MEN ONLY THREAD part two

I used to get laughed at, or just disbelieving stares, when I started buying running shoes.  I could tell the thought process was along the lines of "Uhm... you... run?"

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

I used to get laughed at, or just disbelieving stares, when I started buying running shoes.  I could tell the thought process was along the lines of "Uhm... you... run?"

Haha. My friend who shoe-shops when he is stressed complained that I buy shoes very often (and my shoes are always "so-o-o out of fashion").

They're running shoes. I buy it every six months or so. Deal with it.  

I think I need to get a pair or shoes that aren't skate shoes or work/hiking boots, that aren't meant for Church, but really why bother; and is this just another sign of growing old?

If so... then I was old a long time ago.... Though for me it's not skate shoes, but flip flops...

1 pair boots, 1 pair flip flops, 1 pair work shoes (could double for church shoes if I went)

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Ha I got laughed at for getting a pair of squat shoes the other day. I was like: "bro, you don't even squat 1-plate, so shut up".

which ones did you get? I think my Nike Romaleos 2 are my favourite shoes, so well made and great to lift in, they don't look that cool down the pub though :lol:

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Romaleos are amazing. I have a pair and they hold up nicely to the 6 day a week sessions I have. Heavy as all heck though. Took some getting used to when adjusting foot timing for the snatch and clean and jerk.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Romaleos are amazing. I have a pair and they hold up nicely to the 6 day a week sessions I have. Heavy as all heck though. Took some getting used to when adjusting foot timing for the snatch and clean and jerk.

Funny you should say that, I got some Nano 4's last week and got a clean PR the first time I wore them. Felt much lighter on my feet like I could move into position faster. The ROMS are unreal for squats though, so solid. 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

I think I need to get a pair or shoes that aren't skate shoes or work/hiking boots, that aren't meant for Church, but really why bother; and is this just another sign of growing old?

You can wear those skate shoes into your 50s now.  So do it with me.

• Like 1

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

which ones did you get? I think my Nike Romaleos 2 are my favourite shoes, so well made and great to lift in, they don't look that cool down the pub though :lol:

Well I got Adidas Power Perfect 2's (leftover stock), but they turned out to be completely the wrong size so I had to send them back. I'm still planning on driving over to a store that sells squat shoes (it's about 30km so not too far), but haven't actually got around to doing it yet.

Quare? Quod vita mea non tua est.

You can call me Phi, Numbers, Sixteen or just plain 161803398874989.

Does anyone do commission based work?  I mean, like, sales, whether used cars or some kind of Multi-Level Marketing?  I'm trying to get another source of income so I don't have to constantly be at my grocery store making $9/hr, especially when my hours get cut drastically any time I request a day off.  If I work 30 hours on a given week, and I request one day off, why do I get 3 days off?  Mind boggling.

However, the reason I ask is because I'm wondering if anyone has ever been accused of being part of a ponzi or a pyramid scheme.  I found an MLM called Arbonne which is a vegan and paleo friendly nutrition line, and a vegan, animal cruelty free skin care and makeup line, available in 4 countries.  You pay the start up fee, get a ton of sample products, then tell people about it, and if they like it, they purchase it.  I study the meaning of ponzi and pyramid scheme and then look at my friend who I signed up under, and how she goes from making a few hundred bucks, to making a few thousand bucks, to making enough money to go to Aruba with her family, without going into debt in the process.  Why do people consider these things schemes, when it's just products that aren't sold in stores?  What convinced people to fear them so much?

"Impossible is not a fact, it's an opinion.  Impossible is not a declaration, it's a dare.  Impossible is potential, impossible is temporary, impossible is NOTHING." -Muhammad Ali

"The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision." -Hellen Keller

Ferocity (2),  2 Becoming Capable, Becoming a Ranger

Did you do any research before you signed up? Was there an education or qualification process at all?

For myself, if the Federal Trade Commission, the Better Business Bureau, or any other regulatory body gives them the green light then I'd just let the matter lie.

You can't win an argument, and a man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

Battle Log - MyFitnessPal - FitBIt

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

Does anyone do commission based work? I mean, like, sales, whether used cars or some kind of Multi-Level Marketing? I'm trying to get another source of income so I don't have to constantly be at my grocery store making $9/hr, especially when my hours get cut drastically any time I request a day off. If I work 30 hours on a given week, and I request one day off, why do I get 3 days off? Mind boggling.

However, the reason I ask is because I'm wondering if anyone has ever been accused of being part of a ponzi or a pyramid scheme. I found an MLM called Arbonne which is a vegan and paleo friendly nutrition line, and a vegan, animal cruelty free skin care and makeup line, available in 4 countries. You pay the start up fee, get a ton of sample products, then tell people about it, and if they like it, they purchase it. I study the meaning of ponzi and pyramid scheme and then look at my friend who I signed up under, and how she goes from making a few hundred bucks, to making a few thousand bucks, to making enough money to go to Aruba with her family, without going into debt in the process. Why do people consider these things schemes, when it's just products that aren't sold in stores? What convinced people to fear them so much?

They have a bad reputation because most of the real money happens as you 'build your downline', ie, recruit other people, which turns a lot of people off. They all have products that can be sold (or they would be true ponzi schemes) There are some very successful companies built around multilevel marketing. Amway, Mary Kay Cosmetics, Avon, Tupperware are all examples. There are many more that have made big promises, but not delivered.

Sent from my SM-P905V using Tapatalk

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

I've worked commission jobs pretty much my whole life. Nothing like a MLM though.

I've had a few friends ask me to do things like this. I never liked the idea of it because I never wanted to harass friends, family and coworkers about buying or signing up.

In theory every job is a pyramid where money more or less moves up the pyramid but like wildross said, there have been some very successful, very legit MLMs

MLM's to stay away from? Any MLM that specifically tells you to 'Get down line and you'll get rich."; if you are looking for a good MLM, make sure it is an amazing product; if you can sell the 'product' you don't need down line; if you can sell the product 'and' get down line? That can be a bonus; do the research, get knowledgeable about the product AND the company.

MLM have a big 'red x' on them from all the bad out there; but there are legit ones, just hard to break that barrier with some people.

-Purple_Panda

you guys are talking about mlm, and all I can hear is the stupid radio commercials dealing with flipping houses, real estate: yea I know that's more of a pyramid scheme than an actually mlm

I have never participated in one, but I have friends that did Avon, Mary Kay and basically it became almost a full time job for them with constantly trying to chase leads, set up parties; after being told that it would be a part time job

I also have a friend that makes a killing having Passion parties, around the holidays and Valentines day, like she makes enough money that she normally buys her kids x-mas presents with the extra cash

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

In my experience it all depends on the mentorship you receive from people who are successful at it. I know several multi-millionaires who got their fortune from networking with an MLM and they never put in more than a part-time effort. And a lot of the "effort" they do put in involves mentoring people their building friendships with on how to get their lives and relationships sorted out.

As long as you do your research and network with a legitimate, legal company, it is entirely possible to use an MLM to replace or vastly outstrip your current income, and help others do the same if you're a man of integrity, committed to a personal growth plan, and raise other leaders up behind you.

And depending on how your MLM company structures it's bonus system, you won't even have to go door to door begging for sales and become one of "those" people that make the rest of us look bad.

Best of luck dude :)

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

It's all good dude, that stuff is frustrating as all get-out. My personal pet-peeve is people who complain about their finances but say that they're not interested in changing anything to improve their standing. Or "really really want to." but don't have ANY spare time or money because they need to drink a case of beer, smoke a pack of cigarettes, and watch reruns of Alf for the 40th time or their day is ruined. I find it gets easier to tell these people to "Can it because you wouldn't change even if i gave you the chance. Oh wait, I did. You weren't interested."

I experience that WAY too much in my life between work ( im in the public sector in the same building as human services... fill in the rest *facepalm* ) and personal life too.  One good example of this is one of my friends.  He constantly says yes when I plan a pub crawl, brewery tours, distillery visits (notice a pattern yet?) but backs out the week leading up to it because he "doesn't have the money this week".  Yet I see him on Foursquare/Facebook checking in at every fast food joint you can think of at least 4-5 days a week.  No money... come on man.

Oh and BTW, +1 for Alf .... at least he isn't watching Bravo.

"Man, we're so broke this month! Our brand new F-350 Super Duty with the 'No Pipelines!' bumper sticker is in the shop again, so we can only take one car on vacation! Who wants to watch our kids for free for a few days?"

• Like 1

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

It's a thinking problem, for sure. People are so busy being busy and climbing the ladder that they need stop to see what building the ladder is leaning against.

One of the funnies things I've heard recently is a fictional dialogue that a man used to summarize is life up until he got his thinking straight:

Wife: "honey where are we going?"

Husband: "I have no idea baby, but we are making GREAT time!"

• Like 1

Yeah, I mean, the products are great; as long as I have the "fizz sticks" in my house, I don't have to drink soda.  I keep two boxes in my work locker and two boxes in my cabinets.  The face wash and aftershave feel great and aren't full of allergenic chemical perfumes and dyes, and the top sellers of the company test the new products before they're sold; they're not tested on "paid test monkeys" or animals or anything/one else.  The protein is clean, non-gmo, gluten and soy free and vegan, so pretty much anyone can use it, and all the candy replacements and such are sweetened with stevia.

...and now that I've sold you all on these products, just message me your credit card numbers. :D kidding, kidding.  But seriously, I wouldn't sell a product unless I liked it enough beforehand.  I did it with the knife brand Cutco, and I didn't do well with it because I didn't like the guy I signed up under, but I know two people who do it full time under the same man who are doing ridiculously well, and I'm happy for them.  The products are legitimate, it's just, people hate entrepreneurship, I guess.

"Impossible is not a fact, it's an opinion.  Impossible is not a declaration, it's a dare.  Impossible is potential, impossible is temporary, impossible is NOTHING." -Muhammad Ali

"The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision." -Hellen Keller

A lot of Pyramid schemes seem to rely on getting your friends involved. Anything where you have to try to sell stuff to your friends is probably going to compromise the relationship in one way or another at some point. 

Basically as long as it comes with a free model boat you can't go wrong ;)

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

I love that scene.  That movie is ridiculous.

It's weird that a friend can't show a friend a product, to me.  I think the seller might hinder the relationship more if they're putting too much emotion into the product, but at the same time, if you play a video game or eat at a restaurant or read a book or watch a movie, and you love it, you're going to tell your friends all about it, right?  They're going to spend money on it, too.  What's wrong with doing that, but instead of that money going to some random corporation or chain restaurant company, it goes to you, someone your friend theoretically trusts, appreciates, and wants to see succeed?  Friendship confuses me.  I swear I'm going to become a recluse if America goes to crap.

I love that scene.  That movie is ridiculous.

It's weird that a friend can't show a friend a product, to me.  I think the seller might hinder the relationship more if they're putting too much emotion into the product, but at the same time, if you play a video game or eat at a restaurant or read a book or watch a movie, and you love it, you're going to tell your friends all about it, right?  They're going to spend money on it, too.  What's wrong with doing that, but instead of that money going to some random corporation or chain restaurant company, it goes to you, someone your friend theoretically trusts, appreciates, and wants to see succeed?  Friendship confuses me.  I swear I'm going to become a recluse if America goes to crap.

I don't think it so much the showing of the product, it's the constant "Buy it" spiel... Friend of mine does something like this MLM thing, and he did it perfectly. Told me about it, handed me a card, said "If you want some let me know" and that was that. He hasn't mentioned it again since... if every time I talked to him he'd try and sell me on it, it would get annoying...

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Put it this way, I'd be less likely to trust your opinion of a product if there was an incentive for you to convince me it was worth paying you for it.

These situations can also get really uncomfortable really quickly if there ends up being a problem with the product. This is why they say never sell your car to a friend. I've seen someone buy a lemon from a friend and it caused some trust issues afterwards 'he must have known' vs 'I had no idea'.

• Like 1

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Hey guys, just wondering if any if you brew your own beer? The craft beer thing is finally taking off in Sydney, so I think it should be pretty easy to source decent hops, etc.

What I'd like to know is what startup costs/equipment are involved?

I'm not a huge drinker but it would be awesome to have some decent beer within arm's reach :)

• Like 1

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)