A Warrior's Training Challenge

jessydiamond

Nice ! I have been wanting to get one for ages. Which one did you get?

This one : http://www.crock-pot.com/product.aspx?pid=8861

I wanted the automatic warm setting feature, since I'm gone for around 10 hours while most things cook in 8.

I'm trying a not-quite-healthy pulled pork (pork tenderloin + BBQ sauce) with onions and sweet potatoes today. Next time I'll be using a dry rub, which should be healthier (less sugary). I'll be posting the results in the report tonight.

[TABLE]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[TABLE=width: 400]

Elf Warrior

LVL 2

STR 6

CON 3

DEX 3

WIS 5

STA 4

CHA 6

[/TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Twitter

Regarding your #4 goal, i struggle with the same thing. I've found that it's a lot easier to maintain such things if you tell yourself that you have to clean it up after you're done with it, or when the trash becomes full (before over flowing!).

Lvl 5 Penguin Warrior:  10 Str, 3.5 Dex, 6.5 STA, 23.5 CON, 12.25 WIS, 5.75 CHA

Intro | Current Challenge Thread | Character sheet
My Personal Blog | My Food Blog

There are no failures, only learning pains

Regarding your #4 goal, i struggle with the same thing. I've found that it's a lot easier to maintain such things if you tell yourself that you have to clean it up after you're done with it, or when the trash becomes full (before over flowing!).

Overflowing thrash? I'm an expert in overflowing trash! Sometimes when my trash is full, I just pick up another bag that I put next to it. Last time, I was at 3 "secondary" bags. You're right, I have to get used to the idea of cleaning everything once I'm done with it, instead of waiting until there's too much stuff everywhere.

[TABLE]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Elf Warrior

LVL 2

STR 6

CON 3

DEX 3

WIS 5

STA 4

CHA 6

[/TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Twitter

Great ! Let me know how it works out and depending on your review, I will get one as well. :)

It was delicious! I used a partially frozen (defrosted overnight in the fridge, but was not totally defrosted) pork tenderloin. Cooked it on low for 8 hours with onions and sweet potatoes on top. It was ready when I got home. I cooked some asparagus on the stovetop and voilà, a tasty meal.

I guess I could have separated the veggies from the pork for a better presentation, but here's a picture.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5739[/ATTACH]

Week 2, Report #3 :

Goal #1 : Now doing 4 sets of 8x75 pounds ! It was difficult, but not extremely difficult. I was able to do that last rep with relative ease.

Goal #2 : 136.4. That's it, I'm fat. Okay, maybe not, but I'm not used to all this weight. This is my highest weight, ever. This is not a good thing for some of you, but in my case, it's great. Unless I'm really getting fat. 6 weeks with the exact same weight and now almost 4 pounds in two weeks? Something's wrong.

Goal #3 : It's a bit late, just finished my shake. Going to bed right now.

Goal #4 : Slow cooker is clean and ready, a lot of stuff in the sink, but nothing on the kitchen and coffee table.

post-10063-13567245074668_thumb.jpg

[TABLE]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Elf Warrior

LVL 2

STR 6

CON 3

DEX 3

WIS 5

STA 4

CHA 6

[/TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Twitter

That pulled pork/onions/sweet potatoes and asparagus looks so good I want to crawl through my screen and eat it! I've been dabbling with getting a slow cooker that switches to warm after 7-8 hours. I already own three slow cookers, so I was hoping one would stop working or something weird to give me an incentive to buy a new one. Lots of my stuff gets a bit over-cooked, but it's still edible, so it's hard to validate the purchase.... Yet. :)

Re: Gaining weight. If you're trying to gain weight, then it's not "something's wrong" it's "something's right." Nice work!

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

2" washers for smaller weight increases

Express weekend report

Tried to do a beef & tomato stew in the slow cooker. It was decent, but not fantastic. Not enough meat. I'll probably be hungry in an hour and I have 3 portions in leftovers. Great.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5775[/ATTACH]

Nothing to report for goal 1 and 2.

Goal #3 : Boring weekend, so I was in bed a 11PM. Tomorrow is Canadian Thanksgiving, so I'll be up late tonight if everything goes accorded to plan.

Goal #4 : I'm not proud of myself. I let myself go over the weekend. Trash is full, sink was full, a few plates lying around. The horrible consequence?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5776[/ATTACH]

Fruit flies in the kitchen. Fruit flies in my bedroom, in the bathroom, everywhere. I tried to make a trap, but there's so many of them, I can't catch them all like Pokemons!

So tomorrow will be big cleanup day.

post-10063-13567245113192_thumb.jpg

post-10063-13567245113633_thumb.jpg

[TABLE]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Elf Warrior

LVL 2

STR 6

CON 3

DEX 3

WIS 5

STA 4

CHA 6

[/TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Twitter

Week 3, Report #1 :

Goal #1 : Going strong.Second time with 75 pounds, I was already able to do a 9th rep on the last set. I'm tempted to try 80 pounds next time. We'll see.

Goal #2 : 136.2. I think I should weight myself in the morning, but I always forget.

Goal #3 : Going to bed right now.

Goal #4 : Kitchen is very clean, freezer is now almost empty (it was about time, half of the stuff in there was more ice than food), living room is almost clean. Still a lot of fruit flies everywhere, 4 traps currently set up.

New bonus challenge for me. I have to read two books in three weeks. I don't know where I'll find the time, unless I go to sleep at 10:30 instead of 10:15. I'll have to find a better way.

[TABLE]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Elf Warrior

LVL 2

STR 6

CON 3

DEX 3

WIS 5

STA 4

CHA 6

[/TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Twitter

Homemade fruit fly trap = vinegar in a bowl. works every time. :)

I have a bowl with vinegar, another with fruit and another with fruit juice. I was also able to catch a "regular" fly with my fruit trap.

Quick question here, any breakfast ideas that are quick and not oatmeal ?

[TABLE]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Elf Warrior

LVL 2

STR 6

CON 3

DEX 3

WIS 5

STA 4

CHA 6

[/TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Twitter

Rashers of bacon and sausages.

Eggs in whichever way you would like, boiled, poached, steamed, omelettes etc.

These 2 are my go to brekkers every time. :P

I usually eat scrambled eggs, but I'm quicky getting tired of it. I tried multiple variations (cheese, veggies), but it's still eggs. Anyway, it takes a bit of time to prepare, which I don't like. Maybe if I was able to wake up 10 minutes early, but I'm still too tired in the morning to do this.

[TABLE]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Elf Warrior

LVL 2

STR 6

CON 3

DEX 3

WIS 5

STA 4

CHA 6

[/TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Twitter

Week 3, Report #2 :

Goal #1 :Nothing interesting to report today. Well, a man was using this machine. Guys, please don't.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5822[/ATTACH]

Goal #2 : Morning weight was 132.8. Before bed weight is 136.3.

Goal #3 : Making some protein balls, then going to read for a few minutes.

Goal #4 : Less fruit flies! The traps were somewhat effective. Still a lot left, but not as much.

post-10063-13567245132476_thumb.jpg

[TABLE]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Elf Warrior

LVL 2

STR 6

CON 3

DEX 3

WIS 5

STA 4

CHA 6

[/TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Twitter

Week 3, Report #3 :

Goal #1 : Goal 1 was supposed to be about weight, I swapped them since report #3. Good job Jessy. Anyway, weight before bed : 135.6. Oh non, I'm losing weight. At least I'm still over my 3 pounds goal.

Goal #2 : Added 5 pounds to every big lift (bench, squat, press). Hardest was the bench press. Wasn't able to complete my last set by one rep. I'm a bit disapointed, b...Waaaaaaaaaaaait a minute. I had 2x10 each side, plus the bar, that makes 85 right ? Apparently I added 10 pounds to my bench press instead of 5 because I can't count. Oops. Also, my everything hurts.

Goal #3 : Reading makes me sleep late, not a good thing.

Goal #4 : These damn flies are back in force. My traps aren't catching anything. Emptied the trash even if it wasn't full, I'll see if it helps. Maybe I should get a smaller trash can? However, I'm really getting better at keeping my apartment clean.

Oh yeah, I have to add, I'm meeting my trainer this Sunday. New program, I don't know if bench press will still be on the menu. I technically reached my goal, but I'm not satisfied, so I'll tweak it a bit to fit my new program.

[TABLE]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Elf Warrior

LVL 2

STR 6

CON 3

DEX 3

WIS 5

STA 4

CHA 6

[/TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Twitter

Week 3, weekend edition report :

Goal #1 : Exactly 136 pounds.

Goal #2 : I was supposed too see my trainer today, but he was sick. Result : 2 more weeks with the same program. My trainer is a busy guy.

Goal #3 : Taking my weekly progress picture, then going to bed.

Goal #4 : Didn't do a lot this weekend, not proud of me.

[TABLE]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Elf Warrior

LVL 2

STR 6

CON 3

DEX 3

WIS 5

STA 4

CHA 6

[/TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Twitter

Week 4, Report #1 :

Goal #1 : 135.4. Didn't drink a shake since I didn't complete my workout, that might be why I lost weight today.

Goal #2 : I did it! 85 pounds, 4x8 reps. Okay, that last rep was shaky as hell, but still, I did it. However, it's the only thing I did today. My energy levels were very low and I wasn't feeling very well. So today is a forced rest day.

Goal #3 : Preparing tomorrow's lunch, then going to bed. 9PM max. I didn't sleep well last night, I'm really tired.

Goal #4 : Washed my bedsheets. Better than nothing I guess.

[TABLE]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Elf Warrior

LVL 2

STR 6

CON 3

DEX 3

WIS 5

STA 4

CHA 6

[/TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Twitter

Excellent reports ! I like it ! Also, you have gained an average of 3 pounds since this challenge started haven't you? Thats really good !

Yes, I did! It would be great if I could go up to 5. By the way, I want to thank you for your participation in my thread. This is appreciated. I guess I should comment in the other threads myself, but I prefer to spend less time on the computer. Maybe next challenge. We'll see. Anyway, report time.

Week 4, Report #2 :

Goal #1 : 136.8. Back on track ! I ate spaghetti squash for the first time ever today. It was nice to eat something that's not rice or potatoes. Ate it with an improvised slow cooked chicken cacciatore.

Goal #2 : Wasn't sure if I wanted to do the rest of yesterday's working or skip it. I finally decided to stick with my schedule. Nothing to report here.

Goal #3 : Very late today, talked with my dad over the phone, messed with my schedule.

Goal #4 : Trash is empty, dishwasher content is clean (but not empty), slow cooker is clean.

[TABLE]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Elf Warrior

LVL 2

STR 6

CON 3

DEX 3

WIS 5

STA 4

CHA 6

[/TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Twitter

Week 4, Report #3:

Goal #1 : Exactly 136. In my defense, I ate a protein bar instead of drinking my usual shake.

Goal #2 : I was able to do that last rep like a pro! I'm getting good at this.

Goal #3 : I got my new shiny laptop today, I played with it for a while (mainly uninstalling bloatware), so I was late to the gym.

Goal #4 : See Goal #3.

[TABLE]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Elf Warrior

LVL 2

STR 6

CON 3

DEX 3

WIS 5

STA 4

CHA 6

[/TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Twitter

Week 4, weekend report :

Goal #1 : Still 136. I'm stalling. :(

Goal #2 : Nothing special to say here, not a bench day. Except maybe more biceps, baby!

Goal #3 : Hmm, yeah. It's pretty late. Ran out of time to do every thing I had to do today.

Goal #4 : At least the cleaning is done.

[TABLE]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Elf Warrior

LVL 2

STR 6

CON 3

DEX 3

WIS 5

STA 4

CHA 6

[/TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Twitter

Back on the old laptop. I really don't like the noise the fan makes. Kind of high pitched and pretty fast, even on idle. Let's hope Lenovo has a decent customer service.

Week 5, Report #1:

Goal #1 : 136. Probably not enough chicken in this meal.

Goal #2 : The good thing is that I feel more in control, which means better form. The not so good this is that I totally blew up that last rep. I should have stopped at 7. Anyway., this means it's working, right ?

Goal #3 : I went to bed pretty late last night and I ate very late tonight (decided to go to the gym after work instead of after dinner). I'll read a bit about cats, then good night.

Goal #4 : Trash is empty, dishwasher still have plenty of space. I'm in control.

[TABLE]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Elf Warrior

LVL 2

STR 6

CON 3

DEX 3

WIS 5

STA 4

CHA 6

[/TABLE]