The back on track challenge

Elfin Harvester

I opened a challenge to review a book in the challenge area. I hope you join me. I will put the reviews together in the book area afterwards, so they won't be lost. Maybe a a thread in our area just to list books would be great, too. Especially since I have much time to read this week...

I would love it if someone could take the time to put my idea of a rebel review in good english everybody understands....

Thread

2kg gone! Great! But always remember: if you fall below 50kg I might think you're a dwarf and throw you around :applause:

Fate whispers to the warrior: "You cannot withstand the storm."

The warrior whispers back:
 "
I am the storm."

Love the book review thread-- I will get there when I have a chance!!

Would love your help in our first face off with the assassins- let's show them what the Druids are made of!!

http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?18969-WEEK-ONE-BATTLE-HAS-BEEN-POSTED!

Race: Gallifreyan

Profession: Druid

Level: 6

Current Challenge:Livingroovy Comes Home

[sTR] - 16.8 // [DEX] - 12.25 // [sTA] - 16 // [CON] - 17.3 // [WIS] - 16.55 // [CHA] - 14.6

Find me on the internets: Facebook // Twitter // Kate Marolt | Play Warrior & Excitement Engineer!

End of week 2 update:

Goal 1: Despite keeping to a Paleo diet and doing loads a workin' out, I stayed at the same weight this week: 50kg.

Goal 2: 8 push ups!!

Goal 3: Made some progress with this - did some incline pull ups that we're fairly easy.

Goal 4: The weather has got miserable, but I've stayed happy (unlike last year). But, this is because I've got quite a lot of exciting and fun things going on at the moment. I'm very busy. So rather than finding contentment through being present, I'm just kind of getting through it by being 'busy'. This is sort of like turning up the music until you can't hear the screams. My meditation is even less focussed because my brain is more distracted. This is to become the goal to concentrate on for the rest of the challenge methinks....

Elfin Harvester, level 2 Druid monkSTR 6.75|DEX 3|STA 6|CON 5.25|WIS 5|CHA 5

End of week 2 update:

Goal 1: Despite keeping to a Paleo diet and doing loads a workin' out, I stayed at the same weight this week: 50kg.

Goal 2: 8 push ups!!

Goal 3: Made some progress with this - did some incline pull ups that we're fairly easy.

Goal 4: The weather has got miserable, but I've stayed happy (unlike last year). But, this is because I've got quite a lot of exciting and fun things going on at the moment. I'm very busy. So rather than finding contentment through being present, I'm just kind of getting through it by being 'busy'. This is sort of like turning up the music until you can't hear the screams. My meditation is even less focussed because my brain is more distracted. This is to become the goal to concentrate on for the rest of the challenge methinks....

Maybe you stayed the same weight because you are concerned Dwarfthrower is going to come and throw you around ?!?!?

You know what? Recognizing that you are not living/content in the present because you have so much fun and exciting stuff going on is pretty impressive. Its so easy to get caught up in the good stuff that we fail to recognize how much chaos it brings into our lives. Great job! You can do this!

Lusitanian Druid, Level 9
STR: 13 | DEX: 15 | STA: 17 | CON: 22 | WIS: 25 | CHA: 25

“We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.†- Aristotle

Current Challenge: Living the Good Life II Past: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th,  8th9th, 10th11th, 12th

Goal: 1001 Steps on the Road to a Home -> 18/348 in 2015 

5.27%
5.27%

Goal: loose 9KG in 2015 -> 1.5KG lost 

16.67%
16.67%

Yeah pushups!!

And been there with the 'busy'...somehow the first thing to go is time for ourselves and taking time to check in. You got this!

[sTR] - 16.8 // [DEX] - 12.25 // [sTA] - 16 // [CON] - 17.3 // [WIS] - 16.55 // [CHA] - 14.6

Find me on the internets: Facebook // Twitter // Kate Marolt | Play Warrior & Excitement Engineer!

I love these mini challenges - pinched my daughter's skipping rope :D

Also, have nailed one of my goals - 11 pushups.

Next stop, pull-ups GRRRR.

