MEN ONLY THREAD part two

Anyone participating in Movember? I want to but my wife doesn't like it when I have facial hair (though I tend to grow it out about once a year just for a change of pace). I have done the beard a few times, and even a goatee, I think it will be intersesting to try a moustache.

Level 26, Primal Ultra Trail Scout, Non-Binary Robot

Anyone participating in Movember? I want to but my wife doesn't like it when I have facial hair (though I tend to grow it out about once a year just for a change of pace). I have done the beard a few times, and even a goatee, I think it will be intersesting to try a moustache.

I can't grow a beard. At all. The stubble I do have takes weeks to grown in.

*babyfaceproblems*

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Ah, absolutely not. One of these days. But I think if I grew a month-long beard nobody in my community would respect me anymore. Dominicans are very conscious of appearance and almost always clean-shaven. #peacecorpsproblems

"If we take man as he is, we make him worse. But if we take man as he should be, we make him capable of becoming what he can be."

--Viktor Frankl paraphrasing Goethe

I am currently bearding in preparation as I don't want to be growing in just a stache starting Nov 1. My wife loves the way my facial hair looks, just hates the feel of it, so I tend to go clean shaven most of the year. On the flip side, I hate having a beard in the summer but love it in the winter, so I'm thinking of going with a cycle thta supports that.

Also, one of my bets buddies is in advertising and is organizing a Movember barcrawl where all participants must have a mustache (women where fake ones). We're also doing a 5k on 12/1, I believe at the end of which the stache gets shaven off.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Movember bar crawl? Mustache 5k?

Those both sound fantastic.

That reminds me, I should probably try running more than a mile at once some point before that thing...

bigm your lucky, I wish I didn't have to shave every day.

As for Movember, I don't particularly like the feeling of being unshaved, after two or three days it is highly irritating to me.

The neck beard does this to me, I have to shave it after 3 days or it gets really itchy. I am currently growing in the following, but with chin hair, for this reason.

379020_939039046166_1625432294_n.jpg

Also found out I have to start Movember clean shaven, so this beard is not serving it's purpose. Might keep rocking it until Nov 1 though, really enjoying it.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Guest Snake McClain

i come in super super patchy. except for the goatee area. HOWEVER I am choosing to not shave at all for the month of november. I'm actually considering doing the Corey D look pictured above. again it will be patchy but hey. why the f*** not?

I signed up on the official site, we should start a NF team.

I'm planning on taking a pic of the mustache each day of the month.

500 / 330 / 625

Goddamned job! I am not allowed any facial hair other than a mustache and it can't go below the corners of my mouth...way too molest-y!

Lvl 1 Elven Minotaur Druid
Str: 3 |Dex: 1 |Sta: 4 |Con: 3 |Wis: 2 |Cha: 2

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty." Capt Malcolm Reynolds

"When you do something, you should burn yourself up completely, like a good bonfire, leaving no trace of yourself", Shunryu Suzuki

"Why do we fall down, Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up again." Thomas Wayne

My second-ish challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/29825-harness-rebooted/
Goddamned job! I am not allowed any facial hair other than a mustache and it can't go below the corners of my mouth...way too molest-y!

Movember is all about mustache only, you aren't allowed a beard. Army?

500 / 330 / 625

Movember is all about mustache only, you aren't allowed a beard. Army?

UPS; No beard, no visible tattoos, hair can't touch the back of the neck or be over the ears, and no visible piercings. So just about like the Army, we just don't have to have our hair high-and-tight, or screaming eagle.

Lvl 1 Elven Minotaur Druid
Str: 3 |Dex: 1 |Sta: 4 |Con: 3 |Wis: 2 |Cha: 2

"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty." Capt Malcolm Reynolds

"When you do something, you should burn yourself up completely, like a good bonfire, leaving no trace of yourself", Shunryu Suzuki

"Why do we fall down, Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves up again." Thomas Wayne

My second-ish challenge: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/29825-harness-rebooted/
Guest Snake McClain
I signed up on the official site, we should start a NF team.

I'm planning on taking a pic of the mustache each day of the month.

how do we start an NF team? Do we actually have a way to raise money? I'm out of the loop. Educate me.

how do we start an NF team? Do we actually have a way to raise money? I'm out of the loop. Educate me.

Site is pretty self explanatory. You can join a team or create one during the sign up process or later in the profile you make. There are donation buttons on your profile, so you can click it yourself and donate or send others the link so that they can donate.

500 / 330 / 625

Guest Snake McClain
Site is pretty self explanatory. You can join a team or create one during the sign up process or later in the profile you make. There are donation buttons on your profile, so you can click it yourself and donate or send others the link so that they can donate.

I'm in. Except I'm not going to do stash only. Is this acceptable?

Team nf fir beardage!

Team nf fir beardage!

You can have other facial hair, but there has to be a clear separation of mustache and anything else. i.e. - Corey's pic doesn't count because the beard attaches to the Mo.

Scout: STR: 20.5 | DEX: 13 | STA: 28 | CON: 13.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 4

http://51feetunder.wordpress.com/ - Running, Rock & Roll, Rock Climbing and Photography

Fitocracy Profile

Twitter

Latest Challenge

Team nf fir beardage!

Nope, has to be stache only for Movember. That is defined as the mo does not connect to you sideburns or your chin. I'm going pure and having no facial hair other than the mo. The whole point is to wear facial hair that makes people go "WTF is he doing?" and you reply "It's for prostate and testicular cancer awareness, check out this site!". If it's just normal facial hair, the first part never happens.

500 / 330 / 625

Almost everyone around here who participates goes with the handlebar mustache which to me is kind of a cop out. IMHO a big part of Movember is making a commitment and show fraternity for a cause, it's not Halloween. I went with the traditional Tom Sellek last year and it was painful. It made me look REALLY pervy, but it's for charity so I rolled with it...unfortunately I have a team photo with my son's team where I'm sporting it to remind me how bad it was. Nice one coach!

Scout: STR: 20.5 | DEX: 13 | STA: 28 | CON: 13.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 4

http://51feetunder.wordpress.com/ - Running, Rock & Roll, Rock Climbing and Photography

Fitocracy Profile

Twitter

Latest Challenge

I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to go with. My biggest problem is that I have trouble growing hair in the middle of my upper lip, it only likes growing in once it gets to the nostrils, so I end up with a gap in the middle.

500 / 330 / 625

Guest Snake McClain

FINE! You've talked me into it. Normal stash only. ( I will be stubbling the rest though). *sigh*

Can't wait to tom selleck it out.

Hey speaking of...anyone notice how what was manly in the late 70s and early 80s (see Tom Selleck, i.e. hairy chest and stash and such) is considered sleazy now? What's the deal here?