Fall Frenzy

bigm141414

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure the other House of Blues patrons thought I was a nutcase!

Hubby thought so, but at least he video'd the shenanigans!

That's even better!!!

I got a total of 105 of those bad boys in.

"I'm just going to remember to not eat like an asshole most of the time" - MoC

three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: one must squat.- Brobert Frost
 Half-Elf Warrior | Current Challenge
 New Battle Log | Old Battle Log
Special thanks to AkLulu for drawing my awesome avatar!

Hulk vs. the Flash... Warrior vs. Scout.

Makes me think of the Team Fortress 2 videos (Heavy and the Scout)...

Lift heavy my friends.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Titanium Bulwark

Level 4 Goliath Warrior

STR: 14.5 DEX: 7 STA: 12.5 CON: 8 WIS: 9.5 CHA: 5

Out of 100 men in battle, 10 shouldn't even be there, 80 are just targets, 9 are real fighters,

Ah, but the one,

One of them is the WARRIOR, And he will bring the others back.

- Hericletus 500 BC

Isaiah 40:31 "..but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

I'm aiming for 40K total, doing big lifts (Wed/Fri/Sun). My approach is pyramiding like I did during the shuttle lift. (Pyramiding back down, reversing my warmup sets after finishing my working sets.)

Is it fair to add in things like KB swings, calf raises, etc.? That seemed OK during the shuttle since both sides could do it. But for some reason seems unfair this time around. Weigh in as I don't mind adding but don't want to take an unfair advantage. All scouts have are their legs. There's not a way to stack the deck on distance. :)

Shape-Shifting Ginger
Current Battle Log

2" washers for smaller weight increases

I'm aiming for 40K total, doing big lifts (Wed/Fri/Sun). My approach is pyramiding like I did during the shuttle lift. (Pyramiding back down, reversing my warmup sets after finishing my working sets.)

Is it fair to add in things like KB swings, calf raises, etc.? That seemed OK during the shuttle since both sides could do it. But for some reason seems unfair this time around. Weigh in as I don't mind adding but don't want to take an unfair advantage. All scouts have are their legs. There's not a way to stack the deck on distance. :)

I kind of had the same thought, I normally do shrugs (I just did a lot more of them for the challenge). And I don't know the official ruling, but I think it will even out because they can run every day between now and sunday, but most of us will only get two-three days of lifting in during that time. That's the way I feel about it anyway.

The path to Swolehalla is paved with a lot of Swolehate, and you won't get there without being Swole of Spirit too.

Race: Fiendish Blue Extension Cord

Class: Warrior
Links:  MFP  Battle Log  Current Challenge

FYI, Spezzy ruled that bodyweight exercises DO NOT add to your weight total.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Titanium Bulwark

Level 4 Goliath Warrior

STR: 14.5 DEX: 7 STA: 12.5 CON: 8 WIS: 9.5 CHA: 5

Out of 100 men in battle, 10 shouldn't even be there, 80 are just targets, 9 are real fighters,

Ah, but the one,

One of them is the WARRIOR, And he will bring the others back.

- Hericletus 500 BC

Isaiah 40:31 "..but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

I wondered about kettlebells too. And leg presses. Even I could probably move a reasonable amount of weight on the leg press

[table=width: 600]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 3 Elf Warrior

STR 9.5|DEX 6|STA 9|CON 7|WIS 8.5|CHA 2

Challenge thread

Twitter

"There is never an absolute answer to everything, except of course that you have to do your squats." - Mark Rippetoe

[/table]

so, 1 mile roughly equals 1610 meters. My workout tonight is going to total somewhere around 10k. So converting that to miles gets me 6.2 miles. This is going to be interesting.

Lvl 5 Penguin Warrior:  10 Str, 3.5 Dex, 6.5 STA, 23.5 CON, 12.25 WIS, 5.75 CHA

Intro | Current Challenge Thread | Character sheet
My Personal Blog | My Food Blog

There are no failures, only learning pains

Egad, guys! I'm sick with crud in my lungs!!! I don't think I'll have a lot to put on the board this week, but dammit I'm going to try! We cannot get knocked out this early in the competition!!!!

