• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Nuala

NF character generator: Find your guild!

As many other here, my first steps on the forum were a little puzzling. Even if I'm used to RPG and stats and guilds, it took me some time to find what was expected here. With that in mind, I wanted to try to do something to help the newcomers considering the recurrent questions on the forum:
- How do I decide my stats
- How many stats points do I have?
- What level am I
- How can I choose a race?
- How can I choose a guild?
- How can I make a signature?
- How can I put a crest in my signature?

After a few days of work, I came up with that.

[edit]the previous working version can be found for now here[/edit]

Latest version is here!

What is done: the code, mostly. You can write down your name, choose your race or decide of one by yourself, decide of your attribute points, choose what your preference are, the system determine your guild and generate your signature.

What is not done: the design (yes, it's quite plain), the data accuracy. And that's why I'm here today with an incomplete product. I need your help and expertise to complete:
- the race tree view. For now 40 races are available some are sorted, some are not and maybe some are not in the correct branch. I'd really need some feedback on that
- The guild selection. Each choice gives some points to one or several guilds. No need to say, the numbers given are a little random. More selectors may be good too.
- Anything that you think would be necessary. :)

What will be added later:
- possibility to choose another guild than the one proposed. In case of challenge for example.

Special thanks to Photobrandon for the beta-testing, Milythael for writing the introduction and everyone on the irc channel for their patience :tongue: And thank you for your feedback and ideas. :) Please also keep in mind that it's totally unofficial and at best it will only be here to give some idea to newcomer.

• Like 22

I do like it, but I think there's a relatively few amount of "What do you like doing?" choices that boost your warrior favor. As such, It put me as a druid first, warrior second (But very close). Also, I didn't like the "bearded old man". Doesn't seem to really represent health and fitness and being in your prime.

But I'm nitpicking. This is SWEET AS.

Hint: it's a false beard :|

And yeah, the numbers definitely needs tweaking. I had ideas for the assassin class description (obviously) but had troubles for the other guilds, that's why I'm here! Do you think I should add some descriptions for the warriors? Increase the numbers given by the actuals descriptions?

Decent start, and plain is not a bad thing at all.

I think more questions and the ability to go back and tweak things would be good, though it's easy enough to manually tweak the signature.

What will be added later:

- possibility to choose another guild than the one proposed. In case of challenge for example.

The tweaking part is already to be expected. But for now I want to balance the guilds more, that's why I need some ideas. At the moment the points given are:

Flexibility: druids +20, rangers +10

Endurance: Scout +20, Rangers +10

Strength: Warrior +20, ranger +10

Stamina: Scout +20, Assassin +10

Agility: Monk +15, Druid +15, Assassin +15

Power: Monk +15

Having a "normal" weight is good: Adventurer +15

I like to lift stuff, the heavier the better! Warrior +25, Ranger +15

Climbing stuff, you know. Trees, walls, mansions. Assassin +25

I like to move around on long distance using my own strength! Scout +25, Assassin +10

I mostly want to take care of my body better. It all starts with food you know. Adventurer +25, Druid +10

Parkour! Free running! The city is my playground! Assassin +25

I like competing with other. Monk +25, warrior +10, ranger +10

Fighting. One versus one with my fists or weapons! Monk +25

Life is pretty frantic. I'm looking for relaxation and self-awareness. Druid +25

I would like to use my own body to gain some strength: Assassin +15, Scout +15

I like to train alone or with a very limited number of person. Assassin +15, scout +15, adventurer +10

I like to train with other people. I'm a sociable person. Ranger +15

Meditation. Monk +10, druid +20

Crossfit! It's everything above or almost. Ranger +20

If you count the points, you can notice that it's not balanced at all! Assassin must have the highest numbers of points, adventurer the less. But I don't know the other guilds well enough to be able to do the balance by myself :)

• Like 1

Thanks all, but really it's not that good yet. As Kelekona says, it's just a decent start. I need to gather way more data to make this page useable and hopefully useful. I'll do my best though :)

Thanks all, but really it's not that good yet. As Kelekona says, it's just a decent start. I need to gather way more data to make this page useable and hopefully useful. I'll do my best though :)

It is much better than a decent start.

My suggestion is to every activity and stat focus give Rangers some points since they are a jack-of-all-trades.

Great work Nuala.

Just a little comment... because I nitpick.

you may show it ot the other guild members to

Should be to. Yes I'm that kind of person ;)

Either way I like. I was assassin first, then scout, then druid... hmmmm :)

OMG that is freaking awesome.

Suggestions: Have at least one question that is for a specific guild like your Druid question that is worth the most points. Looking at your questions the three single guild questions are assassins, druids, and rangers. All but the ranger is worth 25 points.

I would also try and limit the other questions to only apply to two guilds at most. The next step I would do is put out a request to the guilds (or just the guild leaders) for phases they best think describe them. Any that are similar combine into one question.

If you can't whittle it down to two guilds have that statement be worth less overall. Example I like competing with others only be worth 5 points. Also that one could apply to scouts.

Edit: Glitch maybe

For the race question when I pressed I don't know it would not allow me to click any further.

Edit: Glitch maybe

For the race question when I pressed I don't know it would not allow me to click any further.

I noticed this too. The options don't highlight and your cursor doesn't change, but if you click on any of the possible options (Tall, Average, Small or tiny), it will still work.

Update:

For the class selector I added the following question and answers:

What kind of hero do you want to become?

Hulk, Thor, Xena, Conan, Staci

Lara Croft, Nathan Drake, Desmond Miles

Chun Li, Elektra, Daredevil, Rock lee

Simon Belmont, Samus Aran, Indiana Jones

Mario Bros, Flash, Roadrunner, Sonic the hedgehog

Link, Princess Peach

Each lines gives 10 points to its guild. Feel free to give me some new names to add to the list :)

• Like 1