Awesome on all 3 comments! Do lots of skipping! Great job on the pushups! Wishing you good technique and lots of strength for the pull-ups! :D

“We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.†- Aristotle

Current Challenge: Living the Good Life II Past: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th,  8th9th, 10th11th, 12th

5.27%
5.27%

16.67%
16.67%

dayum, nice pushups. and i'm excited there is a book thread now. i have the perfect book in mind but i'm not done with it yet, so this is motivating me to finish it!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

celerity

level 1 half-elf druid

str 1 | dex 3 | sta 1 | con 2 | wis 5 | cha 3

"The apple, like the moon, has still an unseen side. The movement of Ocean will turn

it round to us, or us to it."

How are those pull-ups coming along? I am in awe of anyone that is even trying to do them. I can't even hang from a bar and hold my own weight. Cheering for you!

5.27%
5.27%

16.67%
16.67%

No idea. I havent seen anything so far. Someone joked the challenge is to figure out what the challenge is... hopefully not, because if thats the case I have no idea where to start!

Hope you have a great week!

5.27%
5.27%

16.67%
16.67%

Haha I love that the challenge is actually a secret. She said to just 'keep doing what you're doing'. Okay then!!

How's the progress coming this week?

Very late update for October 28th

Goal 1: Um, still at the same weight. Don't know why.

Goal 2: Done - 11 push ups, still going to continue with this one though - maybe get to 15?

Goal 3: Pull ups. This was a really daft goal.. I don't have anywhere to actually DO a pull up. So I did some 'hanging from the door of the gym'. (I might lose some wisdom points for choosing a goal that I can't actually work towards....)

Goal 4: Hmm, not bad, but inconsistent. I'm either falling asleep when I'm meditating or finding it hard to concentrate, so for the last week, this is the goal I really want to work on.

Just checking in... I am curious did you make the 15 pushups?

How did you go with meditation? I too fall asleep sometimes... probably not helped by the fact that I meditate in bed. lol

Here we go "deduct 1 wisdom point for setting daft goal. New WIS=4. Add 1 wisdom point for realizing and admitting to it. Back to WIS: 5!". :)

5.27%
5.27%

16.67%
16.67%
Just checking in... I am curious did you make the 15 pushups?

How did you go with meditation? I too fall asleep sometimes... probably not helped by the fact that I meditate in bed. lol

Here we go "deduct 1 wisdom point for setting daft goal. New WIS=4. Add 1 wisdom point for realizing and admitting to it. Back to WIS: 5!". :)

'Fraid not - for some reason that I can't fathom, I'm stuck on 11. It might be because I've upped my weight training over the past couple of weeks and my arms are too sore!

D'you know the meditation was pretty rubbish. I was doing OK but then lost it halfway through. But never mind - overall I'm happy with the workouts and eating plans and the mini-challenges were great fun weren't they. :smile-new:

'Fraid not - for some reason that I can't fathom, I'm stuck on 11. It might be because I've upped my weight training over the past couple of weeks and my arms are too sore!

D'you know the meditation was pretty rubbish. I was doing OK but then lost it halfway through. But never mind - overall I'm happy with the workouts and eating plans and the mini-challenges were great fun weren't they. :smile-new:

Not to worry... you'll do more than 15 soon enough. I am pretty sure upping your weight training didn't help now... but it will help long term! :D

The mini-challenges were great!

Will you be doing the next challenge? :D

5.27%
5.27%

16.67%
16.67%
I learned a lot about goal setting this go-round, too. It's going to take some thinking to figure out what will be realistic with all the extra holiday stuff. Oy.

Oh the holiday stuff... I am both anticipating and dreading it! It will be fun though!

Learning about goal setting and what works for you is half the battle. :)

5.27%
5.27%

16.67%
16.67%

Will you be doing the next challenge? :D

Chanda: Yes I'm going to do the next challenge - originally I thought no. And then (don't tell) I thought I might jump ship to the monks as I've started JKD and absolutely love it. But I love our little guild, everyone is so supportive and friendly. So I'm staying and I'm up for another challenge!! Are you in too?

LuckyMe: You are so right, I'm going to go for measurable goals this time!!

Thanks for all your support guys - here's to the next challenge :eagerness:

I am totally in! Goals are defined and its going to be Epic!

I am glad you decided to stick around. Our little guild is awesome. I too will visit other guilds in the future for refining some skills, particularly the Scouts... but will remain a Druid as my main Guild. For the next challenge or two I am a druid.

5.27%
5.27%

16.67%
16.67%

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines