• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Nuala

NF character generator: Find your guild!

I didn't understand this at first because I thought this was to help answer questions for things we have in our FAQ.

Then when I went through it, I found out it was a signature generator. Good stuff!!!

P.S. I might also add it looks pretty close to the signature I've been using... so you have mighty fine taste. :)

Hey, this is pretty cool. I too spent a while trying to figure out what I was supposed to do. It pegged me pretty heavily assassin which it probably should. One thing that I might add is something to help you pick attribute points. I think if I have it correct, this takes the attributes and uses that to help pick your class. However the attribute decisions are still arbitrary. I would suggest maybe like one question for each attribute to weight everything. I just started with 2s for everything and added and subtracted from that based on what I thought. Otherwise - Strong work!

I think I will give 120 points per guilds. The progress bar is up to 100 of course, but some extra points may make the decision more accurate.

For now the points are:

Adventurer:

having a "normal" weight is good +15

I mostly want to take care of my body better. It all starts with food you know. +25

I like to train alone or with a very limited number of person. +10

I would like to use my own body to gain some strength +10

I like to move around on long distance using my own strength! +10

It starts with food... +25

Link, Princess Peach +10

Total: 105

Assassin:

Stamina: 10

Agility: 15

Climbing stuff, you know. Trees, walls, mansions: +25

Parkour: +25

I would like to use my own body to gain some strength +15

I like to move around on long distance using my own strength! +10

I like to train alone or with a very limited number of person. +10

Lara Croft, Nathan Drake, Desmond Miles +10

Total: 120

Druid:

Flexibility +20

Agility +15

I mostly want to take care of my body better. It all starts with food you know. +10

Life is pretty frantic. I'm looking for relaxation and self-awareness. +25

Meditation +20

A History of Yoga, The Origin of Buddhist Meditation +20

Dhalsim, Shaolin monks, Shiva +10

Ranger:

Flexibility +10

Endurance +10

Strength +10

I like to lift stuff, the heavier the better! +15

I like competing with other +10

I like to train with other people. I'm a sociable person +15

Crossfit! It's everything above or almost +25

Simon Belmont, Samus Aran, Indiana Jones +10

Scout:

Endurance +20

Stamina +20

I would like to use my own body to gain some strength +15

I like to move around on long distance using my own strength! +25

I like to train alone or with a very limited number of person. +15

Mario Bros, Flash, Roadrunner, Sonic the hedgehog +10

total: 105

Monk:

Agility +15

Power +15

I like competing with other +25

Fighting. One versus one with my fists or weapons! +25

Meditation +10

Chun Li, Elektra, Daredevil, Rock lee +10

Total: 100

Warrior:

Strength: +25

Power: +15

I like to lift stuff, the heavier the better! +25

Starting strenght, Woman's guide to lifting. +25

Hulk, Thor, Xena, Conan, Staci +10

Total: 110

Closer but still not there yet. Any comments?

Hey, this is pretty cool. I too spent a while trying to figure out what I was supposed to do. It pegged me pretty heavily assassin which it probably should. One thing that I might add is something to help you pick attribute points. I think if I have it correct, this takes the attributes and uses that to help pick your class. However the attribute decisions are still arbitrary. I would suggest maybe like one question for each attribute to weight everything. I just started with 2s for everything and added and subtracted from that based on what I thought. Otherwise - Strong work!

The attribute points are independent. They represent what you are right now and not what you aim to be. At first I coded a description for the attributes like:

STR 0: I'm so weak I can't raise my own arms

STR 1: I'm ok I guess. I can lift some weight as long as it's not too heavy

STR 2: I'm not weak, but not that strong either

STR 3: There is still room for improvement!

STR 4: I feel strong, no doubt about that

STR 5+: One of my strong point for sure!

But attributes are relative to each other, I may not be weak but I can have a super flexibility and charisma so I won't be able to put as much points as I want in STR to fit the description. That's why I commented that part of the code. I can still put it back if you think it's better than the actual system. :)

One thing it didn't account for, for me, was that I chose most of the options I could from each question because I like most of the stuff. It put me as an Assassin instead of a Ranger.