90+ Masters Weightlifter

Current Lift PRs
Snatch: 93kg/205lb // Clean and Jerk: 113kg/248lb // Back Squat: 170kg/375lb

Spoiler

2016 USAW Senior Nationals - 6th place

2015 USAW American Open - 8th place
2015 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place
2014 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

2013 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

Instagram - MyFitnessPal

Egad, guys! I'm sick with crud in my lungs!!! I don't think I'll have a lot to put on the board this week, but dammit I'm going to try! We cannot get knocked out this early in the competition!!!!

No worries, do what you can, but rest up for later. It's a double elimination and if sports movies have taught me anything then fighting our way out of the losers bracket just makes us the underdog!

The path to Swolehalla is paved with a lot of Swolehate, and you won't get there without being Swole of Spirit too.

Race: Fiendish Blue Extension Cord

Class: Warrior
Links:  MFP  Battle Log  Current Challenge

What if I'm lifting weights on hammer strength machines? smith machines? is the weight the same as in free weights? What if I'm just practicing my movements and not working out? partials? static holds? farmers walk?

See the point here? It keeps getting too confusing.

Let's not complicate matters! Weight is weight. If you are lifting it- then please log it! Kettlebells, leg presses, shrugs, machines, barbells -everything.

Am very glad that Spezzy ruled out bodyweight exercises. Not because I don't like them but I felt it created some confusion in the shuttle challenge.

No worries, do what you can, but rest up for later. It's a double elimination and if sports movies have taught me anything then fighting our way out of the losers bracket just makes us the underdog!

200px-Underdog.jpg

Even the underdog is a weightlifter... I mean, look at those biceps!

90+ Masters Weightlifter

Current Lift PRs
Snatch: 93kg/205lb // Clean and Jerk: 113kg/248lb // Back Squat: 170kg/375lb

Spoiler

2016 USAW Senior Nationals - 6th place

2015 USAW American Open - 8th place
2015 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place
2014 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

2013 USAW Senior Nationals - 9th place

Instagram - MyFitnessPal

Just do what you can, safely and comfortably. If my understanding is correct, it's averaged based on how many people have threads, so every little bit counts.

So this week I'm doing my SCUBA stress and rescue training, 3 nights of theory and apparently a very physicaly taxing weekend. Meaning I sould use tonight (my only night off) to rest up... But I could just go to the gym instead. I think we all know where this is heading.

On the upside I'll spend Saturday and Sunday lifting and moving SCUBA gear (and people). Im sure I can find something to do with the ~50kg of lead I'll be lugging around.

Kettlebells are iron. If you swing it, it must be a lift. If you snatch it, it is definitely a lift.

If not, no more weight for me since tomorrow is kettlebell day.

Do not worry if you have built your castles in the air.
They are where they should be.
Now put the foundations under them
. - Henry David Thoreau

So far we're losing! LIFT MOAR!

According to the numbers spezzy dropped on the burpee challenge, the scouts have 41 members while we have 68. Their current total is 106,706 while ours is 170,228. That averages out to 2,602 for the Scouts and 2,503 for us.

According to the numbers spezzy dropped on the burpee challenge, the scouts have 41 members while we have 68. Their current total is 106,706 while ours is 170,228. That averages out to 2,602 for the Scouts and 2,503 for us.

No worries. I had a real workout this morning but I'm going to the gym tonight and will use the feels-like-cheating leg press and do a bunch of sets of 10 at 2.5BW or something. I can only get a couple of reps at 3x :D

How about Complex Bears? :D

Once I get my thrusters up to 135 or so I'm going to switch it up now and again with these.

Not our problem, they better get them legs moving. Especially since I dropped a marathon on them yesterday...

Oops, for got to log mine.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Can someone add 42950 to the sheet for me? I can't do google docs from work.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

She said the denominator this time was the number of people participating, though, not the number of people in the guild.

[table=width: 600]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 3 Elf Warrior

STR 9.5|DEX 6|STA 9|CON 7|WIS 8.5|CHA 2

Challenge thread

Twitter

"There is never an absolute answer to everything, except of course that you have to do your squats." - Mark Rippetoe

[/table]

She said the denominator this time was the number of people participating, though, not the number of people in the guild.

yeah, i figured that number out as well and we were still losing either way. CoreyD should have pushed us ahead though.

edit:

the totals are now 106706 and 299708. scouts are averaging 15,244. Warriors are at 14,985 (counting blanks) or 18,731 (not counting blanks).

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines