MEN ONLY THREAD part two

754710-img-1395636001-7.jpg

A couple thoughts on this thread now that I'm back. First off I'd like to say that the term "lady boy" is being thrown around in the same vein as faggot and I don't like it. NF accepts ALL people regardless of what's on the surface. Along those same lines the people pictured above are in fact women and I for one think they're beautiful. Gender is in your mind and if your mind and heart tell you you're a woman that's in fact who you are.

I'm not expecting nor am I even asking anyone to be comfortable with it. If trans people make you uncomfortable that's also who YOU are.

I'm asking that we ditch the demeaning terminology and remember that they are people. That's all.

• Like 2

"I like you just the way you are" - Mr. Rogers

In Br0din's name we gain.

A couple thoughts on this thread now that I'm back. First off I'd like to say that the term "lady boy" is being thrown around in the same vein as faggot and I don't like it.

I don't think anyone in this thread is using the term "lady boy" intended as an insult.

Quare? Quod vita mea non tua est.

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Sixteen or just plain 161803398874989.

This is the term my friends used to identify themselves in Thailand. I did not mean to use it in any demeaning way. 

I apologize if the term I used or the way I spoke about the LGBT community may have offended you or anybody. I will take into account next time that this is a very sensitive issue, and I should treat it with more respect.  

I didn't get the impression it was used in a derogatory manner either.

I texted a buddy and he said he has never heard that phrase used in a pejorative manner, but more as a self identifier similar to drag queen.  He mentioned that some of them might be trans.. but many would be highly offended if you labeled them trans.  He also mentioned me using the phrase "trans" as a straight man could be perceived as offensive, much in the same way people could perceive "Jew" shortened from "Jewish" as demeaning, and stated the use of some words are acceptable within the community, but if you don't self identify with that group, they're taboo.

Pretty much everyone knows the obvious offensive derogatives, none of which were used in the past few posts of this thread, but there is a whole gray area of words that some people find offensive, some don't.  Some self identify with that label, some don't.  For example Flex you seem to be implying the Lady Boys are transgender or transsexual, but some of them could be highly offended by that because some consider themselves a completely distinct third gender.  To them, they're not trans-anything and would be appalled by that implication.

As a straight guy I don't pretend to understand the difficulty that living in this society as a LGBTA person can entail, but I'll fight for the rights of any person who identifies in that group to live their lives however they will. With that said, I don't think it's fair to label genuine confusion that exists for people who are outside of that community as intolerance, bigotry or hatred.  You can't expect everyone to know every word someone might find offensive, that doesn't mean it's ok to begin using those phrases carte blanche, but it also doesn't mean just because they're used there is an offensive intent behind them.

• Like 3

I didn't get the impression it was used in a derogatory manner either.

I texted a buddy and he said he has never heard that phrase used in a pejorative manner, but more as a self identifier similar to drag queen.  He mentioned that some of them might be trans.. but many would be highly offended if you labeled them trans.  He also mentioned me using the phrase "trans" as a straight man could be perceived as offensive, much in the same way people could perceive "Jew" shortened from "Jewish" as demeaning, and stated the use of some words are acceptable within the community, but if you don't self identify with that group, they're taboo.

Pretty much everyone knows the obvious offensive derogatives, none of which were used in the past few posts of this thread, but there is a whole gray area of words that some people find offensive, some don't.  Some self identify with that label, some don't.  For example Flex you seem to be implying the Lady Boys are transgender or transsexual, but some of them could be highly offended by that because some consider themselves a completely distinct third gender.  To them, they're not trans-anything and would be appalled by that implication.

As a straight guy I don't pretend to understand the difficulty that living in this society as a LGBTA person can entail, but I'll fight for the rights of any person who identifies in that group to live their lives however they will. With that said, I don't think it's fair to label genuine confusion that exists for people who are outside of that community as intolerance, bigotry or hatred.  You can't expect everyone to know every word someone might find offensive, that doesn't mean it's ok to begin using those phrases carte blanche, but it also doesn't mean just because they're used there is an offensive intent behind them.

The reason for my comments was that there was some concern from the LGBTQA people on NF that we weren't being all that sensitive in this thread. I just wanted to be sure that that wasn't the case. 

Also you are 100% correct that men who cross dress and transgender females are not the same thing and I was incorrect in assuming they were transgender.

"I like you just the way you are" - Mr. Rogers

In Br0din's name we gain.

I dont want to be "that girl" here, but holy crap lets at least get our facts straight:

1) Ladyboys aren't by default transgender / transsexual women but that is definitely the most common situation. Doubly so if given the following

especially if they takes hormones pre-puberty.

and for the sake of clarity, as a third gender they'd still fall under the Trans* umbrella.  

2) The people in the linked photo are contestants of the 2014 Miss Tiffany Universe beauty pageant. A pageant for transgender and transsexual women. They are women. They are not males who look like women, they not trying to trick you into having sex with them. 

3) The use of the term ladyboy is not why I originally brought this up in the LGBTQ thread, it's the casual cissexism that goes along with lines like "look for the adams apple", "never date a girl with big hands", or "i met a nice girl in thailand - are you sure?". You don't have to be attracted to or want to sleep with trans people, but when you say things like this, you are erasing peoples identities and boiling them down to their history or genitalia. Please understand how degrading that is.

source: dated and slept with her fair share of trans people, and friends to many more. 

• Like 2

It's the moose on the inside that counts.

I dont want to be "that girl" here, but holy crap lets at least get our facts straight:

1) Ladyboys aren't by default transgender / transsexual women but that is definitely the most common situation. Doubly so if given the following

and for the sake of clarity, as a third gender they'd still fall under the Trans* umbrella.  

2) The people in the linked photo are contestants of the 2014 Miss Tiffany Universe beauty pageant. A pageant for transgender and transsexual women. They are women. They are not males who look like women, they not trying to trick you into having sex with them. 

3) The use of the term ladyboy is not why I originally brought this up in the LGBTQ thread, it's the casual cissexism that goes along with lines like "look for the adams apple", "never date a girl with big hands", or "i met a nice girl in thailand - are you sure?". You don't have to be attracted to or want to sleep with trans people, but when you say things like this, you are erasing peoples identities and boiling them down to their history or genitalia. Please understand how degrading that is.

source: dated and slept with her fair share of trans people, and friends to many more. 

Thank you for clarifying this and better my understanding of the LGBTQ perceptions in these comments. I will be more sensitive in making these comments in the future. I apologize again for hurting any feelings from my ignorance.   

Agreed. I don't know how we got onto the topic of using the term ladyboy. And while, I hardly think anyone here was using it intentionally to be derogatory, I do think it would behoove all of us to be more careful with our terminology. Words have power and can bring bad (or good) with them.

I just read through the last two pages of the LGBTQA thread. Is this thread really being called a jerky-hetero-bro-type safe space? I mean, yes, obviously the majority of this thread is going to be about cisgender hetero male interests, simply because that's the majority of males. However, that does not mean that there isn't room for other interests, and as people have demonstrated we're open to that.

• Like 1

Quare? Quod vita mea non tua est.

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Sixteen or just plain 161803398874989.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone and trust me after being called Fag everyday from 5th grade to the time I graduated highschool I do have a great understanding of how hurtful words can be and would never call anyone or imply anything of anyone

As for the term ladyboy no one meant offense, it's a cultural misunderstanding. The Third Gender: Documentary on Thailands Trans Community it goes on to explain it better than I can, basically it goes to explain that Transgender is a western term and that they go by Kahotey, Lady(ies), Ladyboys and various other things

As for the "adams apple joke" it was a crude joke that I am sorry for

and I am not sorry for the never date a girl with big hands joke, only because you can change one word and it becomes a catch all dick joke, never date a guy with big hands, never date a kahotey with big hands, never date a gorilla with big hands, and it's all because they will make your dick look smaller, that is the joke, a frail male ego joke.

• Like 1

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

never date a gorilla with big hands

Truer words have never been spoken...  

So I hear...  

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Hrm, we could just clone them, might be easier than fracturing the space time continuum.

Then we could start a whole T-rex steak line. T-rex ribs, boneless T-rex breasts etc. Think how much you could make off people who eat paleo...

Think your paleo diet rocks? Not until you're eating our T-rex mignon! It's a gold mine waiting to happen.

• Like 1

Hrm, we could just clone them, might be easier than fracturing the space time continuum.

Then we could start a whole T-rex steak line. T-rex ribs, boneless T-rex breasts etc. Think how much you could make off people who eat paleo...

Think your paleo diet rocks? Not until you're eating our T-rex mignon! It's a gold mine waiting to happen.

https://www.dinosaurbarbque.com/

Challenges: Current:Quilaho's L1 Challenge

Battle Log:Q's Warrior Path

BodySpace | MyFitnessPal

LinkedIn | TwitterFacebook

Please send me a message here at NF if you are going to send a request