MEN ONLY THREAD part two

[[Note from spezzy: the other thread got to be 150 pages and started to break stuff, so I closed it and we're starting again here.]]

[[Those of you new to this thread, here's Bruce's original intro:

I saw that there was a womens only thread. And out of politeness i did not read it because a) I don't want to hear about their lady parts or whatever and B) it is just none of my business and rude. So I thought i would start a men's only thread in the hopes we could talk about men's health issues. Improvements to our man specific health due to exercise and lifting....so for any women reading this right now I would ask that you please stop.....go ahead and go...right now...*ahem*.....]]

This is just a continuation from here:

http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?7707-Men-ONLY-please/

• Like 1
I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

My class ring looks like the one in the bottom right.

I hated high school. Missed some of my junior year, pretty much didn't go at all my senior year. The only fond memories I have were the business and finance competitions I was in where my high school sent me to compete with the rest of the state (And save for one other kid, I kicked the rest of the state's ass).

I also can't wear my class ring anymore. I got the class ring fitted and graduated at 172 pounds, EXTREMELY skinny fat. (High body fat %. Looking at my senior pictures and myself in the mirror it's hard to believe). I'd say in terms of the rings in the bottom right of the pic, have it re-sized and wear it as a pinky ring. That's what I plan on doing.

Church. Just do whatever you like. Stop worrying about things :)

We broke the Internet. Spezzy said so. Lol.

Lmao! Do we get some Str points?

• Like 1

Neutral Good-High Elf Warrior

What we move is far less important than what moves us.

Razor's Three-Fortnight Challenge

Lmao! Do we get some Str points?

Or at least some Wisdom or something. I mean it IS breaking the interwebz after all.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 2 Elven Ranger

STR - 7.2 Dex - 2 Sta - 7 Con - 4 Wis - 3 CHA - 4

"Do or Do Not. There is no try."

"Why do we fall sir? So we might learn to pick ourselves up ."

Round 2 - Faster, Stronger, Leaner and more Pious?

Lefeux's Ranger Conquest

Workout Log

We broke the Internet. Spezzy said so. Lol.

Dang! I was going to say that, right when I saw this!

..... O.o *Realizes that he can be Post #1263* ^_^

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Or, my preference, own it with a quiet grace and dignity; don't carry yourself as if you have to prove it is alright, but still be comfortable in wearing it. The more it looks natural for you to be wearing it, the more people, and you, will consider it natural to be worn. At least, this has been my experience with wearing my fedora (and this is an old school wide brimmed, not these silly things gaining in popularity nowadays! /oldmaninyoungmanbodyrant )

The new "short brim fedoras" are not fedoras. They are trilby hats. This is one thing that bothers me for some reason. Also, I really want a good, wide brim fedora. I already randomly rock a top hat, Russian fur hat (don't know the name) and and a handmade Panama hat I got in Puerto Rico.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Trilbies are awesome...fedoras shmedoras.

Trilbies are indeed awesome, there's just way too many of them and so few people that can actually pull them off.

2 things we need to bring back, pork pies and bowlers. I want a barbershop quartet hat!

I should also note that I happen to have about a dozen different hats sitting around, and only one is a (plain black) ballcap and no trucker caps. My favorite is a toboggan (beanie, toque, whatever you call it where you live) affectionately named Barry:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5466[/ATTACH]

I can't wait until it is cold enough to bring him back out.

post-4917-13567244939135_thumb.jpg

Level 1 Woodwose

My trilby is so worn in that it barely holds its shape anymore. I'm thinking this winter may be time to upgrade my hats. I know I need a new jeep cap and cadet cap for work. It gets a mighty cold walking the hill at work in the middle of winter at midnight.

Level 1 Woodwose

I don't know what's better, being a part of the most epic thread on the boards or a discussion of real hats. I wore a fedora all through the cold months of my college career. Yes, a real brown felt fedora. I even took it with me to brazil and wore it in the rain forest. It is old and sweat stained now, so I only really wear it in the cold months when I'm camping or something, but I agree the hat should come back. I have a Trillby because I can't find a decent fedora in stores, but some day the brimmed hat will ride again. Of course, being in Texas, a Stetson is allways an option, but is often not what I'm going for.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

I wish I could wear real hats, but my head is too oddly shaped for such things. Though I do love wearing beanies. I haven't for a few years, but I still have the original beanie that was ever given to me. It is old, worn out, and has holes in it, but I'll be damned if I am throwing it away :P

Keep it forever!

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

I have big gigantic pointy elf ears. When I wear a hat, it pushes my ears out to the side and makes them look even weirder.

I've always wanted to wear one of those straw hates you see men's quartets from the 1920's wear. A small fedora would look good with a tailored suit as well. Or a pinstripe hat like gangsters wore in the 30's.

Neutral Good-High Elf Warrior

What we move is far less important than what moves us.

Razor's Three-Fortnight Challenge

I'd love to bring back the old 3-piece suit and hat. Unfortunately there isn't a lot of room for the nicer things in my life/line-of-work.

The best I can manage is wearing jeans, shoes and shirts that DON'T come from Walmart.

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

Battle Log - MyFitnessPal - FitBIt

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

I'd love to bring back the old 3-piece suit and hat. Unfortunately there isn't a lot of room for the nicer things in my life/line-of-work.

The best I can manage is wearing jeans, shoes and shirts that DON'T come from Walmart.

I have wanted to do that forever! My company doesn't have a dress code, so I totally could if I wanted to. But that would be kind of weird because everyone else would be in jeans/shorts and a teeshirt.

Guest Snake McClain
Poor ol' Part 1, you will be dearly missed.

Bring on 'SON OF MEN ONLY THREAD'!

KNEEL BEFORE ME SON OF JOR-EL! KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!

I don't know what's better, being a part of the most epic thread on the boards or a discussion of real hats. I wore a fedora all through the cold months of my college career. Yes, a real brown felt fedora. I even took it with me to brazil and wore it in the rain forest. It is old and sweat stained now, so I only really wear it in the cold months when I'm camping or something, but I agree the hat should come back. I have a Trillby because I can't find a decent fedora in stores, but some day the brimmed hat will ride again. Of course, being in Texas, a Stetson is allways an option, but is often not what I'm going for.

Okay so we are discussing hats. Here is the thing. I've always wanted and liked Fedoras and such but I've never really seen myself as able to pull it off. I guess that's because of maybe color/what I wear them with. So...

What do you wear a fedora with. And to what sort of event? Not just a fedora but any stylish hat. I think this is a good discussion to have.

I know the art of manliness a while back put out an article on this but when I read it I felt like it didn't really tell me anything.

Fedora's always go with a suit and tie. If it's a more rugged fedora, with any kind of manly jacket, leather, outdoorsy etc. You can also pull it off with jeans, but wear boots, not sneakers, and preferably a button down shirt, t-shirts with a fedora look out of place to me. Frank Sinatra and Indiana Jones are two good role models fedora wise. Caution must be taken with Trillby's, as they can look hipsterish, unless you like the hipster look, in which go for it. I only wear my trillby when I am dressed up or wearing a jacket.

Current Challenge