A Warrior's Training Challenge

jessydiamond

Keep it up man. I feel your pain. I am injured in the quads, the ankle and the back. I almost didn't want to go to the gym today but I still went just to keep that habit alive. :P

Great to hear that you're sticking with it!

I had an upset/bloated stomach, which is quite different from muscular pain. I won't give any details, but let's say I may have lost some weight yesterday.

[TABLE]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[TABLE=width: 400]

Elf Warrior

LVL 2

STR 6

CON 3

DEX 3

WIS 5

STA 4

CHA 6

[/TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Twitter

You may try digestive enzymes as a supplement for this kind of bloated gassy stomach. I was having it recently while eating copious amounts of food but the problem seems to have largely dissipated once I started taking them before every major meal.

Thanks for the tip. This would make my life so much better.

[TABLE]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Elf Warrior

LVL 2

STR 6

CON 3

DEX 3

WIS 5

STA 4

CHA 6

[/TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Twitter

Tried to call tech support for my new noisy laptop for the second time. They're closed, even if it's supposed to be 24/7. I'm guessing the French service is more limited? I'll have to call back tomorrow. If I have the time. Not even sure I will.

Week 5, Report #2:

Goal #1 : 137. I and thought I would be even lighter since I skipped my shake yesterday.

Goal #2 : Okay, I'm back to where I was before. Last rep was hard, but very doable. No excessive shaking, but I won't go heavier anytime soon.

Goal #3 : Late late late. I'm sorry. Blame the laptop. And the guy at the gym who was on the squat rack for 30 minutes.

Goal #4 : Dishwasher is full, I'll start it before going to work tomorrow.

[TABLE]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Elf Warrior

LVL 2

STR 6

CON 3

DEX 3

WIS 5

STA 4

CHA 6

[/TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Twitter

At least you have a dishwasher man. I do everything by hand. :)

I do not regret this purchase at all!

Week 5, Report #3, the morning after edition:

Goal #1 : 136.2 when I went to bed last night. I think I'm hitting some kind of plateau. Should I eat more? I don't know what I could add to my diet...

Goal #2 : Not a bench day and I missed my other no-bench day workout this week, so I didn't go overboard.

Goal #3 : Went to bed around midnight. Hey, it's the weekend.

Goal #4 : Didn't have the time to do anything. Either I have nothing do do except the gym, either I have 3040382954 things to do at the same time. Yesterday was the second. Visiting my familly today, I'll clean up what's left to clean tomorrow. And I'll take out the trash today.

[TABLE]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Elf Warrior

LVL 2

STR 6

CON 3

DEX 3

WIS 5

STA 4

CHA 6

[/TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Twitter

If you want to gain weight, GO GOMAD ! :D

Not sure I want to drink that much milk (beside, I don't have a car, that would make very heavy trips to the grocery store), but I will probably add another cup or two to my diet.

[TABLE]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Elf Warrior

LVL 2

STR 6

CON 3

DEX 3

WIS 5

STA 4

CHA 6

[/TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Twitter

Sorry for the lack of update. I was very busy this week and couldn't go to the gym for two days. I had a meeting with my trainer today and should be back on track tomorrow. I'll have to squeeze three workouts before this Saturday afternoon. I can do it.

Week 6, Report #1:

Goal #1 : 138 pounds! New high score. Wow.

Goal #2 : Didn't do a full workout today, but my new program will contain 5 sets of 8 reps on the bench, plus 4x10

Goal #3 : Went to bed very late these last few days. Today will be similar. I'll go to bed early tomorrow, unless I want to die of exhaustion.

Goal #4 : At least I was able to keep the appartment relatively clean. I have to take out the trash tonight.

[TABLE]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Elf Warrior

LVL 2

STR 6

CON 3

DEX 3

WIS 5

STA 4

CHA 6

[/TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Twitter

Week 6, Report #2:

Goal #1 : Stayed at 138.

Goal #2 : First day with my brand new program today, but not a chest day. Still, a very intense workout. The goal here will be to lower the rest time between each sets, squats being the hardest.

Goal #3 : Still a bit late today, but yeah, busy week.

Goal #4 : Didn't have the time to do a lot, sadly. I'll clean up tomorrow, I promise.

[TABLE]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Elf Warrior

LVL 2

STR 6

CON 3

DEX 3

WIS 5

STA 4

CHA 6

[/TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Twitter

Sorry for the off-schedule updates. I won't be able to provide my before bed weight tonight. Today is my friend's birthday, so I'll be out of town for the weekend.

Week 6, Report #3:

Goal #1 : As of right now, 135.6. My weight fluctuate at lot during the day, so it's fairly normal.

Goal #2 : Alright. 5 sets (or maybe 6) on the bench, with a slightly faster speed than usual. My trainer suggested to drop the weight a bit, but I decided to stay at 85. It went really really well. I'll try 90 next week.

Goal #3 : I was dead. Like, "I went to bed at 8PM" kind of dead.

Goal #4 : So I didn't clean up because I was sleeping yesterday, but I did some cleaning this morning.

[TABLE]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Elf Warrior

LVL 2

STR 6

CON 3

DEX 3

WIS 5

STA 4

CHA 6

[/TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Twitter

Looks like you're on track to have gained 3 pounds! If you're looking for easy ways to add more calories though, I'd try eating more fatty foods -- nuts are pretty easy to snack on in high calorie quantities, you can get fatty cuts of meat, and you can extra olive oil or butter to your cooking. If you eat vegetables like mushrooms or eggplant, those soak up oil really well, so cooking either in fat will help you add extra calories even if the vegetables themselves don't have much in the way of calories.

Looks like you're on track to have gained 3 pounds! If you're looking for easy ways to add more calories though, I'd try eating more fatty foods -- nuts are pretty easy to snack on in high calorie quantities, you can get fatty cuts of meat, and you can extra olive oil or butter to your cooking. If you eat vegetables like mushrooms or eggplant, those soak up oil really well, so cooking either in fat will help you add extra calories even if the vegetables themselves don't have much in the way of calories.

I eat nuts every day (I buy those big jars from Costco) and mushrooms are always on my grocery list. I like the eggplant idea, it's a vegetable I really underuse. Thanks for the tips. My new goal will be to hit 145 in less than three months. More milk, more nuts, more meat.

[TABLE]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Elf Warrior

LVL 2

STR 6

CON 3

DEX 3

WIS 5

STA 4

CHA 6

[/TABLE]

[/TABLE]

Twitter

And that's the end of the challenge. I'll post a final update tomorrow.

Week 6, Report #4:

Goal #1 : Final weight : 138.2.

Goal #2 : Didn't go to the gym today, but one of my friends is a Crossfit fan and made me a (very hard) workout. It was fun. And painful.

Goal #3 : Going to bed now.

Goal #4 : Did less than I wanted. I am disappointed.

[TABLE]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Elf Warrior

LVL 2

STR 6

CON 3

DEX 3

WIS 5

STA 4

CHA 6

[/TABLE]