So, for now I have:

Ranger:

Flexibility +10

Endurance +10

Strength +10

I like to lift stuff, the heavier the better! +15

would

Ranger:

Flexibility +10

Endurance +10

Strength +10

I like to lift stuff, the heavier the better! +10

Fighting. One versus one with my fists or weapons! +10

Climbing stuff, you know. Trees, walls, mansions: +5

Parkour: +5

Be more adequate?

[Edit]Actually, if you could give me the list of option you checked, that would help me making sure that the ranger win. I have no clue what a ranger does apart crossfit :D

Edited by Nuala

One thing it didn't account for, for me, was that I chose most of the options I could from each question because I like most of the stuff. It put me as an Assassin instead of a Ranger.

Maybe you should be an assassin.

Actually, if you could give me the list of option you checked, that would help me making sure that the ranger win. I have no clue what a ranger does apart crossfit :D

Everything! I can't remember what exactly I checked, but I believe it was everything but the running, fighting, competing and working with others. And crossfit, but that is most definitely a ranger thing.

I came up with the following:

Rangers:

Flexibility +10

Endurance +10

Strength +10

I like to lift stuff, the heavier the better! +10

Climbing stuff, you know. Trees, walls, mansions: +5

Parkour: +5

I would like to use my own body to gain some strength +10

Any rangers willing to test?

Any rangers willing to test?

*Warning - Possibly Graphics Intense*

I just ran it again, and here's what I selected, followed by my results:

Everything but the 'normal weight' was picked from the first choice

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5588[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5589[/ATTACH]

Not a bad lineup for the options selected, even though Ranger is tied in 6th place.

There are some questions that seem to be asking for a single answer, even though it has check boxes. So, when I select only one capacity, bedtime reading and hero (Stamina, Starting Strength and Indiana Jones, respectively), it gives me results of Assassin first, Warrior and Scout tied in second and Ranger 3rd.

Maybe I just need to become a meditating Assassin?

post-4917-1356724499977_thumb.jpg

post-4917-13567245000063_thumb.jpg

Thanks all for your feedback!

@bigM: well, I think it will be in beta when I'll have managed to balance the class I suppose. Not all the guilds have their 120 points for now.

@leadchipmunk: When I look at your choices, I directly think assassin/warrior. So I can say that my program is accurate with what I think of the guilds! But yeah, that won't help much ^^'

@CoreyD: happy to hear that I'm not doing all wrong. I won't have much tome to work on this this week end, but I'll do my best to finish it quickly.

@leadchipmunk: When I look at your choices, I directly think assassin/warrior. So I can say that my program is accurate with what I think of the guilds! But yeah, that won't help much ^^'

I'm not complaining, just testing it out for you. The way I see it, a Ranger is either multi-class or crossfit (which is pretty much multiclassing in one intense program). So since I scored very closely in multiple things (6 guilds really close together), that means I want/do multiclass.

Also, Assassin/Warrior is an awesome combination.

Maybe add a heavily-weighted Ranger answer for each questions that's All of the Above? Seems like that might balance it out some... Or, and I have no idea how to code anything so I don't know if this is possible, if someone checks more than 75% of the boxes, give them some Ranger points?

Anyway, I think this is TOTALLY AWESOME.

For ranger I figure you could just give some small amount of ranger points for every option with big points for things that specifically apply to them. This seems to be what you're doing, just might want to spread the little points around more. You wouldn't want to increase the total possible any more since they are already pretty high compared to other classes.

Whoooaaa, this is so awesome! I haven't picked a class yet, so I actually found it pretty informative; I was typed as an Assassin, closely followed by Ranger, which were basically the top two classes I was thinking about choosing, haha.

Anyways, great work and keep it up! You've done an amazing job so far and I can't wait to see the final version. :D

Glad you liked it!

I didn't had much time to code this week end but I could at least fix the bug where the race was not appearing in the generated signature. I'm getting back at work as soon as my real life work gets a little more calm :)