Majora's "Rut to Routine" Challenge

majora52

[table]

Mens-Locker-Room-Braille-Sign-SB-0255.gif

MAJORA'S "RUT TO ROUTINE" CHALLENGE

So allow me to be frank. There are a few motivations to this challenge:

1. About 9 months ago, I was showing a 4 pack for the first time in my life. Needless to say, I'm keeping it under a pad of ice at the moment
  2. I've been out of routine for the past 6 weeks due to a lower back injury, (Don't lift heavy things in an environment where you cant stand up straight. I say this from experience) and desperately want to get back into being regular at the gym
  3. Lastly and most vainly, for work, I have to use a community shower. With other guys. We're all naked. I've gotten over the shower shy, but self-esteem wise, I feel like crap being a (very capable but) lumbering sack of fat.
    <---

Now my confessions are out on the table, and its time to get my nose on the grindstone.

3000493748_4925040267.jpg

Not me by the way. I'm not white :D

Goal 1- ROUTINE ROUTINE ROUTINE

I LOVE weight lifting. Its one of the most awesome things known to man kind. Who knew that [1. Move heavy object 2. Move back heavy object 3. Repeat] could be so satisfying. Well if getting into that routine was just that easy, especially since I have so many ambitions. This is why this goal has 2 parts:

Part Un: Weight Lifting

Goal: Lift at least 4 times a week

How: I'm going back to this workout plan that I track on JeFit. Its a hefty lifting routine, but it produced amazing results when coupled with decent cardio (see point 1). I'll be keeping a daily log each day I do something, so I'll keep honest

Reward: STR +3

Part Deux: Cardio

To survive the up-and-coming Zombie Apocalypse I need to become true to the No. 1 Rule of Zombie Land. Most importantly, I need to get into a habit of doing this.

Goal: 3x a Week, at Least 5 miles total

How: Putting on shoes usually helps. Its finally getting cool enough in Houston that I can run outside in the mornings. Also, during my lunch break, there's a gym facility I can use on site, so that is my second option. Lastly, I could always run after I lift.

Reward: STA +2, DEX +2

Goal 2- Look Better Naked

I have all the motivation I need here (see point 3). My weight has increase about 10 lbs since the back injury (my eating has been super crappy),

putting me at 197 lbs and 23.5% body fat, or 46.6 lbs body fat

Goal: Get down to 21.5% body fat, or loose about 5 lb of fat at this current weight.

How: In addition to attempting Goal 1, I will limit eating out to 1 per week; I eat quite reasonably healthy when I make my own food. Also, I will start keeping a food diary (which may be the death of me)

Reward: CON +2, CHA +2

So there you have it. Now to actually get down to business.

Blood Sweat and tears,

Drew

[/table]

[table]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[table=width: 350]

Foreign Warrior

STR 3

DEX 2

STA 2

Level 1

CON 3

WIS 3

CHA 2

Links

Current Challenge

Battle Logs

[/table]

[/table]

You can feel sore tomorrow, or you can feel sorry tomorrow. YOU choose.

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines