The Mighty Pull-up!

challenge start : 15

challenge end :19 (whoot! lifetime pr)

the first 16 without pausing, little pause before #17 and a 5-7 second pause before #18 & 19.

I actually stopped moving an inch shy of rep 19 for a few seconds but I kept fighting and finished it.

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

Challenge start: 2 sort of almost probably maybe

Challenge end: 5, close to being able to do 6

Yup, that's a good six weeks there.

@realbrickwall, that's awesome. Congrats!

As for me, my final is still 0. As stated in my final update, it felt pretty awesome to get myself above the bar yesterday, but in order to do it I had to start with my elbows ever-so-slightly bent. I'm working with a trainer friend to get past that straight-arm hurdle and am going to continue training after the challenge ends. I WILL be doing reps by 2013!!!

So perhaps my final is .90? Ha, not enough to WIN, but I still feel like a winner. That's the point, right? Anyhow, thanks for all the inspiration. Y'all are badasses. BADASSES!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Half-Gnome Assassin | LEVEL 2

STR: 5 | DEX: 4 | STA: 4 | CON: 4 | WIS: 6 | CHA: 4

"If adventures will not befall a young lady in her own village, she must seek them abroad." ~Jane Austen

Challenges: September 24th to November 5th | The Mighty Pull-up

For percentage growth, you just can't beat those of us who started at zero. My final of 2 is over a bazillion % growth!

Current challenge: Draco Used to Be an Adventurer Like You....

Previous challenge: Draco Returns for a New Adventure

Level 3 Half-Elf Adventurer

6.25 STR | 4 DEX | 6 STA | 4.5 CON | 5.5 WIS | 4.5 CHA

“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.â€

― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Come to think of it, hitting two means I went up over a bazillion AND THEN DOUBLED IT!

I know it's just words, but I feel so much more badass right now. lol:)

Come to think of it, hitting two means I went up over a bazillion AND THEN DOUBLED IT!

I know it's just words, but I feel so much more badass right now. lol:)

LOL. I question your math, but not your accomplishment. Way to go!

HALF-OGRE
Level 3 Ranger / Level 1 Sexy Grandpa

Str: 10.75 Dex: 11 Sta: 9.25 Con: 7.5 Wis: 6.75 Cha: 5.75

"The chief cause of failure and unhappiness is trading what you want most for what you want right nowâ€. ― Zig Ziglar

Introduction
Current 6 week challenge
My workout log

Specialization is for insects. Do all the things!

So i was inspired by this thread a couple of weeks ago. On my non-deadlift days after i'm done with all my other lifts i go and grab the pullup bars. I'm way too heavy and too weak (i weigh 430lbs) to be able to do one right now, but i know it's helping build up hand strength and i actually had about half an inch of upward moment last night when before there was none, so I am progressing. So thank you everyone for the inspiration, and i'll be sure to keep track of my progress.

Lvl 5 Penguin Warrior:  10 Str, 3.5 Dex, 6.5 STA, 23.5 CON, 12.25 WIS, 5.75 CHA

Intro | Current Challenge Thread | Character sheet
My Personal Blog | My Food Blog

There are no failures, only learning pains

Still waiting for a lot of max numbers, but the original post has been updated with what I do have.

For percentage growth, you just can't beat those of us who started at zero. My final of 2 is over a bazillion % growth!

And this is why we're split into groups based on initial numbers. ;)

So i was inspired by this thread a couple of weeks ago. On my non-deadlift days after i'm done with all my other lifts i go and grab the pullup bars. I'm way too heavy and too weak (i weigh 430lbs) to be able to do one right now, but i know it's helping build up hand strength and i actually had about half an inch of upward moment last night when before there was none, so I am progressing. So thank you everyone for the inspiration, and i'll be sure to keep track of my progress.

This is awesome!!! Congrats!

Wolverine

Level X Mutant

From ABSOLUTE ZERO to an inch AT 430 LBS? That's NOT weak! Thirster, you go man! If you're doing that at 430, you're a stronger man than I'll ever be! How many people here could get that high if they added weight to that point? I might be able lift that far at 200, but I don't think I could even hold the bar without my feet on the floor at 300!

Just jumping in to say that I completed a set of 13 before the end of the challenge.

Level 3/1 Wild Elf Assassin/Ranger
Owner of the Lizard Demon
STR 12 | DEX 10 | STA 8 | CON 9 | WIS 12 | CHA 7
Our motto within STG is to always expect trouble. Failing that, create trouble for someone else. -Major Kirrahe

We do not experience fear, but we understand how it affects you. -LEGION

Party: Down & Dirties
Level 1: Ranger 1
Level 2: Assassin 1

Level 4: Assassin 3

2013 Resolutions

Thirster, just to prove it to myself I actually tested to see what a 300 lb hang would feel like - Right now I'm just over 150, so I figured a one arm hang would be the effect of 300 on two hands. Just holding on with my feet off the ground for two seconds BURNED. Like crazy burned - hanging with one arm was easily worse than full two-arm pull-ups. I can see what you meant about the hand strength though! It's officially confirmed - you're stronger than I am on pull-ups, easy.

Thirster, just to prove it to myself I actually tested to see what a 300 lb hang would feel like - Right now I'm just over 150, so I figured a one arm hang would be the effect of 300 on two hands. Just holding on with my feet off the ground for two seconds BURNED. Like crazy burned - hanging with one arm was easily worse than full two-arm pull-ups. I can see what you meant about the hand strength though! It's officially confirmed - you're stronger than I am on pull-ups, easy.

lmao. thanks. :-D

Lvl 5 Penguin Warrior:  10 Str, 3.5 Dex, 6.5 STA, 23.5 CON, 12.25 WIS, 5.75 CHA

Intro | Current Challenge Thread | Character sheet
My Personal Blog | My Food Blog

There are no failures, only learning pains

I haven't been on this thread in a while, but I just rocked 17! I've had a foot injury that's prevented me from doing much else, so pull-ups have been one of the only exercises I've been able to do. 

STR - 9 DEX - 10 STA - 12 CON - 6 WIS - 12.5 CHA - 5 Level 4 Assassin Soldier 

Current Challenge: "Becoming Oliver Queen: Part 1" 

Battle Log: "Will You Commit Yourself to This Program?" 

Epic Quest: "The List" (coming soon!) 

Мой аргумент не Ñ Ð²Ð°Ð¼Ð¸ - My argument is not with you. 

seeing a lot of assassins here, might as well throw in some Ranger Rep!

throw me in the 15+ category, but do have to tell my actual max? there's talk of targets and a good ranger never reveals all his assets right away, right? but lets just say i want my new max to be (and this is REALLY optimistic) 30 functional reps 

LVL 1  Human Ranger-- aspect of Wolf and Leopard

STR: 3       STA: 2       CON: 3       DEX: 2       WIS: 1       CHA: 4

“Therefore I will be unto them as a lion: as a leopard by the way will I observe them: / I will meet them as a bear that is bereaved of her whelps, and will rend the caul of their heart, and there will I devour them like a lion: the wild beast shall tear them.â€

fitocracy-- https://www.fitocracy.com/profile/TheBeliever

twitter-- @1Super_Human