MEN ONLY THREAD part two

Just Jim or wild... something. Most people think my last name (Wildman) is a nickname

wildross - warriors count tons, not reps

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Speaking of AOM, the latest article was about nicknames. So, what are yours and why?

Mine are thoroughly unoriginal, usually just derivatives of my last name e.g -"Redneck" (also I come from a small town and now live in the city). On the high school soccer team I was "Adam" for the season because one teammate simply didn't know my name. Nothing much else has stuck

Sarge. I was a sergeant in the Army and my bank card still has SGT on it, so the place I used to drink and play poker started calling me Sarge. Otherwise its just Rob, although my family still calls me Bobby as my first name is Robert and I have always despised it. My dad's name is Robert too, so we were called Big Bobby and Little Bobby. So not naming my kids Robert.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 2 Elven Ranger

STR - 7.2 Dex - 2 Sta - 7 Con - 4 Wis - 3 CHA - 4

"Do or Do Not. There is no try."

"Why do we fall sir? So we might learn to pick ourselves up ."

Round 2 - Faster, Stronger, Leaner and more Pious?

Lefeux's Ranger Conquest

Workout Log

AoM is how I found NF in the first place.

Heh heh, me too!

Outside I'm Abe, inside, I'm Red.

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

My handle here on the boards is a direct translation of the nickname I usually go by (in Swedish, it is valp). It started with this old RPG-chat where my character was interacting with some elves which consistently called him that. Then during our OOC-interactions it gradually started to bleed over to me and it stuck. After that it was further cemented when my sister found out about the nickname and gleefully told me the story where she at age thirteen demanded "either a puppy, or a baby brother" from my parents (this was in the wake of having to put down the grouchy dachshund my family had). Cue me.

So these days I think more friends know me by my nickname than by my actual name, and I'm perfectly fine by that.

-

Battle Log - Fitocracy - Twitter -

Anti-villain extraordinaire

As one might guess from my login, I go by Tank a lot in real life. So much so that sometimes people will create nicknames based on my nickname Tanker etc., thus getting me the greatly desired meta-nickname.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Given name is James but in high school it was Himes or Himey (derived from Jaime, which is what my parents wanted to name but the doc said it would be too hard to pronounce so James I became) but to many elders I've been called Jim or Jimmy. A coworker calls me Jimmy and another one calls me dibby because her daughter cant say jimmy. My wife calls me bub and a friends daughter who I was a sort of father figure for calls me Bubba. J-DAWG was yet another one back at an office I worked at.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Yeah, I got this!" -andygates

I was thinking about nicknames this morning and I forgot about one from back in my serious rock climbing days. After watching High Fidelity I was dubbed Barry because my climbing buddies thought I was just like Jack Black's character. It stuck and within that group I'm Barry, or Uncle Barry

Barry: Holy shite. What the fuck is that?
Dick: It's the new Belle and Sebastian...
Rob: It's a record we've been listening to and enjoying, Barry.
Barry: Well, that's unfortunate, because it sucks ass.

Within that group we had an Oldman, BigWall, Varmint, BitterPorter. Good times

Scout: STR: 20.5 | DEX: 13 | STA: 28 | CON: 13.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 4

http://51feetunder.wordpress.com/ - Running, Rock & Roll, Rock Climbing and Photography

Fitocracy Profile

Twitter

Latest Challenge

Sometimes various people would call me Brain (being smart and first name is Brian), B.V., B.V.B., and one person insisted on B. Dog (didn't like that one). Now my wife and I call each other "husband" and "wife" so much so that my wife's friends call me "husband" too. And I once misspelled "husband" on a card to my wife so sometimes I am called "hus-bad" too.

Level 26, Primal Ultra Trail Scout, Non-Binary Robot

Guest Snake McClain

I've been called Brucius, Itchicus (this derives from my middle name mitchell or mitch), I've been called Brucey by my now ex girlfriends two year old... and of course there is an entire sub-culture of wrestlers and nerd fitters that call me Snake.

I actually do get called Bacon by a select few people, mostly folks in the gym but some coworkers as well. Oddly, the two groups don't overlap. I did get called by my last name in college because there were "too many" Brians.

And about half of my non-US coworkers spell my name Brain in emails.

I've been called szlinki for a while, Kobez through high school, and I currently go by Pinky. Because I do a fairly solid impression of him when I ask my foreman "so what we going to do today Brain?"
Sometimes various people would call me Brain (being smart and first name is Brian), B.V., B.V.B., and one person insisted on B. Dog (didn't like that one). Now my wife and I call each other "husband" and "wife" so much so that my wife's friends call me "husband" too. And I once misspelled "husband" on a card to my wife so sometimes I am called "hus-bad" too.

We have to get you two together.

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

I was never cool enough to acquire a nickname; of course, my real name is short enough and unusual enough that I'm usually the only one around. My real name is Vincent, shortened to Vince. Somebody once called me 'Vinnie'. Once. :-) These days I mostly go by 'Daddy', or 'Honey'. I like those best.

"If you get into trouble, you can always eat something, blow something up, or throw penguins." - Jim Henson

I was never cool enough to acquire a nickname; of course, my real name is short enough and unusual enough that I'm usually the only one around. My real name is Vincent, shortened to Vince. Somebody once called me 'Vinnie'. Once. :-) These days I mostly go by 'Daddy', or 'Honey'. I like those best.

I used to go by Daddy. With how I interacted with my ex's kid, everyone thought I was the dad, so they would refer to me as Daddy if they didn't know my name. Then she started calling me Daddy just trying to mess with me. I actually liked it a lot, but of course I never let on to that.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Sometimes I'm referred to as 'the brains of the family', or 'smartypants', something like that. Over here I'm either 'Phi' or 'Digits' or 'GR'. :P

I take credit for 'digits'

Also I go by Pat whether I want to or not since people are just lazy.

Also since is the man thread, is my challenge manly enough?- http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?18672-Not-a-Single-F***-was-Given-Challenge

Semper Gumby-Always FlexiblePain is weakness leaving the body.FITOCRACY

Also since is the man thread, is my challenge manly enough?- http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?18672-Not-a-Single-F***-was-Given-Challenge

Any goal involving the Marine Corps makes a challenge instantly manly!

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

The title alone makes it manly enough! Only problem I can see is that with a 24m 5k, you're gonna have to start posting in the Scouts forum :)

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

The title alone makes it manly enough! Only problem I can see is that with a 24m 5k, you're gonna have to start posting in the Scouts forum :)

"We can rebuild him...we have the technology,"

Scout: STR: 20.5 | DEX: 13 | STA: 28 | CON: 13.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 4

http://51feetunder.wordpress.com/ - Running, Rock & Roll, Rock Climbing and Photography

Fitocracy Profile

Twitter

Latest Challenge