MEN ONLY THREAD part two

2 hours ago, Nomad Jay said:

Depends on who's going to use it and why. I'm generally against the taking of human life, but I recognize that in some circumstances it's the least-worst answer to the problem set. Also, what do we classify as "humane"? From what I understand of, two rounds to the back of the head is fairly humane for the exeutionee, but tended to have a negative psychological effect on the executioner.

This is along the lines I was thinking. It's not about being humane so much as the termination of a life and the loss it creates around it. I would also add that this counts for both homicide and suicide. If you're in a place where you are thinking of yourself, please talk to someone. That message is to anyone who may read it. Call 1-800-273-8255 for a free, confidential professional if you're having thoughts now. If it's been a longer running theme, talk to your doctor. If you have no one else, you can PM me and I'll get you my phone number and we can talk but it won't be immediate and I'm not a professional, just a concerned human and someone who has been there. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You can't spell Slaughter without laughter

I was reading a story on another long drawn out execution requiring hard to come by drugs; the death being long and drawn out. That's what spurred this topic. Unpopular as the topic is the Death Penalty has been around since the dawn of Humans; it's not going anywhere. Killing someone is never going to be easy,  but if you could make it more surgical, where as you only have to strap them to a chair in which a computer then would take over; so less than what happens now with the drugs and the death itself is quick, no suffering and little in the way of clean up, no smell, no unhooking iv lines, just unstrap and bag.

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

3 hours ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

when he makes a fat woman commen

Belittling someone based on appearance is unmanly no matter the appearance of the person doing the belittling. I do agree with you that it's particularly hypocritical when the belittler is also big.

• Like 4

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

On 11/9/2018 at 9:44 PM, Frost of the Gloaming said:

I think a man should have his man card revoked when he makes a fat woman comment when he himself is 100+lbs overweight and isn't really a catch either. look in the f'n mirror buddy

... yup... how weak is a man if he has to point out perceived faults in another just to make himself feel better ?

brings to mind one of my fave quotes as of late:

gplus-578859266.jpg

• Like 5

Remember that sensory deprivation causes hallucinations

On 11/9/2018 at 5:58 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Belittling someone based on appearance is unmanly no matter the appearance of the person doing the belittling.

Random strangers, yes. My male buddies are still fair game as far as I'm concerned. Particularly comb-overs. I'm grey-haired and you're bald, just accept it.

• Like 1

"If you would improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus

"You just gotta listen to your body, unless it's saying anything about stopping, pain, your joints, or needing water."

Level 20 Pilgrim (Adventurer 7, Assassin 3, Druid 2, Monk 10, Ranger 5, Rebel 9, Scout 10, Warrior 4)

awkward boner story; so I was in an accident when I was younger (which instead of death is what I wish on all of my enemies) which fucked with my lower back; so while taking an athletic yoga class we were in child pose and I felt my hips and lower back release; everything got warm and I realized that I couldn't uh stand up for a few minutes, nothing like feeling like a creep in  yoga; I think the only thing worse would have been if I shit or pissed myself lmao

• Haha 1

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

Not sure if this has been covered anywhere in this thread, but:

Question The First: Beard grooming.  For the first time ever, I have a beard that could legally be called a beard.  It's still scraggly, though. Does anyone have tips for taking care of it?

Question The Second: Shaving the dome. I told myself that when the thinning on top got to a certain point, I'd just bic it all and try to figure out my new aesthetic.  But now I have a beard.  I don't wanna go full shiny goatee, like my avatar, but I don't know where to STOP shaving, once I start shaving the top of my head. Where should the beard end? Does anyone have any good tips for that?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Back N9ne said:

Not sure if this has been covered anywhere in this thread, but:

Question The First: Beard grooming.  For the first time ever, I have a beard that could legally be called a beard.  It's still scraggly, though. Does anyone have tips for taking care of it?

