Greetings from N Carolina!

Hey all!

My name is Kat and I'm new to the Rebellion. I found Nerd Fitness after running a search for Paleo Diet. After browsing the site and seeing the results, I have decided to dive right in and give it a go!

More about me: While I'm not necessarily a huge gaming nerd, I'm a total computer geek. I like to challenge myself and expand my mind, reading anything about everything. I love the smell of old books. I am recently unemployed and am filling my free time with trying to find new employment, freelance web/graphic design gigs, and trying to learn everything I can in hopes of increasing my skillset. I'm finally making myself learn Linux (properly learn it in Terminal), brush up on my OOP and hopefully become a better programmer, and trying to catch my Adobe and web skills up to 2012.

For this program: I'm currently hanging out around 190-200lb and very weak. I don't know how much of it is from health issues or from lack of exercise, but in the last couple of years I noticed that I quickly went from pretty strong to a delicate flower. I would like to get myself into tip-top health again. I recently made a commitment to eliminate alcohol out of my life (unhealthy social crutch) and am wanting to get my life off on a new path. I want to be able to climb stairs without being winded, fight my fatigue, and get this weight off. I'd love to get down to around 130, as that is an ideal BMI/weight for my height and stature (tiny frame).

My goal for joining the community is for inspiration, comradery, and hopefully pick up a few tips and tricks along the way. I really struggle for motivation these days and I'm hoping that I can be inspired to make the changes I've been wanting for so long! I look forward to getting to know you all.

Good luck in your endeavors! Im sure you will find that we are all a decently nice bunch. Its good that you are motivated, now all you need to do is pencil in health to your daily studies and youll be good to go!

Wandering WarriorLevel 4- STR: 7.5 | DEX: 1 | CON: 7 | STA: 7.5 | WIS: 10 | CHA: 4.25"Your future is created by what you do TODAY, not tomorrow"

Battle Log | Fitocracy

Lifting Goals: Squats - 545 | Bench - 410 | Deads - 585 

Welcome! You'll find a wealth of knowledge here as well as a great community. Feel free to ask questions and get involved!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LVL 2 MartianWarrior

STR 9/DEX 2/ STAM 3.75/ CON 3/ WIS 6/ CHA 3

"Fads come and go, but the barbell remains the same. Respect it accordingly." - Jim Wendler

"When I want to be a super hero, I just wake up" - Childish Gambino