Carsomyr's "Lift big and get sh*t done" challenge

Carsomyr

Goal 1 : Squate Bigger (+3 STR)

Current back squat is 5 x 5 x 65 kg.

"Ok" Target : 5 x 5 x 80 kg

Awesome Target : 5 x 90 kg (very almost bodyweight)

The plan is to continue with my current system of lifting 5 x 5 three times a week. Sunday = Same weight as last tuesday, Tuesday = Sunday + 5 kg, Thursday = Tuesday + 5 kg

I don't have weight to do increments smaller than 5 kg, so going up and then doing a small deload seems to work best.

Goal 2 : Get back to some cardio (+3 STA)

Been getting lazy again and doing no cardio, again.

"Ok" Target : Do some cardio one every week

Awesome Target : Run 5k in less than 30 mins at least twice before the end of challenge

I could do the run a few months ago, but with all my slacking its out of range at this point. But it should be doable to get back there in a few weeks.

Goal 3 : Cut down on junk food (+2 WIS, +1 CON)

The easy availability of cookies, soft drinks and rusks at work has led to the formation of some bad habits with regards to snacking.

Ok Goal : No cookies at least 21 days in the challenge, no soft drinks at least 21 days in the challenge, no rusks at least 21 in the challenge

Awesome goal : 0 soft drinks during challenge during (or shortly after) work hours, cookies less than 6 days in the challenge, rusks less than 6 days in the challenge

The plan : Track everything that gets eaten. This won't involve weighing anything but does mean that every single cookie or soft drink gets tracked. Portion size for meals is not at issue for this challenge. Clearly seeing the problem usually helpe me a lot

Life Goal : Get house in order (+3 WIS)

Its been just over a month since I moved into my new place and it still looks like a disaster area.

* Finish spackling around electrical outlets

* Get covers on electrical outlets

* Get furniture in the living/sitting room (before pic follows)

* No random objects lying around the house, and no just hiding them in cupboards

"Ok" Goal : Get the first two items done, have furniture either in flat or on order so that there is no longer anything I need to do until it gets delivered.

Awesome Goal : First two done, furniture in flat, all rooms cleared of clutter and random objects and cuipboards are organised (photos required)

Before:

Me : IMG_20120924_212450.jpg IMG_20120924_212506.jpg

The living room : IMG_20120924_211427.jpg

Half-Ogre Monk Initiate

Level 0

My challenges : Level 1 Challenge

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination - Way of Kings

Good luck on your goals, as far as getting stronger, make sure you eat enough to increase your strength, especially if

You feel you've hit a plateau.

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Jrock817,

level 1 Spartan Warrior

STR 2|DEX 2|STA 2|

|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 3

[/TABLE]

Current challenge thread

http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?18262-Jrock-s-getting-back-into-the-game-challenge&p=309102#post309102

Day 1

Still at 65 kg work weight on squats today, but will hit seventy on thursday. OHP just struggled today, should have been able to get at least two sets in at 35 kg

Back Squat

* 5 x 20 kg

* 5 x 20 kg

* 5 x 30 kg

* 5 x 40 kg

* 5 x 50 kg

* 5 x 5 x 65 kg

Press

* 5 x 20 kg

* 5 x 20 kg

* 5 x 25 kg

* 5 x 30 kg

* 1 x 5 x 35 kg

* 1 x 4 x 35 kg

* 1 x 1 x 35 kg

Bent-over row

* 5 x 35 kg

* 3 x 5 x 40 kg

Food

Note that all coffee is black with no sugar unless otherwise stated. I actually enjoy coffee without adding anything.

Breakfast

• Bacon
  • 2 Eggs
  • Spinach
  • Muchrooms
  • Yelow pepper
  • Coffee

Lunch
  • Rice
  • 2 meatballs
  • Peas and corn

Dinner

• Chicken
  • Mixed squash
  • Mushrooms
  • Onion
  • Coffee

IMG_20120925_200348_1.jpg
Snacks
  • Milktart (fail, birthday at work)
  • Biltong
  • Dried fruit
  • Coffee

Cookies : 0/1 so far

Softdrinks : 1/1 (yeah)

Rusks : 1/1 (yeah)

Not the absolute best start, but things could have gone a lot worse all round

Half-Ogre Monk Initiate

Level 0

Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination - Way of Kings

Hey mate. Haven't seen you in ages. Good to see you're still taking names.

Been slacking for quite a while, but back at it properly again now. Should stay for the whole challenge properly this time.

Excellent and very well defined goals. I am sure you will achieve them.

I am also wondering if you are a Baldur's Gate 2/D&D fan since Carsomyr is the best weapon, the Holy Avenger for the Paladins. :)

Very big fan of both BG and BG2. I played a paladin and that sword was a really big part of my character. Plated a lot of pen and paper D&D for a while as well but nothing recently

Half-Ogre Monk Initiate

Level 0

Been slacking for quite a while, but back at it properly again now. Should stay for the whole challenge properly this time.

Very big fan of both BG and BG2. I played a paladin and that sword was a really big part of my character. Plated a lot of pen and paper D&D for a while as well but nothing recently

Brilliant ! They don't make them like they used to. .However, I don't know if you know but BG and BG2 is being remastered and re-released for Mac and PC. :)

I used to play a dual classed human berserker mage and romanced Viconia. However, on my very first BG2 run, I played a Paladin - an Undead Hunter actually because I wanted to use Carsomyr after reading about it. :)

Ancalagon The Black. Half Dragon Spellsword

Brilliant ! They don't make them like they used to. .However, I don't know if you know but BG and BG2 is being remastered and re-released for Mac and PC. :)

I used to play a dual classed human berserker mage and romanced Viconia. However, on my very first BG2 run, I played a Paladin - an Undead Hunter actually because I wanted to use Carsomyr after reading about it. :)

Yeah, I have heard that their doing it. Haven't decided whether I'll take it for a spin or not, will decide after finding out exactly what would be diferent.

Day 2

No workout scheduled for today

Food

Breakfast same as yesterday

Morning

• Rusks (sigh)

Lunch
  • Beef stew
  • Rice
  • Peas

Afternoon: Coffee, orange, grapes

Dinner

• Beef Schnitzel
  • Mixed squash and mushroom leftovers

House
Did some spackling to fill in the gaps around two of the plug sockets, will need to do another round to get it filled properly.
Day 3
Workout
Today was supposed to be squats, OHP and deadlift. After first two sets of squats with just the bar my one hip was acting up badly, so I decided not to continue. Think I probably screwed it up at work yesterday.
Did general stretching and some rolling of the effected hip and surrounding area instead to try and get a recovery for the next scheduled workout.
Food
Breakfast still the same :)
Morning
  • Coffee
  • Apple

Lunch

• Potatoes
  • Biltong
  • Brocolli
  • Salad
  • Soft drink (fail)

Afternoon : Coffee, cookies. Generaly there is fruit available as well and that would have worked, but todat there was nothing else
Supper
  • Mash
  • Sausage
  • Squash and mushrooms

House

What looks like the final round of spackling around the two sockets got done as I need to do something to work on my goals after not getting the workout in.

Food score

Number of days succesfully avoided :

Rusks : 2/3

Soft drinks : 2/3

Cookies : 1/3

Pack more fruit and other healthy snacks instead of relying on the lunchroom to have healthy alternatives.

Drink more water during the day to be less thirstly at lunch

Half-Ogre Monk Initiate

Level 0

I like your detailed tracking. In this challenge, I only set strength based fitness goals for myself but in later challenges there will be more complex goals. I might borrow some from your page then. :)

Also: http://www.baldursgate.com/news/2012/03/29/announcing-baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition-for-mac-os-x/ (squee)

Ancalagon The Black. Half Dragon Spellsword

Ok, so were just going to cover today and give a summary of where we stand with regards to the goals at this point rather than try and write updetails for everything. I'll try and keep this up better.

Goal 1 : Squat Bigger

[table]

SquatPressDeadlift

10 x 20 kg

10 x 30 kg

10 x 35 kg

10 x 35 kg

10 x 20 kg

10 x 20 kg

10 x 25 kg

5 x 30 kg

5 x 30 kg

5 x 40 kg[/table]

Had a big scare with my back on Sunday due to bad squat form and having done some other crap which strained my back a bit during the day. Keeping things light till sunday and then going to be focussing on form rather than pushing for higher weight. So this goal probably isn't happening this challenge. Will be trying to do some light lifting everyday to help out with this rounds Fall Frenzy!

Goal 2 : Cardio

Did tabata intervals as part of the Burpee challenge on saturday, which counts as that weeks cardio based on how I felt afterwards. Need to step it up for this week

Goal 3 : Eat less crap

So today was awesome, managed to avoid eating anything on the "do not eat or drink" list.

Current standings are (sucess / total days)

Rusks : 4 / 6 (2 fails)

Soft drinks : 5 / 6 (1 fail)

Cookies : 3 / 6 (3 fails)

Things need to improve a lot to have any hope of hitting the main goal of having less than 6 fails in each category. 2 of the cookie fails have been due to birthdays (which are done till the end of the challenge, thank goodness). Rusk fails tend to happen when I forget my snacks at home. The soft drink fails are just stupid, not even going to try and make excuses.

Life : House in order

So last week I spackled and painted all the outlets which had ugly gapps around some edges. I also finally (this has been going on for over 6 weeks) identified some furniture that I'd like for the living room, so that will hopefully arrive this week.

There is still a lot of crap lying around the house which needs to get cleaned up, but at least we have some momentum

Half-Ogre Monk Initiate

Level 0

Goal 1 : Squat Bigger

[table]

SquatPressBarbell Row

10 x 20 kg

10 x 30 kg

10 x 35 kg

10 x 35 kg

10 x 20 kg

10 x 25 kg

5 x 30 kg

5 x 30 kg

5 x 35 kg

10 x 35 kg

10 x 35 kg

[/table]

Just putting lighter weight in to keep working for the challenge while resting back from heavy stuff

Goal 3: Eat less crap

Excellent day today, avoided everything

[table]

BreakfastMorningLunchAfternoonDinner

Bacon

Eggs

Mushrooms

Red pepper

Spinash

Coffee

Coffee

Apple

Pear

Chicken

Mixed Veg

Rice

Coffee

Apple

Strawberries

Dried sausage

Dried fruit

Pork strips

Pattipans

Carrot

Spinach

Red cabbage

Mushrooms

Red pepper

[/table]

Nothing to report on other goals for today. Back is getting better, will up weight a bit next week to the point where my form starts to feel wobbly and then get some video.

Half-Ogre Monk Initiate

Level 0

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines