Kelly’s “Take Me Back To The Start� Challenge

Hahahaha for me, it's all covered under the visit. They use it to get everything warm and loose so they can adjust better. It feels awesome, I won't lie. OH! The traction table is awesome!! I love that thing!

My hips are out of whack, too. Hips and shoulders. Stupid desk job! I really need to make an appointment to see my chiro...

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Worked a little in the yard last night. My back was killing me. Like in a shooting pains type of way. I felt like I had to move weird for it to stop hurting. I probably should have run anyway, but I was also exhausted. SO I did some yardwork and went to bed.

Have a feeling this zombie run is goign to be a huge fail. To be fair, I've trained more for this than I did Warrior Dash. But I'm also 15 pounds heavier than Warrior Dash. Sigh. And I have to do this one alone, which sucks.

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

2" washers for smaller weight increases

Like always, your thread moves too fast for me. Sorry to hear about your back - I don't really have any experience with massages or chiros or anything else, but I hope you find something that works for you. You might just surprise yourself on the Zombie run! I've only done a handful of races, but every time I have more in the tank than I think I do. Race day adrenaline is a wonderful thing! (Also, maybe it's because I'm a creepy loner, but I've never minded doing races by myself - and at least you'll have interactions with zombies and stuff, right?)

What I've noticed is that people always expect to do really poorly on these runs and always come out better than they thought. My guess: you'll do well. It does suck that you have to do it alone, but I don't think you're giving your bad ass self enough zombie avoiding credit.

I'm sorry to hear your back was extra cranky last night :(

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost

Aw man that sucks about your back! Hope it gets better and even if it does suck. Go!! Do it! And I prefer races alone also. I can go at my own pace (good and bad).

I agree with race day adrenaline. I was just trying to finish my first half and I did with 20 minutes shaved off what I expected. So much fun!

Warrior in Training - I squat, therefore I am TestChallenges Feb-March | Log | PvP one | Old Challenges three, fourfive, six

Social. MFP | Fitocracy

Worked a little in the yard last night. My back was killing me. Like in a shooting pains type of way. I felt like I had to move weird for it to stop hurting. I probably should have run anyway, but I was also exhausted. SO I did some yardwork and went to bed.

Have a feeling this zombie run is goign to be a huge fail. To be fair, I've trained more for this than I did Warrior Dash. But I'm also 15 pounds heavier than Warrior Dash. Sigh. And I have to do this one alone, which sucks.

ouch. i hate back pain. :( do you use heat? or ice? heat works for me, but not for everyone.

good job on at least getting out to the yard.

also, don't worry about the zombie run. just have fun. (and don't get dead)

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

I'm hoping the additional back pain was from the chiro. I was afraid sleeping would make my back go back to its normal cranky/achy self. So far today it's better than yesterday, but not sure if it's better overall. I did tentatively schedule a deep tissue massage next week. The massage therapist said, "You already get deep tissue massages." Haha. I like to bring the pain with massages... I think it feels good! My older sister and mom have unreal pain tolerance (for things like injuries and birthing babies). Maybe I got my pain tolerance for back massages? I'll take it!

As for the race, if it's just running, I like to do a race alone, too. I'm painfully slow and know my running friends are dying if they have to go at my pace. The Warrior Dash was so much fun with my friend, though. Neither of us trained for it, and both were somewhat intimidated by the course. So we agreed to go together. There were parts she pushed me and parts I pushed her. The nicest part, though was nice having someone to conquer the obstacles with - I'm thinking mainly of the intimidating ones. It was nice to have the distraction/support.

Also, what do you nerds think about this? I've been procrastinating painting the wall in my workout room. I'm going to make it a giant black chalkboard so these letters will be in white. I wanted to put a saying on it. Just couldn't decide on the saying. Considering doing this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5917[/ATTACH]

There are a few pre-made sayings/quotes that I like, but I couldn't get into the generic whimsical or over-used life-motivating ones. I'd rather my wall tell me to shut up and squat. (But don't want to steal from LBEB or anything.) So this is the best I coud come up with.

Edit: Also, feel free to give suggestions on wording other than white. I've considered red, gray, yellow. I shy away from black and yellow b/c those were my HS colors. But the wall will be black, and the rest of the walls are currently white. But I could change those colors, too.

