6 pack Rhino- V3

Phoenix

My biggest and long term focus is a more muscular physique- bigger and thicker muscles all over. Right now I look skinny fat. Since I haven't changed my goals much from last time I'm deliberately going with the same title.

I'm not going to focus on just what I can lift on the big 3, but

*on what I lift on multiple compound exercises covering my whole body+

*proper nutrition

How?

*"BEAT THE LOGBOOK" -DANTE

*TRAINING PROGRAM: Since I'm doing 2 Personal Trainer courses, I'm not sure how to structure my lifts, my bodypart splits. At the academy I'm going to practice everything they teach. If I get the chance I'm going to train over there as I usually would. If not then, I'll just practice my forms over there and have regular scheduled training sessions at my regular gym.

*In the PT program they'll be covering new lifts I don't have much experience with, for e.g.: overhead squats, the 2 Olympic lifts. I'll also be practicing them on my own.Now since I'm not sure how the classes are structured and how much time we'll be spending in learning everything, I'm not very clear on how to base my goal PRs for this 6 week challenge.

I'm going to go back to my original program (DC split).Focus will be on, 1st and foremost, the proper form.

After which I'll focus on weekly progression. "BEAT THE LOGBOOK" -DANTE

Form:

1.Body tightness/ Rigidity

2.Welding

3.Neutral Static Cervical

4.Visualization/focus/meditation

5.Valsalva

6.Punctuation

7.Set up

8.Sub Talar (Centre of base of support)

VERY IMPORTANT- WORK ON MINDSET..HOW TO BE MORE EXTROVERT, PSHYCHE OUT IN THE GYM, NOT TO BE

CONSCIOUS ABOUT HOW OTHERS LOOK AT ME WHILE I FREAK OUT IN THE GYM

*Regular CARDIO in the gym for 3 sessions a week. Will focus on progression in cardio as per my plan. Right now it's being able to hit 45 minutes. To work upto 45 minutes, I'll focus on a 2 minute increase per session.After hitting 45 minutes, the intensity (the speed, level of resistence/incline) goes up.

However this is considering I have 3 days to work on my cardio. If my weight training sessions are clashing with cardio, I'm focusing on weight training.

*Nutrition- all my macro, micro nutrients.

-Diet: Go in for P:C= 1:2

125 grams of protein: 250 grams of carbs

Only protein from 1st class sources to be counted.

-Micro supplemets:

Split the dosages in 2 with around 8 hours in between. Will be training in the evenings mostly.

At Beginners level intensity:

Breakfast/Meal 01

Flaxseed powder: 1 teaspoon

Pre Training:

B complex: 1 cap

Post Training:

Vit C: 500 -2 caps

Vit E: 400 -1 cap

At Intermediate level intensity:

Breakfast/Meal 01

Flaxseed powder: 1 teaspoon

Multivitamin: 1 cap

Dinner:

Fish oil: 2 caps

Pre Training:

B complex: 1 cap

Post Training:

Multivitamin: 1 cap

Post Workout

3 bananas

1 scoop whey

1 heaped spoon glucose/sugar

Loading:2 spoons creatine

Maintenance: 1 spoon creatine

Morning/Evening as per workout

3 bananas

1 heaped spoon glucose/sugar

Loading:2 spoons creatine

LIFE GOAL:

Set up my career in this field. Since I'm taking this plunge, I'm going all the way in.

A big mistake I made with earlier fields was to focus too much on my own learning, becoming good at it while not focusing enough on the marketability, selling myself...the green $$

There are some things which I'm not uploading here, but keeping it on google docs as reference.

1.PT exams. Clear them as I've set up my schedule.

*Practicals Viva

*Viva

*Topic by topic. Take a chapter, make notes in terms of defns, questions asked. If I have trouble doing it on my own, then re-attend classes.

Start by 1 topic a day.

RACE: ORC WARRIOR

PROFESSION/GOAL: RANGER WARRIOR

Goals summary:

1.Weight Training according to DC split. Will be changed as and when I learn new stuff at the academy. As soon as I can execute something with proper form, focus on progression. There must be SOME progression every session. Use rest pause, partial reps at the end if I cannot have clean reps at the end of a set.

Options:

*Pavel style -practice everyday.

*Train at the academy. After class is over, just do my regular split.

*On days of classes- train different lifts in the morning

*Train on other alternate days

2.Cardio

3.Nutrition

Life goals:

1.PT exams. Go through the topics as I've set up them up in my schedule.

*Practicals Viva

*Viva

*Topic by topic. Take a chapter, make notes in terms of defns, questions asked. If I have trouble doing it on my own, then re-attend classes.

Start by 1 topic a day.

End result: 6 weeks is too less to see visible changes in hypertrophy. So I'll just look at my logbook.

1.Good form

2.All bodyparts evenly covered

3.Progression

Gdoc

End look: pics I've collected to represent what I would consider a decent physique to be.

@ Ancalagon The Black :

Lol! That Orc thing brings back memories of my 1st challenge here..we all sort of drifted to the Beauty & The Beast land!

I have ADHD and one great tip I came across is not to rely on your brain, but to create an auxiliary brain - so I've dumped it all here and some more stuff on my google docs and they all help me maintain structure.

1st update:

Practiced my squats today- but this time with new tips discussed in class yesterday. Most imp. of all- Rigidity/ full body tightness. Damn! I was fighting myself more than the weight. The jaw clenching, white knuckle grip full body isometric contraction has made me sore throughout the body- funny considering I did not go beyond 135!

But I do see the logic in this and will continue practicing.

The downside is it's 2.34 am now and I can't fall asleep :(

My CNS seems to be overstimulated!

Deadlift PR: 365

Had done it in 2011- but this time without belt and without straps. And also wore shoes increasing my ROM by 1 inch. Finally re-hitting pre Malaria numbers!

So how's the CNS doing after DL PR and full body squat clenching? :)

you never realize how loose your form is until you really concentrate on keeping things tight. It makes a world of difference when the numbers start getting high.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

@Bean: Thank you :)

So how's the CNS doing after DL PR and full body squat clenching? :)

you never realize how loose your form is until you really concentrate on keeping things tight. It makes a world of difference when the numbers start getting high.

Damn right! although my CNS is not as bad as it was that day! :)

New bench press PR: 205 X 2

Previous: 185 X 1

Also new PR on Cable triceps pushdowns:

150 (Stack) x 15 (not to failure--just stopped after 15!)

Working in a crowd with a coach shouting cues and people motivating you does wonders! You don't even think of the weight as too much..nor do you think about other perceived limiting factors..."oh! is should go to the loo 1st.."

"I did my abs yesterday"

"my warm up is not enough"

"I'm not good to go today...my nutrition was very bad..."

Nothing! You should go in and lift! I can see why so many people like crossfit so much!

Week 01 update:

1.Weight Training according to DC split. Will be changed as and when I learn new stuff at the academy. As soon as I can execute something with proper form, focus on progression. There must be SOME progression every session. Use rest pause, partial reps at the end if I cannot have clean reps at the end of a set.

Options:

*Pavel style -practice everyday.

*Train at the academy. After class is over, just do my regular split.

*On days of classes- train different lifts in the morning

*Train on other alternate days

*Hit 3 PRs: Deadlift, Bench Press, Tri pushdowns.

Apart from the main lifts, I showed varied degrees of progression on all my lifts.

On the ones marked 'form'- I still have to focus on using correct form. The ones marked 'nil' -zero progression.

So?

*Practice better form on my lifts. Better frequency. "Practice" is the watchword here.

*If I feel too tired at the end of the session- the complete the other exercises in the next session. Or take big breaks.

DB rows: form

Pulldowns: good (switch to pull ups now)

Shrugs: good

gripper: nil

incline db curls:nil

reverse curls: good

abs:

sit ups:good

nil for all below

lateral flexion

leg raises

planks

rotations

decline db:form

incline db:nil

overhead: nil

laterals: form

ext rot: form

Cardio:

*Did only 1 session as opposed to two.

Did not plan the timing, kept lazying the whole day and then just did not do it.

*Nutrition:

Good. Hit all parameters.

*Life goals:F!!

Did not even start.

Juts a rant/ something going through my head today/something I desperately needed to hear-

Hardcore-

It's not going to the gym and freaking out with heavy weights 3/week.

Hardcore is not just about overcoming your fear of heavy weights.

Hardcore is doing what must be done.

Hardcore is overcoming boredom to do cardio, to travel 30 minutes to reach the gym, just to spend an hour traveling to & fro from the gym for a session taking 30 minutes, it's eating 6 meals a day of what needs to be eaten no matter how bland it is, no matter how boring it is. Hardcore is doing my stretches, my foam rolling. It is NOT focusing on the 80-20 paradigm but treating that 20% as important as the 80%. It is going to the gym for multiple sessions to take care of neglected bodyparts.

Hardcore is overcoming boredom, laziness, Adhd, depression to do what needs to be done. It is focusing on the journey, just focusing on one small step at a time and being confident that you'll reach your destination.

Hardcore is not building a shell around you to live in a cocoon but to to be what you are in the world and help others in what you've specialized in!

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines