In Which Blueberries Sticks to the Plan

Blueberries

I recently downloaded an app called Out of Milk on my Kindle, and though I haven't updated it completely, it'll let me keep an inventory of all the things I have on hand by quanitity and set up by category, including a "spice rack". When I run out of something, I can move the item from my "pantry" to a grocery list, and move it back once I've purchased it. Seems like it'll be a good tool, though making the initial inventory list will be really tedious.

I recently downloaded an app called Out of Milk on my Kindle, and though I haven't updated it completely, it'll let me keep an inventory of all the things I have on hand by quanitity and set up by category, including a "spice rack". When I run out of something, I can move the item from my "pantry" to a grocery list, and move it back once I've purchased it. Seems like it'll be a good tool, though making the initial inventory list will be really tedious.

Hmm, that seems like a good idea to me, especially the spice rack part, or in my case, spice cabinet. It's a pain looking through every spice I have to see if I need what a recipe calls for. I may have to look into a similar app (or that one if it's on iphone) .

The path to Swolehalla is paved with a lot of Swolehate, and you won't get there without being Swole of Spirit too.

Race: Fiendish Blue Extension Cord

Class: Warrior
Links:  MFP  Battle Log  Current Challenge

I should post a picture of my spice cabinet. An entire cabinet, and now I've started buying spices in bulk, so tonigh when I got my chipotle pepper I had to overflow into another cabinet. Must figure out new system.

Where are you girls taking the classes again? I know it was discussed last challenge, but I've wiped my memory of those six terrible weeks. ;)

Also, in regards to French, have you seen the Friends where Monica takes a cooking class and feels good about herself? That's how it would be! (And hopefully not like Joey who tries to do the same wiht an acting class, but it doesn't quite work out.)

I hear you about keeping up with forums. We have a new firewall at work that doesn't exactly block everything ,but it makes everything REALLY slow and posting is sketchy. So I can't even catch up on several threads in the morning like I used to, then catch a few at lunch, then maybe a couple during a break in the afternoon. Now I get to maybe one thread in the AM, usually get frustrated over lunch and watch Netflix, and by the afternoon I'm trying to "just say no" to the vending machine demon. ;) And my iPad seems to equally hate the NF forums, taking forever to load and often times taking forever to post.

I know it's work and my iPad b/c my laptop works fine at home. So, all complaining abou stuff I can't fix. But it's frustrating not knowing what all the warriors are accomplishing. Watching others is most of the fun/motivation!

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

2" washers for smaller weight increases

Whoa. That sounds awesome. I might need this app.

I should post a picture of my spice cabinet. An entire cabinet, and now I've started buying spices in bulk, so tonigh when I got my chipotle pepper I had to overflow into another cabinet. Must figure out new system.

Where are you girls taking the classes again? I know it was discussed last challenge, but I've wiped my memory of those six terrible weeks. ;)

Also, in regards to French, have you seen the Friends where Monica takes a cooking class and feels good about herself? That's how it would be! (And hopefully not like Joey who tries to do the same wiht an acting class, but it doesn't quite work out.)

I hear you about keeping up with forums. We have a new firewall at work that doesn't exactly block everything ,but it makes everything REALLY slow and posting is sketchy. So I can't even catch up on several threads in the morning like I used to, then catch a few at lunch, then maybe a couple during a break in the afternoon. Now I get to maybe one thread in the AM, usually get frustrated over lunch and watch Netflix, and by the afternoon I'm trying to "just say no" to the vending machine demon. ;) And my iPad seems to equally hate the NF forums, taking forever to load and often times taking forever to post.

I know it's work and my iPad b/c my laptop works fine at home. So, all complaining abou stuff I can't fix. But it's frustrating not knowing what all the warriors are accomplishing. Watching others is most of the fun/motivation!

I also have a spice cabinet. So many spices!

The anatomy class is via oli.cmu.edu :) Open and Free courses. Woot!

hahahahahaha I love that episode!