Question The Second: Shaving the dome. I told myself that when the thinning on top got to a certain point, I'd just bic it all and try to figure out my new aesthetic.  But now I have a beard.  I don't wanna go full shiny goatee, like my avatar, but I don't know where to STOP shaving, once I start shaving the top of my head. Where should the beard end? Does anyone have any good tips for that?

Thanks!

Answer the first: I trim out the 'scraggly' if they are sparse, long, weird hairs. I tend to put the guard on my beard trimmer to the longest setting and hit my whole jawline and cheeks. A moisturizing facial cleanser is a good help (I think Bad Dog (maybe big dog) makes one I get from walgreens/CVS. Works pretty well, sometimes I'll use a T-gel if I'm getting flaky).

Answer the second: honestly, the beard should end where ever you deem it to end. If it were me, I still have hair on top, I'd leave beard where ever beard was. On my noggin, that'd be near the top of the junction of ear to head (where there is a little break between hair hanging down and where it starts to 'grow' down). I ran a full goatee for awhile, went full beard cause I hate shaving

• Like 1

Fitbit username: farflight   (would love to have more people on there)

Getting life in order is a challenge worth doing.

Happiness is the journey, not the destination (took me forever to learn that)

Shaving & beards. I have an opinion, but it's just me. I shave my head every other day. Not balding (maybe a getting a little thin right on top) but I have thick, curly hair. Anything longer than a high & tight and I end up with an ugly perm. I grew a handlebar mustache last year and I kind of like it. I may grow back my Van Dyke, and once I hit a lower weight, shave the handlebar.

Also, and this is just me. 

A goatee is a style of facial hair incorporating hair on a man's chin but not his cheeks.

A Van Dyke specifically consists of any growth of both a moustache and goatee with all hair on the cheeks shaven.

No moustache = Goatee

Moustache & beard = Van Dyke

Look me up!  MapMyFitness       MyFitnessPal       Fitbit

On 6/18/2019 at 6:57 AM, MrUgly72 said:

Shaving & beards. I have an opinion, but it's just me. I shave my head every other day. Not balding (maybe a getting a little thin right on top) but I have thick, curly hair. Anything longer than a high & tight and I end up with an ugly perm. I grew a handlebar mustache last year and I kind of like it. I may grow back my Van Dyke, and once I hit a lower weight, shave the handlebar.

Also, and this is just me. 

A goatee is a style of facial hair incorporating hair on a man's chin but not his cheeks.

A Van Dyke specifically consists of any growth of both a moustache and goatee with all hair on the cheeks shaven.

No moustache = Goatee

Moustache & beard = Van Dyke

Huh, according to beardology.com there's a full goatee and a pure goatee. I've always called mine a regular goatee but it's actually called the full goatee (moustache + chin connected and no cheeks)

Link: https://beardoholic.com/goatee-styles/

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

On 5/14/2019 at 2:24 PM, farflight said:

Answer the first: I trim out the 'scraggly' if they are sparse, long, weird hairs. I tend to put the guard on my beard trimmer to the longest setting and hit my whole jawline and cheeks. A moisturizing facial cleanser is a good help (I think Bad Dog (maybe big dog) makes one I get from walgreens/CVS. Works pretty well, sometimes I'll use a T-gel if I'm getting flaky).

Answer the second: honestly, the beard should end where ever you deem it to end. If it were me, I still have hair on top, I'd leave beard where ever beard was. On my noggin, that'd be near the top of the junction of ear to head (where there is a little break between hair hanging down and where it starts to 'grow' down). I ran a full goatee for awhile, went full beard cause I hate shaving

I've been shaving my head for a decade.  Grew a VanDyke about 4 years ago.  Do what makes you confident.

• Like 1

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

3 minutes ago, Capt Frost said:

Ahhhhh when you shave and instantly regret it....when even your kids say you look weird and your wife who was on board with the idea was like yea no grow it back..... so good time for a challenge as it grows back, which should be about 3 weeks to look good and 6 weeks to be back to normal. 

how about that moment when you regret the decision before you even finish shaving :-D.

