Training for a GoRuck

nightlight

Well new user here. I just read through all 28 pages and must say it was very entertaining  :nevreness:

I am doing my first Challenge in June in San Diego.  I guess I must get over my hate for sand and water by then or just learn to suck it up. lol

All the advise everyone has given has been very helpful.

The only thing that scares me is the running. I HATE running...just HATE it.  This is also not one of those thing I can do but hate it...I am terrible at it and hate it.   sigh....oh well. 

My challenge involved several miles of running over the course of the night.  I know someone else who just finished a challenge and they had even more running.  

You should plan on running at least .25 mi at a time w 35# on your back on various terrains (we had grass/park, pavement, and stairs - a lot of stairs - running). 

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Hey all you nerds!  I haven't been on here in a while (RL work and personal stuff getting in the way), but I just finished a Light this past weekend and wondering if GORUCK is still a thing here hahaha. (https://www.facebook.com/events/1454056731497370/).

sometimes.  I just did a beach challenge.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

A bunch of us did a challenge in Boston in May and I know there are quite a few planning on a challenge in July in San Francisco, maybe a challenge in Toronto in August (Roooob?), and a challenge in Chicago in September. And that's just the ones I've heard about. Good livin' is contagious, apparently. 

Raptron, alot assassin

6564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

A bunch of us did a challenge in Boston in May and I know there are quite a few planning on a challenge in July in San Francisco, maybe a challenge in Toronto in August (Roooob?), and a challenge in Chicago in September. And that's just the ones I've heard about. Good livin' is contagious, apparently. 

Nice!  Do you know what weekend the Chicago Challenge is in September?

Hey cline, you talking the Beached Expedition event or a GRC that was mostly on the beach?

GRC on a beach and in the water but not beached.  It was really tough.  Amazing but really hard. 

I AM going the distance

Well I just [rather impulsively] registered for a GoRuck Light next week. Anyone know what to expect?

Lots of smiles :) 

About an hour of PT with a ruck on. Push ups, bear crawls, crab walks, tunnel of love (not that lovely). 

Then geting in some water for more PT 

Then roughly 4-5 hours of jogging around with rucks, team weights, a log, and PT around the city. 

Then at the end some more PT. Then that's about it :)

Easy day all day. 

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

5 minutes ago, Sloth the Slow and Steady said:

*bump*

Who else is training for a Go-Ruck this summer?

Registered for a GoRuck Tough later this year. I have no Idea how I'm training for it. All I've been doing is swinging kettlebells.

• Like 1

I'm staring down a back-to-back Tough and Light in Winnipeg this July.  Needless to say my primary training will be beaucoup mileage under my ruck.

Check out the PvP forum for my RuckFit challenge, if anyone is game!

• Like 2

[ Level ?? ]  Rurik the Windblade, the Blade Who Dances, Warhawk of the Steppes.

BRUTALITY 13 | FINESSE 12 | GRIT 13  | INSIGHT 15 | MOXIE 13

Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

Current:   Cry Havoc™: Bladesong of the Warhawk

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik Harrgath became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR.

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wolfpool.

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager.

I just registered for a Memorial Day Tough on 27 May in Atlanta, so I'll be starting some train-up for that. All I'm going to do is start logging some miles with a rucksack on, nothing special. Probably start around 4 miles and 50 lbs and go up from there. Per my current Challenge goals, I am required to ruck at least once every other week.

• Like 3

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.