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

I know the feeling about being sick. I spent the whole weekend feeling sorry for myself and could also not contribute any burpees.

We don't have a deep freeze outside but do have a full stand-alone freezer in our kitchen. The only method that works for me is to date the stuff in the freezer and then, before I go shopping, I check the contents of the freezer and cross those items off my list. It is easier having the freezer next to the fridge though.

Your post sick workout looks pretty good to me. Depsite being a 'light' workout, you got all the right stuff in there. Keep it up.

Thanks, Bean!

It would definitely be nice to have it in the house. I almost want to put a clipboard with a list out there. How very 1990s of me.

Hmm, that seems like a good idea to me, especially the spice rack part, or in my case, spice cabinet. It's a pain looking through every spice I have to see if I need what a recipe calls for. I may have to look into a similar app (or that one if it's on iphone) .

Ooh! I love the idea of an app like that in theory. Realist me knows that I'd keep up with updating it for about a week and then probably give up. *sigh* Is it too much to ask for my kitchen to inventory itself via RFID chips or something? Surely somebody out there is working on this technology.

Re: Spices. Have you ever been to Penzey's? That place is AH-mazing. There's one in Overland Park, which might be the closest one to you. I might or might not be known to go there pretty much every time we go to KC. There's also one where my brother-in-law lives, so if he's going to come visit, I make him bring me spices. Last year I got some Mexican vanilla, and it made what might be the best ice cream I've ever tasted. You can order online, but it's so not the same experience.

That is so how I feel about taking a French class. I want to be awesome at something! But really, I don't have time because I'm too busy being awesome at all the other things.

Glad you're feeling better! Yes! Squats do fix all the things! So glad it was such an awesome session!

Great job on week 1 aside from the sick thing. You can't do what ya can't do. Ya know what I mean :)

Whoa. That sounds awesome. I might need this app.

I also have a spice cabinet. So many spices!

The anatomy class is via oli.cmu.edu :) Open and Free courses. Woot!

hahahahahaha I love that episode!

Squats! I'm loving them so much right that I've added lighter front squats at the end of the last two workouts now. What is wrong with me?!

Sooooo need to work on the class some more. That chemistry chapter is making me want to avoid it. I foresee a lot of A&P cramming in our collective futures.

Here's the part where I try to remember what I did in my workout today. I'm thinking it might be time to start taking a notebook with me instead of trying to write it all down a few hours later.

Squats (3x5 at 147)

45 x 5

45 x 5

65 x 5

95 x 3

115 x 2 <- Knew I wasn't ready for the real deal yet based on how these felt.

125 x 5

125 x 5

125 x 5

*In between squats and bench I ended up helping some of the trainers move the power rack and a couple of benches around. Bonus workout!

Bench (3x5 at 90)

45 x 5

45 x 5

50 x 5

55 x 3

65 x 2

90 x 5

90 x 3

90 x 3

90 x 2

Deadlift (1x5 at 197)

200 x 2 <- Our friend Kelly brought out my competitiveness, so I went for 200 instead of easing back in after doing 185 on Monday

200 x 1

200 x 1

185 x 2

185 x 2

185 x 2 <- Maybe? I might not have done this last set. This is why I think I might need a notebook.

Front Squats (Still getting used to the movement)

45 x 5

65 x 5

65 x 5

65 x 5

Alumni Band

20 x 60 sec

20 x 60 sec

20 x 60 sec

This is still really hard to do! Maybe because I'm always doing them at the end when I'm tired? I hope that my baritone doesn't feel this heavy in a few weeks.

Yeah, i got to that part (chemistry stuff) on Monday night and I was like.. um no. Moving on. hahahaha Or maybe Tues? I dont' know. Anyhow. I get the worst of the fuzzy brain at night so I ended it there :P I will tackle it again! I will!! So far, my statistics class is pretty easy (knock on wood). yay.

Nice workout! Does that qualify for our current challenge? Wed-Sun? Looks like some nice volume!!

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost

Nice work on your workout! And yay for 200! I write all of my stuff down as I do it. Otherwise I forget even between sets. It's hell getting old. Plus, then I don't forget to do all o fmy sets. When I wasn't writing stuff down, I know I was shorting sets and doing 4 instead of 5, thinking I'd already done three sets when i'd only done 2. My brain likes to be overly-excited, I guess.

And I agree, you are busy being awesome at so many things, it's hard to make room for more awesome. So I guess add it slowly, like when you're adding water to the top of a glass filled with sand. Just a tiny bit at a time! Then it'll sink in and you can add more.

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

A notebook... I need one too! I currently do everything on my NROL4W spreadsheets, but since I do other stuff, it get written in margins and on the back and i fold them and shove them in my bag, so they're a little beat up and unorganized. Maybe I'll get a Lisa Frank for nostalgia :)

Yeah, i got to that part (chemistry stuff) on Monday night and I was like.. um no. Moving on. hahahaha Or maybe Tues? I dont' know. Anyhow. I get the worst of the fuzzy brain at night so I ended it there :P I will tackle it again! I will!! So far, my statistics class is pretty easy (knock on wood). yay.

Nice workout! Does that qualify for our current challenge? Wed-Sun? Looks like some nice volume!!

I'm almost weighing the merits of just moving ahead to the next section and then trying to hit the chem stuff later. Maybe a bad idea?

It does count! I got lucky this time... usually the mini-challenges seem to be posted while I'm at my workout, and I don't find out that I needed to do (insert activity) until I get home and it's too late. I went for a volume workout today to help add some more weight for our total, too.

Nice work on your workout! And yay for 200! I write all of my stuff down as I do it. Otherwise I forget even between sets. It's hell getting old. Plus, then I don't forget to do all o fmy sets. When I wasn't writing stuff down, I know I was shorting sets and doing 4 instead of 5, thinking I'd already done three sets when i'd only done 2. My brain likes to be overly-excited, I guess.

And I agree, you are busy being awesome at so many things, it's hard to make room for more awesome. So I guess add it slowly, like when you're adding water to the top of a glass filled with sand. Just a tiny bit at a time! Then it'll sink in and you can add more.

I did end up writing it down today, mostly because of this:

I can usually remember what I did if I had a set plan and carried it out, but if there was any variation because I missed reps on some sets or did something random, forget it. So I support the notebook plan.

I'm totally the same. Usually I go in with a plan and I stick with it. I can remember if I missed a rep in one set and made up for it somewhere else, even. It's when I start changing up the weight or completely reworking my plan in the middle of the workout that I have trouble. :)

Goal related:

Did next week's meal plan yesterday during the big one's swimming lessons.

STUCK TO BUDGET FOR THE LAST TWO WEEKS!!! It's a miracle, but we did it. The new period starts today, so today's plan is to go shopping and fill up the bare refrigerator.

Part of the budget thing is relearning how to be great with coupon shopping, so I've been working on that. I wish there were coupons for vegetables...

Dietary choices have been okay-ish. Today's PWO carbs accidentally came from chocolate chip cookies, which were maybe not the best of all possible things to eat.

Today's Workout:

Squats

45 x 5

45 x 5

65 x 5

95 x 3

115 x 6

115 x 8

115 x 8

115 x 5

------------

Squat total: 4165

OHP

45 x 5

45 x 5

50 x 3

60 x 2

70 x 3 <- Trying for triples

70 x 2 <- Decided to say FU to OHP

65 x 1

45 x 8

45 x 8

50 x 5

------------

OHP total: 2105

Deadlift

205 x 1 <-Ugh

205 x 1

185 x 1 <-At this point I just decided to rack up as much weight for the challenge as I could, which is also when I realized that I needed to start writing it down

135 x 8

135 x 8

135 x 8

155 x 4

155 x 3

------------

Deadlift total: 4920

Bench - Decided to do this to add to challenge weight, too

45 x 12

45 x 12

50 x 12

55 x 12

60 x 12

60 x 8

------------

Bench total: 3540

Front Squats

45 x 10 <- My body decided we'd had enough fun for the day

------------

Front squats total: 450

Total for the workout: 15180

Tomorrow I have a yard sale that I organized at my son's preschool, so the rest of my day (aside from the grocery store) is going to be about tagging and hauling stuff for the sale. I have to be there suuuuuuper early. Much coffee will be required.

I also have the problem where I lose count if I'm really tired and don't remember what rep I'm on because I do something like start counting the rep at the beginning of the moment and then add one at the end because I clearly did that rep already. Or I'll count a rep and then keep it in my head and count it again because I was still doing that rep in my head. So even if I write everything down the instant I'm done I still can't be sure of how many reps I did. :) I'm usually okay with sets of five but it makes high volume work extra tricky.

I also have the problem where I lose count if I'm really tired and don't remember what rep I'm on because I do something like start counting the rep at the beginning of the moment and then add one at the end because I clearly did that rep already. Or I'll count a rep and then keep it in my head and count it again because I was still doing that rep in my head. So even if I write everything down the instant I'm done I still can't be sure of how many reps I did. :) I'm usually okay with sets of five but it makes high volume work extra tricky.

Oh man! I do okay with reps, but I admit it was really nice having the piece of paper to look at when I got home. No more, "did I do one more after that or not?"

Week 2 Updates in BLUE

My starting stats:

Height: 5'11"

Weight: 196.4 194.8 195.0

Waist: 31.0 Same Same

Hips: 43.0 42.75 42.5

Current Working Weights (3x5):

Squat: 147

Bench: 90

OHP: 70

Deadlift (1x5): 197

Still no change in working weights. Getting them back up there has been rougher than I thought!

Diet/Fitness

1. Stick to the Meal Plan

About 6 out of 7 days each week, I find myself scrambling at 5:30 with hungry, whiny kids trying to figure out what's for dinner. We don't really do convenience foods around here, so I've got to find something to cook. If I'm lucky, there's thawed meat in the fridge I can cook. Usually, I'm not lucky and everything's frozen, because I'm not a consistent planner. To make my life easier, I will make weekly meal plans ahead of time so that:

a) I have all the ingredients I need on hand

B) I can prep ahead of time to cut down on the actual daily cooking time

In practical terms, this means I'll need to make a full plan and shopping list at the end of each week so that I can shop and prep at some point over the weekend.

+3 WIS (and if it works as intended, +75 Sanity)

Objective A: Make a plan for the following week. Status: Achieved.

Objective B: Stick to the plan. Status: Did pretty well with this. Some occasional last-minute switches, but there were no "Oh crap, what's for dinner tonight?" moments. Success.

2. Stick to the Workout Plan

Lift all the things! Mentioned above, I function best on a regular routine. With the way my schedule falls right now, that means I have time for workouts on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Heavy lifting (continue SS progression) at least 2x per week with the third open for a lighter lifting session or something else if I'm just not feeling it. Cutting a little more heavily (see goal 3) may mean that I don't have a third heavy lifting session in me, but I do need to make sure I'm doing something active during this time.

+4 STR +1 STA +1 CON

Lifted three days this week. Weights still aren't back up to where they'd been, but I'm following the basic SS plan.

3. Stick to the Fat Loss Plan

I've been itching lately to do a bulk cycle, but from a fat loss perspective, I'm just not quite where I want to be yet. My diet got a little out of control during the last challenge, and I need to make sure I rein this in if I want to keep seeing results (which I do). I don't do "lose X pounds in Y time" goals, so this one is going to be about sticking to my calorie goals (generally net 2000 or so) and making healthy choices. Grading is subjective, but I'll know if I'm on track or not.

+2 CON +1 CHA

Net calories were a little higher this week than they could have been, but still not up at maintenance. Made some less-than-great choices, but I did count all of them instead of sticking my head in the sand. Had a Frappuccino at the end of a nightmarish afternoon with a defiant child (can we say stress eating, anyone?). It's a little scary how that calms my nerves. Proof for sure that sugar is an addictive drug.

Life

4. Stick to the Grocery Budget

Hand in hand with the planning goal goes the grocery budget, but this is big enough for me that it requires being its own goal. Feeding 4 people healthfully (is that a word?) on one income is tough. We've made a lot of sacrifices for me to be able to stay home with the kids, and one of those is that we have a really tight budget. Grocery spending is the category with which I have the most trouble, and I find myself more often than not borrowing from other discretionary categories to make up for the fact that we've gone over on food. Bumping up the budget for this is not an option right now, so I've got to really buckle down and figure out how to live within the limits that we've set.

+3 WIS (+1 for each pay period we do not go over)

The fridge was pretty bare by the end of the pay period, but we made it work and stuck within the limits. Meal planning should be good for continuing to help this goal, since in theory we will only be buying what we actually need for the week. I'm a little worried about how the budget's going to work the week I run out of protein powder... that stuff is expensive! It's not bad over the long-haul, since it lasts, but the actual purchase is a big chunk. Maybe need to set aside a little here and there to plan for it.

Sounds like an awesome week to me! Have you tried adding any heavy singles to end of your lifts? I got that advice a while back for my never ending bench plateau and it definitely helped.

Sounds like an awesome week to me! Have you tried adding any heavy singles to end of your lifts? I got that advice a while back for my never ending bench plateau and it definitely helped.

I haven't. You add them AFTER you've failed a 3x5 (or 5x5)? Are we talking about adding weight for the singles? For example, let's say I'd failed my bench at 90 today (which, by the way, I finally didn't and am totally going to brag about in a minute...). So I'd attempt 3x5, maybe get 5/5/4, and then do a single or two at 95 or 100? I worry that I'd be asking for a barbell to the face after I was already tired. Although it makes sense, since that's kind of what I was doing with deadlifts. Maybe I just worry more because my upper body is so much weaker.

Today's Workout (went better than last week)

Squats

45 x 5

45 x 5

65 x 5

95 x 3

115 x 2

-------------

Calf raises 155 x 10

-------------

135 x 5

135 x 5

135 x 5

Still not back to 147, but it doesn't feel nearly as far off as it did.

Bench

45 x 5

45 x 5

50 x 5

55 x 3

65 x 2

90 x 5

90 x 5

90 x 5 <- PR!!!

It's amazing what a mental difference having a spotter makes sometimes. Don't know that I would have gotten this today otherwise.

Deadlift

195 x 2

195 x 2

195 x 1

135 x 8

Not even close to back to working on 197x5

Front Squats

45 x 5

65 x 5

65 x 5

This weekend, I really thought that I was going to have to rename my challenge to be, "In Which Blueberries Eats ALL The Cookies." Weirdly, the extra calories yesterday seem to have helped me in the gym today. Not that I recommend cookies as a vital part of a strength-building diet...

Once I start eating cookies (or bread) I can't stop, either. Even when I feel miserable. I totally agree, it's addicting. (I'm reading that wheat's as addicting as sugar - for me, I think it's more wheat than sugar, as I can have 1/2 c of ice cream or one of those little candy bars and be satisfied.) Sigh. Food problems. :)

YAYAYAYAYAYAAYAYY!!!!!!!!!! On your bench PR! I know you've been working toward that for a long time. Viva la cookies! :) (And spotters. But may as well give credit to the cookies, too.)

When I was stuck on a certain level with bench, I would try just one at a higher weight. I did it more for the mental "see it's not that heavy" approach. Sometimes I'd throw the heavy one in prior to (but after my warmup sets) my working weight. So if I were doing bench I might warmup at 45, 65, maybe a few at 80, then throw 95 on the bar and try to get one or two, then fall back and do my working weight at 90. If I get really burned on my working weight, sometimes I can't even do one at the higher weight, and that makes me more frustrated. So doing the single at a higher weight before worked for me, mentally. What it did for me physically is another story. But for me, sometimes the mind is more of a barrier than da muscles!

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

Totally agree about the addiction of sugary stuff, btw. I have the exact same thing Kelly mentioned: I'll feel like crap but I can't stop. Well, I can, but I can't. You know. I also get the 'ate crap a while ago and am craving more' thing hours later. At that point though, I can say no. Because I know it's just the addiction of sugar, not a real craving.

Anywhoooooooo...

BENCH PR! BOOYA, BITCHES!

Sorry, I get so excited! Congrats! It's such an awesome feeling, isn't it!

Honestly, I never bothered to look into the science behind the heavy singles. I just did them at the end after each lift for a while until I noticed a difference. Not very scientific :( Bad nerd! But, basically, I'd go in and bench. And regardless of whether or not I hit my reps (though usually I did not hit all reps) I would rest ~3 minutes (or more, depending. Up to 5, but no more than that) and I would add some weight, do a single. If I were at 90, I'd usually try 100, 95--> 105. Really, it never hurts to start small, so say next time you hit 95, try 100. If that feels easy (like maybe you could get 2?) then know for next time to try a bit more. You also have those awesome washers (right?) so you could do better increments (I need to get some of those, btw).

I wish there was more method to my madness...but I really just threw one on and went with it. I did not always get it, btw, but I did my damnedest (that just looks weird).

I haven't actually tried it on any of my other lifts, but theoretically, I feel like maybe it could work.

Sugar is an addictive drug. It makes your body crave more of it. Better than cocaine which directly stimulates the pleasure center in your brain though.

Looks like a good week!

Well there's a bonus for me... at least I'm not doing coke. :)

Thanks, WQ! Seems to be going better than the last challenge did, for sure.

Once I start eating cookies (or bread) I can't stop, either. Even when I feel miserable. I totally agree, it's addicting. (I'm reading that wheat's as addicting as sugar - for me, I think it's more wheat than sugar, as I can have 1/2 c of ice cream or one of those little candy bars and be satisfied.) Sigh. Food problems. :)

YAYAYAYAYAYAAYAYY!!!!!!!!!! On your bench PR! I know you've been working toward that for a long time. Viva la cookies! :) (And spotters. But may as well give credit to the cookies, too.)

When I was stuck on a certain level with bench, I would try just one at a higher weight. I did it more for the mental "see it's not that heavy" approach. Sometimes I'd throw the heavy one in prior to (but after my warmup sets) my working weight. So if I were doing bench I might warmup at 45, 65, maybe a few at 80, then throw 95 on the bar and try to get one or two, then fall back and do my working weight at 90. If I get really burned on my working weight, sometimes I can't even do one at the higher weight, and that makes me more frustrated. So doing the single at a higher weight before worked for me, mentally. What it did for me physically is another story. But for me, sometimes the mind is more of a barrier than da muscles!

Yeah, I have that problem sometimes. I have to be VERY aware of what's happening and talk myself down.

!!! Thank you! I'm so excited to have pushed past 90. Now I get to struggle with 92 for awhile. I can't wait until after my KS trip, though, because I'm 95% sure I'm going to start eating for strength gains for a little while and take a break from the cutting.

I tried this heavy singles thing at the end of my squats today, going for a higher weight than I'd ever tried. Not only did I get one, I got TWO. I was shocked. So maybe it really is a mental thing for me on several of my lifts.

Totally agree about the addiction of sugary stuff, btw. I have the exact same thing Kelly mentioned: I'll feel like crap but I can't stop. Well, I can, but I can't. You know. I also get the 'ate crap a while ago and am craving more' thing hours later. At that point though, I can say no. Because I know it's just the addiction of sugar, not a real craving.

Yeah... this is the part of food addiction that is so tough. I used to be a smoker, but once I quit, I just quit. With food, you don't have to ever eat the addictive stuff again, but you do have to eat. And so every day, or sometimes every meal, you have to make the conscious choice to stay away from food that's going to be a problem for you, whatever it is. It's not always easy.

Anywhoooooooo...

BENCH PR! BOOYA, BITCHES!

Sorry, I get so excited! Congrats! It's such an awesome feeling, isn't it!

Honestly, I never bothered to look into the science behind the heavy singles. I just did them at the end after each lift for a while until I noticed a difference. Not very scientific :( Bad nerd! But, basically, I'd go in and bench. And regardless of whether or not I hit my reps (though usually I did not hit all reps) I would rest ~3 minutes (or more, depending. Up to 5, but no more than that) and I would add some weight, do a single. If I were at 90, I'd usually try 100, 95--> 105. Really, it never hurts to start small, so say next time you hit 95, try 100. If that feels easy (like maybe you could get 2?) then know for next time to try a bit more. You also have those awesome washers (right?) so you could do better increments (I need to get some of those, btw).

I wish there was more method to my madness...but I really just threw one on and went with it. I did not always get it, btw, but I did my damnedest (that just looks weird).

I haven't actually tried it on any of my other lifts, but theoretically, I feel like maybe it could work.

Eeee! Thanks. I love getting past a PR that's been eluding me. I didn't bench today, so I didn't give it a shot, but I did try this technique on squats (see above to Kelly).

Today's Workout

Squats (prev. 147 3x5)

45 x 5

45 x 5

65 x 5

95 x 3

115 x 2 <- This still felt heavy, so I decided to keep my working weight at 135 today

----------

Calf raises 155 x 10

----------

135 x 5

135 x 5

135 x 5

155 x 2 <- I've never even attempted ONE heavier than 147 and was curious. Woot!

OHP (prev. 70 5x3)

45 x 5

45 x 3

60 x 2

70 x 2 <- Missed the last rep

70 x 3

70 x 3

70 x 3

70 x 3

70 x 3 <- Tacked on an extra set to see if I could get my triples anyway. Woot! PR!

Deadlift (prev. 197 1x5)

My favorite: I was trying to decide how much to pull, and a new-ish trainer who knows me said, "a buck eighty-five," and I said, "Nah, that's my fall-back."

205 x 2 <- I probably need to stop trying to pull over 200 until I can get the 197 :)

205 x 1

205 x 1

205 x 1

135 x 8 <- For fun

135 x 8

Jumped 700 singles yesterday, and I haven't done any yet today. I do have plans to get some more in tonight.... we are getting trashed in this challenge!

YAY! Oh man, I'm so happy for you! Look at all these PRs!! So exciting! I'm super glad you got that awesome squat! Twice!!!

Unless your form is failing, why would you go back under 200? I say embrace the two bills, and forget 197. :)

205 DL. RAWR!!!

155 squat. RAWR!!!

You are so awesome I don't know what to say! :)

And I can't believe you did so many reps after the 205. My back kills when I do that. Soi think we know who wins the core contest.

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

YAY! Oh man, I'm so happy for you! Look at all these PRs!! So exciting! I'm super glad you got that awesome squat! Twice!!!
Ha, that's my favorite too.

Congrats on all of the PRs!

Wow, look at you and your giant pile of PRs! So awesome.

Yay PRs! I love them. I'm even more excited now about eating for strength gains in the next challenge. Bring me ALL THE PRs!

Unless your form is failing, why would you go back under 200? I say embrace the two bills, and forget 197. :)

205 DL. RAWR!!!

155 squat. RAWR!!!

You are so awesome I don't know what to say! :)

And I can't believe you did so many reps after the 205. My back kills when I do that. Soi think we know who wins the core contest.

I don't know... I may be trying to pull too much with my back at 205? I need to get somebody to watch me next time. Do NOT need an injury because I am too stubborn to drop back under 200.

I'm not really sure how I got those 135s out afterward. I was definitely pretty beat up after all the 205s. It's crazy how light 135 feels now, though. It almost feels like I'm just pulling the empty bar. Will 200 ever feel like that someday?

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines