5, STA: 4.25, DEX: 3.5, CON: 7, WIS: 6, CHA: 4

Rilo, level 3 adventurerSTR 5 | DEX 5 | STA 5.75 | CON 8 | WIS 7 | CHA 5.50

Good goals - best of luck with them. I think it's a good idea to allow cheat days/a bit of slack so that one 'failure' doesn't blow the whole thing out of the water. Far too easy to get discouraged and lose momentum. I'm a big fan of soup - very filling, very few calories, very easy to prepare. My cupboard is full of tinned soup.

Level 4 Human Adventurer / Level 4 Scout, couch to 5k graduate, six time marathon finisher.

Spoiler

Current 5k Personal Best: 22:00 / 21:23 / 21:13 / 21:09 / 20:55 / 20:25 (4th July 17)

Current 5 mile PB: 36:41 35:27 34:52 (10th May 17)

Current 10k PB: 44:58 44:27 44:07 44:06 43:50 (29th June 17)

Current Half Marathon PB: 1:41:54 1:38:24 1:37:47 1:37:41 (14th June 15)

Current Marathon PB: 3:39:34 3:29:49 (10th April 16)

Tinned soup is a godsend. I think I'll mostly aim for veggy soups throughout the week, have to stock up tomorrow. I want to start adding veggies as a snack, maybe some celery and carrot sticks with some healthy dip but it's hard when I don't have a fridge to put them in!

A cheat down gone for soda, so that's two left. I probably could have gone without a cup this morning but I felt really annoyed so it was nice. I also had a small truffle last night, I'm not sure whether to count this as a cheat day because I was thinking more of a slice of cake or a full packet of crisps would mean a cheat day. Maybe half a cheat day? It wasn't big but they're pretty rich. We'll see how it goes.

I'm feeling slightly more motivated after going to work and hearing "have you lost weight?" it made me feel awesome! Especially cos I'm not exactly big anyway and I didn't think the weight I've lost made much difference, just need to lose some slight chub. Apparently they could notice it in my face. And now I'm gonna go work out feeling awesome.

Done cleaning and yoga for this week, stayed away from greasy lunches and stuck to soup and some pasta salads with veggies.

I'm not sure how my progress towards the push up is going, I can do 40 incline push ups in 3 sets, and I managed to lower myself maybe about an inch before collapsing during a proper push up. Still five weeks to go!

Thanks :) What are these modified push ups like? I can't really tell if incline or knee push ups are supposed to be harder. I never knew the proper form for knee push ups till today and tried one with proper form and it seemed slightly harder than incline but I didn't think it should.

I've ordered a cheap pull up bar that I'm hoping will be good to use lower to the floor for inverted rows.

Hey Rilo, how's it? I see you're having a pretty good run. I have a push up goal as well, and I am using the stairs as incline -- it allows me to work out on a particular stair and then as I feel confident in it I move down to another one. I've dropped one stair so far and I have high hopes of making it to the floor by the time the 6 weeks are up. I find incline push ups MUCH harder than knee push ups, as more of my core muscles are involved (you still use good push up position). If you can do lots of incline push ups then it's probably time to lower the angle of your incline!

Good luck!!! Here's to your first real push up :)

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

I've been kind of lacking in getting on the computer recently (good thing?) but I have been keeping to working out and trying to keep away from junk food which as a whole has been good. I've used up all of my cheat days, which I probably shouldn't have because there's a party next week... but I'll just lower myself a grade when it comes to tallying up my points. My yoga has been going good, I actually find it quite fun now and did it twice last week instead of my usual one, and on the cleaning side I even cleared out a whole bag of stuff to give to charity.

Hiraedd: I hope your push ups are going well! I have lowered my incline, 50% closer to the ground than last time and will work up to doing 40 there. I try to see how close I am to a real push up every now and again and can feel myself getting closer to the ground each time I try but it's still not very low. I don't have high hopes to completing before the challenge is over but I'll still keep trying! I like your stairs idea! I'd steal it but my stairs only have tiny space. :P

Hey Rilo, that's great to hear! I'm so glad to hear that your yoga has been so much fun that you've done extra days of it! And congrats on lowering your incline on your pushups! I am almost ready to move down to the 1st stair (I've been sick a couple of days or I'd already be there -- darn tummy bug), and I can't wait to see if I can get it done by the end of the challenge. Even if you can't make your goal you can make solid progress on it -- can't wait to hear how it's been going this week :)

Hiraedd the Twice Risen:

Hamadryad; Pilgrim

battle log

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines