Jeff's Battle Log

hey there, glad  Xena checked in on you and you responded. Sorry it's been stressful.I've done that with my blood pressure too, and it is hard. You stress about it , and that makes it worse, and on the cycle goes.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

On 11/20/2019 at 8:54 PM, jstanlick said:

That really sucks. I’ll try to post the actual workout next time I’m on any actual computer. 

Well, this is disappointing. Super convenient on my phone for tracking stuff. Super inconvenient for trying to share anything. But, this is about as good as I can do without writing some code to use the Strava API and licensing and blech!

Monday workout:

Fitbod - Back, Biceps, Lower Back, Quadriceps

Date: Nov 18, 2019

Time: 49m 0s

329.0 Calories, 10 Exercises, 12,025 lb lifted

Tuesday workout:

Fitbod - Chest, Shoulders, Triceps

Date: Nov 19, 2019

Time: 48m 1s

375.0 Calories, 10 Exercises, 13,130 lb lifted

Wednesday was a rest day and Thursday involved getting my daughter to the airport by 4 AM, followed by intermittent naps and a couple of walks of the 2 2/3 mile and 1 mile variety. Today I will be attempting a very dialed back interval workout due to the knee injury. It looks so dialed back, that I debate its usefulness. However, if the knee holds up I can increase stuff the next time. So, I suppose it has a purpose.

On 11/21/2019 at 12:07 AM, Elastigirl said:

hey there, glad  Xena checked in on you and you responded. Sorry it's been stressful.I've done that with my blood pressure too, and it is hard. You stress about it , and that makes it worse, and on the cycle goes.

Funny how that works isn't it? The injuries have been the most anxiety inducing, because this thought goes through my head about not being able to exercise at the level I want to (if I'm completely honest with myself that should probably read -- the level I've become addicted to) then I won't be able to keep the blood sugar levels low. Which is a bunch of BS that my mind is completely aware of. While the exercise helps short term, the better long term solution has been and will be keeping carb intake low and getting enough sleep and movement to reduce stress. The exercise doesn't need to be hair on fire type workouts all the time. In fact, it shouldn't be or the body breaks down. Which is where I currently find myself. So, makes lots of sense to my analytical brain. Now if I can just get that adrenaline junkie in the other corner of brain to shut the hell up and sit down for a while because he's making things worse.

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

1 hour ago, jstanlick said:

Well, this is disappointing. Super convenient on my phone for tracking stuff. Super inconvenient for trying to share anything. But, this is about as good as I can do without writing some code to use the Strava API and licensing and blech!

Monday workout:

Tuesday workout:

Wednesday was a rest day and Thursday involved getting my daughter to the airport by 4 AM, followed by intermittent naps and a couple of walks of the 2 2/3 mile and 1 mile variety. Today I will be attempting a very dialed back interval workout due to the knee injury. It looks so dialed back, that I debate its usefulness. However, if the knee holds up I can increase stuff the next time. So, I suppose it has a purpose.

Funny how that works isn't it? The injuries have been the most anxiety inducing, because this thought goes through my head about not being able to exercise at the level I want to (if I'm completely honest with myself that should probably read -- the level I've become addicted to) then I won't be able to keep the blood sugar levels low. Which is a bunch of BS that my mind is completely aware of. While the exercise helps short term, the better long term solution has been and will be keeping carb intake low and getting enough sleep and movement to reduce stress. The exercise doesn't need to be hair on fire type workouts all the time. In fact, it shouldn't be or the body breaks down. Which is where I currently find myself. So, makes lots of sense to my analytical brain. Now if I can just get that adrenaline junkie in the other corner of brain to shut the hell up and sit down for a while because he's making things worse.

YOu have done so much research and self experimentation and have a good idea of what works for you, so I am confident you will figure out the right balance

• Thanks 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27