Couple years ago....

VJijfv07P_7NeVNDFktFB5Gpp85AVDHr3rWaU7Ix2SzCHSf3Q2-kvgbe9c9WZ3IiM6HUnKg-5E0w8QghOepwjjPsJlPRbq_I13sTjbdfTYRuY7cu9yruKIW_ggnzQpMxXvEhtI90NYG0NWwcWDBHZLdhwa32f0NFttRCy-_Y_kR06j1GvbC5bRbF4eyi8O452M3lhbjPmEs9dX7np9zng8WoP1T1xtCQeLz87G152pTic03EHkvmKI-DlIqEjS4xBH-XezDe0w8XoomG7LlPHwIa7nWM1IxYWj5J6l0u4PZfr5MNtlJRO89XwF0LKBXOUZyxNNBKGayz3zhjaXFW-HU81as6uO3WaXqm6EdKUi5Xc7ilDS7MYk9ACqWqV7PE7UaLgI7vRwzYOvQmnAnnOQYXMzUMYFYDq0Qxz0mE4Cc9LWAJQnn_iYzGWMqZ8fS03epG_kduObtj04M18ByUqbkTvRT6kdGix-NTPV1iLlrCZ7GXhNh-pevHCWuCRhaSzEHOAEVAJlJGnxtFwk9StkLOQY6_erXJLZvBz-FJBHf_eV2LKSZIbMtB7YXeEOwBfine3dqetJohOOdSoF_Idvafcd8eCoXExu9oc-W1hhkUbjMBeq98AhPpuwwVjLqA_ucsOe-kl5Jq0ihNSmnLEv6De4YICLUXIlIFb_sp0o4lKu0iSBMWV90=w689-h915-no

• Haha 1

Fitbit username: farflight   (would love to have more people on there)

Getting life in order is a challenge worth doing.

Happiness is the journey, not the destination (took me forever to learn that)

On 3/3/2020 at 3:59 PM, Capt Frost said:

Ahhhhh when you shave and instantly regret it....when even your kids say you look weird and your wife who was on board with the idea was like yea no grow it back..... so good time for a challenge as it grows back, which should be about 3 weeks to look good and 6 weeks to be back to normal. 

Haha, I actually shaved my cheeks today to look a bit civilised and placed a picture of me on FB with shaving cream and I immediately had three friends commenting: "Not the beard!!???"

Beard update. So I have had a goatee since high school, did go through a mutton chop phase during my early 20's but for the almost last 20 years I have had a goatee , now letting it grow back in it's almost like my face just grows a natural goatee on it's own. You can see some skin on my cheeks, not horribly patchy, however you can see nothing but beard on my chin; just funny

• Like 1

I shaved off my beard since we are quarantine and what not. And yes, I went full picture mode with different styles. Was quite fun. 

Recovering from an epic clash with gravity, which I lost.

Nobody gets out of life, alive || Senpai noticed me! || Company of unemployed superheroes

Trying to get back on the forums and back in exercising in life any help motivation is welcome

38 days until I go to the beach, time to get this body beach ready lol

Since chemistry is considered nerdy I'm going to put the nerd into sexy and come up with a easy to make body massage oil using almond, coconut, and essential oils; and since I don't give a shit because you can pick up all the ingredients for under $30, and I have no desire to work 100+hrs a week to build an empire I'll share my disasters here so others can learn from my mistakes and make them look good for their S.O..

Serious question, would guys like a masculine scented massage oil? 

• Like 1

Personally, I really dislike fragrances that are too strong. They all remind me of Lynx (Axe depending on where you live). The smell of adolescent insecurity.

My favourite cosmetic smell is Arko shaving soap, as used by Turkish barbers. A little bit lemony. Girls like it too. Ask how I know! 😉