Hello to all. I have been reading Nerd Fitness now for the past 6 weeks and decided it was time to finally jump on the forums. I have already made major improvements to my life by following the advice given here. Like many others, after graduating high school my fitness and overall health fell by the wayside. I went from squating 315lbs my senior year of high school to barely being able to squat 90lbs a month ago. I was caught up in the daily grind of college, work, wife, and then kids. When I began to pull muscle's taking off my shirt at the end of the day, I decided it was time to make a change. My gut was growing larger and I felt tired and sick all the time. Then I stumbled upon this site and it has saved me.

I am 27 with a wife, 2 year old girl, and 5 month old baby girl. After having my kids I realized they were all that mattered to me and I wanted to make sure I would be around for them for as long as possible. I also read Steve's article about a man being able to take care of his family and save them in a dire situation and felt horrible because I new that I probably couldn't. So all in all, I have decided to change all of that. My goal in life is to be the best father possible to my kids. They are my world. I want to be healthy and live a long life with them. I also want to lead by example to them and show them a healthy lifestyle that will benefit their own health.

I will post my first 6 week challenge later own today.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lvl 1 Ranger

STR 3 | DEX 4 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 4 | CHA 1

Challenge 1

"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body"

Sir Richard Steele