• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

spezzy

MEN ONLY THREAD part two

On 8/10/2018 at 8:45 AM, Frost of the Gloaming said:

Question if you had a way to build a machine that would humanely kill someone would you build it? 

Depends on who's going to use it and why. I'm generally against the taking of human life, but I recognize that in some circumstances it's the least-worst answer to the problem set. Also, what do we classify as "humane"? From what I understand of, two rounds to the back of the head is fairly humane for the exeutionee, but tended to have a negative psychological effect on the executioner.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nomad Jay said:

Depends on who's going to use it and why. I'm generally against the taking of human life, but I recognize that in some circumstances it's the least-worst answer to the problem set. Also, what do we classify as "humane"? From what I understand of, two rounds to the back of the head is fairly humane for the exeutionee, but tended to have a negative psychological effect on the executioner.

This is along the lines I was thinking. It's not about being humane so much as the termination of a life and the loss it creates around it. I would also add that this counts for both homicide and suicide. If you're in a place where you are thinking of yourself, please talk to someone. That message is to anyone who may read it. Call 1-800-273-8255 for a free, confidential professional if you're having thoughts now. If it's been a longer running theme, talk to your doctor. If you have no one else, you can PM me and I'll get you my phone number and we can talk but it won't be immediate and I'm not a professional, just a concerned human and someone who has been there. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I was reading a story on another long drawn out execution requiring hard to come by drugs; the death being long and drawn out. That's what spurred this topic. Unpopular as the topic is the Death Penalty has been around since the dawn of Humans; it's not going anywhere. Killing someone is never going to be easy,  but if you could make it more surgical, where as you only have to strap them to a chair in which a computer then would take over; so less than what happens now with the drugs and the death itself is quick, no suffering and little in the way of clean up, no smell, no unhooking iv lines, just unstrap and bag.

3 hours ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

when he makes a fat woman commen

Belittling someone based on appearance is unmanly no matter the appearance of the person doing the belittling. I do agree with you that it's particularly hypocritical when the belittler is also big.

• Like 1