Training for a GoRuck

nightlight

Yea!!! I keep thinking about signing up for something before the one I'm supposed to do. I just need to really think about it and whether or not I want to travel for one.

Storm prep = great rucking practice. Rucked home batteries (big D size batteries for a radio), beer, and water. Rucked to work extra clothes and water.

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Nerds! Help me decide: high rise stair climb race (which I'm dying to do) or women's only go ruck class!!!! They just announced it and it's the same day as the stair race!!!! How do I decide??????

I AM going the distance

'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Have you done one?

I'm so torn.... Already signed up to ruck in June, but an all women's ruck could be awesome.

Then again, running up a high rise = brilliant.

I AM going the distance

Agreed. Hmmmm might wait on the ruck...

I AM going the distance

awesome.

had my first ruck. got my 10lbs in weights yesterday. rucked them home. it's about .75 miles. 20 min exactly. (keep in mind, i have to walk through times square, that slows me down a bit.)

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Yea!!!! Ruck ruck ruck through times square! Awesomeness. How did it feel? Did you use dumbbells?

I AM going the distance

Yea!!!!!i swear I saw someone rucking The turkey trot today...

I AM going the distance

So for you experienced GORUCKers, how tired/sore/out of it were you the following day week? The only reason I ask is I need to plan the GORUCK around my current DL goal. And sadly the GORUCK is on the day before my scheduled DL day. I just don't want to get too far behind.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Hey everyone! Been a while since i posted on here since training for my 2/23/13 grc has been on hold, but i wanted to tell everyone about a "mini- grc" for charity that im doing on 12/8/12.

One grt alum's best friend has an inoperable brain tumor so they are doing 4-5 miles, 7-10 miles mini goruck in the Vally Forge area in PA.. They are asking for those who wish to participate to do a minimum donation of 40. Its being organized all on facebook so im not sure if i could post any working links but if you are interested tell me and ill try to hook you up with the info.

So far we are looking at 40 people or more, this could be one giant event with a crazy after party as well.

About 8 people im doin my GRC with in Feb are doing this so im all in, plus as someone who lost a wife to cancer an does many similar events, i dont think you cant beat a grc for charity ;p.

Assassin: Rank: 6 (Disciple) STR: 10 DEX: 20 STA: 7 CON: 6 WIS: 6 CHA: 5
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
"Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he indeed is the noblest victor who conquers himself." - Buddha
Height: 5'9" Weight: 215lbs Age: 34
|RW's Chronicle(log)| RW's Introduction|Fitocracy|Challenge|

I might be interested. I'll PM you.

I AM going the distance

Hello everyone, I have been a lurker of this thread and the other regarding the GRC and decided this morning to join up with y'all. My first GRC is Jan. 12 in Dallas and I am totally stoked. A little of my history, I ran track (100m, 200m, 110h) and then ran one XC meet in college and quit...distance was never my thing. I joined the Air Force in 2004 and since leaving, I have done absolutely nothing physically involved. I went from 145 to 185 after getting marriaged and having a kid. 3 months ago, a friend took a photo of me holding a bowling ball and I looked like I was hitting the third trimester of pregnancy (and I am a dude). Since then, I picked up crossfit, mountain biking, and weighted ruck walk/runs. So far, I have lost 15 pounds and would say I am paleo 70% of the time, every time :friendly_wink:

My current training schedule is as follows:

Tuesday and Thursday: Crossfit

MWF: Weighted ruck walk run of at least 6 miles or at least 10 mile bike ride.

Saturday: My discretion...I am working up to a mile of lunges with my GRC weighted ruck.

Sunday: Rest

I am a professional pilot so I am gone a lot, so on the road its a mix of TRX suspension training, running, and my overnight bag is a large tactical backpack the weighs about 40# and I will ruck and train with that.

Anyone else doing the Dallas challenge in January?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ranger Hound

STR: 3 | DEX: 2 | CON: 2 | STA: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 2

I go to Crossfit Isorropia in Carrollton. Its a newer box with really good trainers and a few GRT's lurking around. It also has some of the best prices and most of the time there is less than 3 people in each session...at least for the 0930 time, yesterday I was the only one.

PM me if you want to meet up sometime and do a weighted ruck hike.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ranger Hound

Bakeek! Welcome!!! Yea!!! Love the avatar too. LOL.

Ruck on my friend.

I AM going the distance

GoRuck announced dates for Ascent, Trek, and Navigator. Navigator looks like a new event...totally stoked about finding out what it is!

Mods...Any chance we can get a GoRuck separate page for all things GoRuck? Theres no real GoRuck official thread other than FB.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ranger Hound

"Come with me if you want to lift" -The Brominator

"Later, I would learn that coincidences are the most planned things in the world. Later, I would learn that every single moment is a coincidence." - Douglas Coupland

"Anyone who doesn't want french fries every day is a commie." - AngelaTheGeek

Current Challenge

INSTAGRAM!!

find me on twitter

Unfortunately, training this week has been put on hold. I have had a stomach bug that is very different than any from the past. It starts out with a stomach ache, then really bad cramping followed by bloating. Then it completely went away for two days and came back the exact same way yesterday and today! Needless to say, I haven't worked out except for Tuesday when I thought I was better but I couldn't get in the full workout cause I started feeling sick again.

Anyways, whatever this bug thats going around, its very deceptive...and uncomfortable. Hopefully tomorrow I feel better again and can go on a bike ride or something.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ranger Hound

Just completed my first GORUCK event, called a GORUCK mini ( these are not official and are usually done for charity), so it was 5 hours instead of 10... Seems like most of the people there were GRT but there were a few complete newbies like myself. What an amazing experience with great people and for a good cause.

There is no competition between this and a mud run... I wont be bothering with them anymore. I loved getting under that log! I'm actually doing pretty good physically, my shoulders are a little rough but otherwise fine.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6598[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6599[/ATTACH]

I'm the bald guy in the grey Nerd Fitness shirt ( you damn straight I wore it!) all the way on the left hehe.

If this is any indication, February in AC is going to be an amazing experience :)

post-7922-13567245589578_thumb.jpg

post-7922-13567245590278_thumb.jpg

Assassin: Rank: 6 (Disciple) STR: 10 DEX: 20 STA: 7 CON: 6 WIS: 6 CHA: 5
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
"Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he indeed is the noblest victor who conquers himself." - Buddha
Height: 5'9" Weight: 215lbs Age: 34
|RW's Chronicle(log)| RW's Introduction|Fitocracy|Challenge|