Second edit: Assuming everything's to scale, this will be about 20" tall, 55" wide. (The wall is 10'X10', I think.) Also, the colors could be varied. Each line is a different "piece" of text. So for example, I could do this (using the lightest color of gray possible):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5918[/ATTACH]

post-3954-1356724519771_thumb.jpg

post-3954-135672451979_thumb.jpg

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

Also, what do you nerds think about this? I've been procrastinating painting the wall in my workout room. I'm going to make it a giant black chalkboard so these letters will be in white. I wanted to put a saying on it. Just couldn't decide on the saying. Considering doing this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5917[/ATTACH]

BADASS!

I felt like I got my ass beat when I went for my shoulder/back issue.. so it may be that. I was also extremely hungry (like I had worked out like crazy). It was weird. But a couple days later and it was all good.

So, I usually scoff at the whole chalkboard paint thing since pinterest seriously over does it (chalk board paint ALL THE THINGS!) but this is, by far, the best use of chalkboard paint, ever!

Forgive my derpness, but will the writing be permanent? Will you write other things on it with chalk? /confused face.

As far as sayings go: OBVIOUSLY, i'm a fan the one you've picked :D I think I would enjoy the option of switching them out to suit my needs.. and I bet if you put something from LBEB you could send it to them and they'd love that. Anyhow, I love your creativity. You are a home maker bad ass. For serious.

BADASS!

Hell yeah!

I felt like I got my ass beat when I went for my shoulder/back issue.. so it may be that. I was also extremely hungry (like I had worked out like crazy). It was weird. But a couple days later and it was all good.

So, I usually scoff at the whole chalkboard paint thing since pinterest seriously over does it (chalk board paint ALL THE THINGS!) but this is, by far, the best use of chalkboard paint, ever!

Forgive my derpness, but will the writing be permanent? Will you write other things on it with chalk? /confused face.

As far as sayings go: OBVIOUSLY, i'm a fan the one you've picked :D I think I would enjoy the option of switching them out to suit my needs.. and I bet if you put something from LBEB you could send it to them and they'd love that. Anyhow, I love your creativity. You are a home maker bad ass. For serious.

Well, I"m no hungrier than normal (but that's normal :)). I did HAVE to have rice today, which, for me, rice is smaller of the cheats, so I did it. Better than say, Italian restaurant with three loaves of bread and all you can eat pasta. Mmmmmm... OK, that really doesn't even sound good anymore. See, I'm making progress. Just slow as hell. Anyway, I need to call those crazy cats and make sure they got my "fake insurance" to work. If so, I might go back once I figure out how much is covered and the best way to do it. You know, because if once is good, ten times is better? ;) Jokes. He said I was really tight, so it might be good to go after my massage.

They're vinyl letters. So they're semi-permanent. You can't just peel them off and put them back on. But they allegedly come off fairly easily with a hair dryer. In the case of my bedroom, I just painted over them. :)

I plan to use the wall to record my lifts. Right now I use paper, but I really do compare and watch how much I improve. So the wall's actually functional and not just, "Let's blackboard it for the sake of it." I thought about doing a huge whiteboard, but I couldn't figure out how to do it, and I dind't really watn the board to be white. I wanted one of those black "white boards" where you use the neon markers. See, too picky.

So I'm actually going for functionality of the wall more than anything. I also plan to magnetize a 4 sqft area of the wall so I can use magnets. I've heard the magnetic paint doesn't always work well. So I"ve come to terms wih that not working.

I might also write by hand on the wall anything cool mah nerds say. Because you guys/gals inspire the crap out of me! So there's always room for that kind of thing. Plus, when someone posts something awesome, I can write it on the board and check it off. Kind of like the squat program we're doing. Or what I plan to do for sets in the future.

I was worried LBEB would be all, "COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT!" and hate me. See, I work in a world where everyone sues each other. Not good for the direction my mind goes. :)

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

That does sound seriously, 100% awesome! You are freaking brilliant. I love it. I want it. I will steal it when Boyf and I become Mr. and Mrs. and own a home with a home gym. Fo shiz.

I think your idea is fantastic!

You could probably get away with writing up a LBEB quote and adding -LBEB at the end of it without incident... I probably wouldn't use it for my main motivation only because yours is YOU and it's mega true. Also, squats save lives. Those are the two I say to myself on the regular.

Hell yeah!

Well, I"m no hungrier than normal (but that's normal :)). I did HAVE to have rice today, which, for me, rice is smaller of the cheats, so I did it. Better than say, Italian restaurant with three loaves of bread and all you can eat pasta. Mmmmmm... OK, that really doesn't even sound good anymore. See, I'm making progress. Just slow as hell. Anyway, I need to call those crazy cats and make sure they got my "fake insurance" to work. If so, I might go back once I figure out how much is covered and the best way to do it. You know, because if once is good, ten times is better? ;) Jokes. He said I was really tight, so it might be good to go after my massage.

They're vinyl letters. So they're semi-permanent. You can't just peel them off and put them back on. But they allegedly come off fairly easily with a hair dryer. In the case of my bedroom, I just painted over them. :)

I plan to use the wall to record my lifts. Right now I use paper, but I really do compare and watch how much I improve. So the wall's actually functional and not just, "Let's blackboard it for the sake of it." I thought about doing a huge whiteboard, but I couldn't figure out how to do it, and I dind't really watn the board to be white. I wanted one of those black "white boards" where you use the neon markers. See, too picky.

So I'm actually going for functionality of the wall more than anything. I also plan to magnetize a 4 sqft area of the wall so I can use magnets. I've heard the magnetic paint doesn't always work well. So I"ve come to terms wih that not working.

I might also write by hand on the wall anything cool mah nerds say. Because you guys/gals inspire the crap out of me! So there's always room for that kind of thing. Plus, when someone posts something awesome, I can write it on the board and check it off. Kind of like the squat program we're doing. Or what I plan to do for sets in the future.

I was worried LBEB would be all, "COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT!" and hate me. See, I work in a world where everyone sues each other. Not good for the direction my mind goes. :)

I call dibs on a spot on your wall for a quote! That sounds like a fantastic idea, writing your lifts up on the wall. You can put up notes explaining why you think lifts went bad, or when you are attacked by bees.

The path to Swolehalla is paved with a lot of Swolehate, and you won't get there without being Swole of Spirit too.

Race: Fiendish Blue Extension Cord

Class: Warrior
Links:  MFP  Battle Log  Current Challenge

Your workout wall sounds like it'll be awesome. I like the idea of putting up previous and future workouts so you can track on how far you've come and what you want to do next-- my log is online and I usually forget to update it and don't always remember what I did last time, especially now that I'm doing the "whatever I feel like" workout every day. :)

Apparently I'm like 14 pages behind on your thread... sorry about that. :(

LOVE the wall idea (and your quote). Sorry your family went all search party on you. ALSO, yay for chiro and deep tissue massage. I've never officially had one, but I'm like you where when they ask how much pressure I want, the answer is always MOAR.

My gym-to-be suddenly feels inadequate - that all sounds amazing.

Yeah right. Your home gym far outshines mine. You have a homemade (heavy as hell) platform. I don't even know what a platform is used for (don't judge).

That does sound seriously, 100% awesome! You are freaking brilliant. I love it. I want it. I will steal it when Boyf and I become Mr. and Mrs. and own a home with a home gym. Fo shiz.

I think your idea is fantastic!

You could probably get away with writing up a LBEB quote and adding -LBEB at the end of it without incident... I probably wouldn't use it for my main motivation only because yours is YOU and it's mega true. Also, squats save lives. Those are the two I say to myself on the regular.

Originally I wasn't too amped on the whole chalk on the wall thing b/c I didn't want chalk everywhere. Then I got chalk for mah hands for DLs. And decided, what the hell! Recording lifts on the wall. I also had a temporary consideration of doign regular old paint and sharpies. Then paint over once it's full. But for some reason decided against that. Although I still think it's a cool idea.

And the vinyl thing is ordered! I ordered it from here. Their Facebook page looked legit.

It was $80. Yeesh. But hpefully it's soo cool it's worth the dollars!

I call dibs on a spot on your wall for a quote! That sounds like a fantastic idea, writing your lifts up on the wall. You can put up notes explaining why you think lifts went bad, or when you are attacked by bees.

Hell yeah! See, right now I can't keep you all near me in spirit b/c where do I write the awesome down? NOW there will be a home.

Apparently I'm like 14 pages behind on your thread... sorry about that. :(

LOVE the wall idea (and your quote). Sorry your family went all search party on you. ALSO, yay for chiro and deep tissue massage. I've never officially had one, but I'm like you where when they ask how much pressure I want, the answer is always MOAR.

Ugh. My family. In related news, I found 80 acres of land WITH a house (built in 2001, so not even a 1910 farmhouse, which I think are really cute, but so hard to fix up or maintain) for $150K. Hell yeah. I feel liek this is my motivation to really focus on eventually getting where I want to be: my own house out in the country. I mean 80 acres. I could host weddings there! :)

And no worries on being behind. I try to sneak on here when I can and read threads, but there are so many people, and not enough hours in the day. I need an assistant to read all of the posts and report back to me. AND write clever replies. The dream.

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

Ugh. My family. In related news, I found 80 acres of land WITH a house (built in 2001, so not even a 1910 farmhouse, which I think are really cute, but so hard to fix up or maintain) for $150K. Hell yeah. I feel liek this is my motivation to really focus on eventually getting where I want to be: my own house out in the country. I mean 80 acres. I could host weddings there! :)

And no worries on being behind. I try to sneak on here when I can and read threads, but there are so many people, and not enough hours in the day. I need an assistant to read all of the posts and report back to me. AND write clever replies. The dream.

What?! I want it! Houses here are ridiculous, I'm not used to living in suburb type areas anyway, but tack on all of the houses costing $150K for a house with half an acre and I get a little insulted. I've already got sooo many things planned out for when I own land. Orchards, livestock, gardens, all there for me to eat... mmm.

tumblr_m7qxp3FUUu1r7mlsyo9_250.gif

The path to Swolehalla is paved with a lot of Swolehate, and you won't get there without being Swole of Spirit too.

What?! I want it! Houses here are ridiculous, I'm not used to living in suburb type areas anyway, but tack on all of the houses costing $150K for a house with half an acre and I get a little insulted. I've already got sooo many things planned out for when I own land. Orchards, livestock, gardens, all there for me to eat... mmm.

tumblr_m7qxp3FUUu1r7mlsyo9_250.gif

This is waaaay rural Kansas (read: normal people aren't intersted). Everyone i tell about it says I'm crazy. I mean, I realize Kansas has a crazy low cost of living. But this is WAY LOW. Anything in an area near a "real" city (Wichita or KC) or a "somewhat city" (like Salina, Topeka, etc.) would cost 10 times that.

Plus I have no idea if this land is "farmable." Meaning, in some cases, I could lease out parts of the land to someone who wants to farm. But I have no idea if that would work here. Or if the land would work for an orchard or anything of the like. I think in most parts of Kansas, land does a decent garden. Oh, and the house isn't totally done. It's framed and it sounds like electrical andall of that is done. But only two bedrooms, one bath and the kitchen are complete. But it has a basement (necessary in Kansas. Double-necessary if you're miles from civilization!). And a deck. And rolling countryside for sunrises AND sunsets. I'm in. Where do I sign?!?!

It's 1 1/2 hours from my family. I can live with that. I could still visit for anything with little to no thought. BUT they wouldn't show up to my house unannounced (hopefully). Plus, you think I could build a moat? I've always wanted a moat. ;)

Plus, more privacy. And more quiet. And like you said: orchards, livestock, gardens, etc. I can't even have a garden in my yard now. And I can't paint my damn house the color I want! Get off mah back! I need space!

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

This is waaaay rural Kansas (read: normal people aren't intersted). Everyone i tell about it says I'm crazy. I mean, I realize Kansas has a crazy low cost of living. But this is WAY LOW. Anything in an area near a "real" city (Wichita or KC) or a "somewhat city" (like Salina, Topeka, etc.) would cost 10 times that.

Plus I have no idea if this land is "farmable." Meaning, in some cases, I could lease out parts of the land to someone who wants to farm. But I have no idea if that would work here. Or if the land would work for an orchard or anything of the like. I think in most parts of Kansas, land does a decent garden. Oh, and the house isn't totally done. It's framed and it sounds like electrical andall of that is done. But only two bedrooms, one bath and the kitchen are complete. But it has a basement (necessary in Kansas. Double-necessary if you're miles from civilization!). And a deck. And rolling countryside for sunrises AND sunsets. I'm in. Where do I sign?!?!

It's 1 1/2 hours from my family. I can live with that. I could still visit for anything with little to no thought. BUT they wouldn't show up to my house unannounced (hopefully). Plus, you think I could build a moat? I've always wanted a moat. ;)

Plus, more privacy. And more quiet. And like you said: orchards, livestock, gardens, etc. I can't even have a garden in my yard now. And I can't paint my damn house the color I want! Get off mah back! I need space!

Cost of living is really low here too, I just happen to live in the one part of the state that doesn't realize that. The area I'm from 150K would get a respectable amount of land, but usually there is timber on larger acreages of land, and that drives the price up. And I'm used to small towns, the community I grew up in has about 50 people living there, and the nearest town was about 2,000 people.

There was a lot here for sale last year that was 15 acres I think and it had a 3bed 2 bath farmhouse on it, and they only wanted 130K or so, but I got the feeling it was pretty run down, which isn't a deal breaker for me since I enjoy working on things like that. But it was about a 40 minute drive from my office, which means during rush hour it would probably be an hour and a half or so to get there and back. Not my idea of a good time.

Cost of living is really low here too, I just happen to live in the one part of the state that doesn't realize that. The area I'm from 150K would get a respectable amount of land, but usually there is timber on larger acreages of land, and that drives the price up. And I'm used to small towns, the community I grew up in has about 50 people living there, and the nearest town was about 2,000 people.

There was a lot here for sale last year that was 15 acres I think and it had a 3bed 2 bath farmhouse on it, and they only wanted 130K or so, but I got the feeling it was pretty run down, which isn't a deal breaker for me since I enjoy working on things like that. But it was about a 40 minute drive from my office, which means during rush hour it would probably be an hour and a half or so to get there and back. Not my idea of a good time.

When I move out to wherever I move, I'm downgrading my job. Or upgrading, depending on how you look at it. Probably a total waste of college education, but I'm over the corporate world and want to get a less craptastic job. So I'd find something in town, where people don't treat me like crap, and I don't take the stress home at night. I might be romanticizing such things, but I hope they exist. I know they pay less, but I don't want to spend my life unhappy.

I officially started calling this place "the farm" and saying things like "into town" tonight. I think this is my destiny!

Anyone want to start a nerd commune in Kansas?!?

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

I'm afraid I am not in Kansas. You have a great attitude going towards life. I hope you find the perfect downgrade job to upgrade your life! :D

Lusitanian Druid, Level 9
STR: 13 | DEX: 15 | STA: 17 | CON: 22 | WIS: 25 | CHA: 25

“We are what we repeatedly do; excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.†- Aristotle

Current Challenge: Living the Good Life II Past: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th,  8th9th, 10th11th, 12th

Goal: 1001 Steps on the Road to a Home -> 18/348 in 2015 

5.27%
5.27%

Goal: loose 9KG in 2015 -> 1.5KG lost 

16.67%
16.67%
When I move out to wherever I move, I'm downgrading my job. Or upgrading, depending on how you look at it. Probably a total waste of college education, but I'm over the corporate world and want to get a less craptastic job. So I'd find something in town, where people don't treat me like crap, and I don't take the stress home at night. I might be romanticizing such things, but I hope they exist. I know they pay less, but I don't want to spend my life unhappy.

I officially started calling this place "the farm" and saying things like "into town" tonight. I think this is my destiny!

overall life happiness is very often a job benefit that's greatly overlooked.:)

“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

i like the wall idea. i think LBEB wouldn't mind if you used one of their slogans. i mean, it's for personal use. in your HOUSE.

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

My friends and I have a nerd commune (we're not able to be in the same place at the moment due to... complications) but once we have a place we can all live we're wanting to settle in a city because most of us hate to drive and want excellent public transportation or things we need to get to to be in walking distance.

You basically summed up my thoughts here. I'm so sick of living in this city. I feel like (and boston folks, feel free to chime in) that people just didn't treat each other so poorly when I lived in Boston. Here, in general, I'm treated like meat or sh*t. The over all "feel" of the city is unpleasant. It's encouraging me to move. A lot. Seriously, maybe I'll just open a coffee shop in rural NC...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines