Time To Dominate!

Wildfire

Hey! I know it's a little late, but I am back for my second challenge with the Assassins. I was mediocre in completing my last challenge, so it's time to stop putting forth minimal effort and it's time to dominate my goals!

A little bit more on me.... I joined the challenge late because I was busy moving into my new dorm room! It's really exciting and I'm loving being here. I'm a freshman, and I just finished my week of classes. This last week was horrible in keeping the momentum I built with the last challenge. I've eaten poorly, barely slept, and the most exercise I have been getting is walking up the hill to my dorm a few times a day (don't get me wrong, that hill is a beast! my legs are gonna be so built by the end of the year). I realized that if I have any hope of getting myself in better shape and keeping myself there, I would need to make a plan and share it so I would stick to it. Here it is:

1. Complete 3 pull ups by the end of the challenge. This was one of my goals in the last challenge, and I barely managed to make one. Also, since I took a week off, I lost of a lot of what I gained. To reach this goal, I will be using the workout plan provided by http://twentypullups.com/node/10. Reward: +3 STR +2 DEX

2. Run 2 miles/ 20 minutes straight. I'm using the couch to 5K workout plan for this one. I'm starting with week one and I aim to be at week 5 by the end of the challenge. Reward: +4 STA +1 DEX

3. Eat fruit and vegetables every day. Since I eat in the dorms, it's really easy to eat unhealthy food all day. This goal is more of making a conscious effort to choose healthy foods and actually eat them. Reward: +3 WIS +2 CON

4.Be able to juggle for a minute straight. right now, I can do about 10 seconds. For this, practicing a few times a week is how I will accomplish the goal. Reward: +3 DEX +2 CHA

*Personal Challenge* Even though it's not one of my main goals, I will also be challenging myself to be on time every class this quarter.

Rogue Assassin

"You just have to get up one more time than life can knock you down."STR-3.5 DEX-10.25 STA-4 CON-3.5 WIS-6.25 CHA-5 

Welcome back and good luck on your challenge! College is so freaking stressful; I am impressed with you tackling your challenge at the start of a semester; that's super bad-ass. I find that in order to avoid eating/snacking on crap it's good to make sure I have easy to prepare things to snack on (ie, nuts, green pepper cut into strips, sliced cucumber, etc). Stuff that you don't have to cook but can throw a little salt and pepper on for a yummy snack.

And love your juggling goal, that's so cool. Party tricks!

"In the silence of your bones and eyes forgotten magic sits and waits for fire." 

-Robert Montgomery

Assassin Crest

human assassin | viper jock
STA: 6.25 | STR: 6.5 | CHA: 9 | WIS: 12 | DEX: 5 | CON: 6.5

Sister's Getting Swole: Starbuck Vs. IrishAmazon

Fitocracy

Focus on the workouts. I found they give so much energy that the rest of the day is much easier. I love the quote "I'm too busy not to exercise", can't remember where I got it from though..

Your goals sound well chosen. Ambitious, but totally in reach. But I'd try to make them more specific and make up a plan how to reach them.

Svane Krios, Level 1 Drell AssassinSTR 1 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 2 | WIS 4 | CHA 3Intro - Fitocracy - Lift - 2013 Goals - Life GoalsChallenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 (current)"Amonkira. Lord of Hunters. Grant that my arms be steady, my mind be clear, and my feet swift.And should the worst come to pass, grant me forgiveness."

for the pull ups I HIGHLY suggest using this system of doing negatives etc. It will get you going, I'm up to 3 pull ups now and did my first pull up about a month ago.

http://twentypullups.com/

good luck on that, and also getting out there and running. I just became a runner(specifically a barefoot one) for the first time a few months back and now I'm up to 7 miles and loving every minute of it.

Assassin: Rank: 6 (Disciple) STR: 10 DEX: 20 STA: 7 CON: 6 WIS: 6 CHA: 5
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
"Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he indeed is the noblest victor who conquers himself." - Buddha
Height: 5'9" Weight: 215lbs Age: 34
|RW's Chronicle(log)| RW's Introduction|Fitocracy|Challenge|

Your goals sound well chosen. Ambitious, but totally in reach. But I'd try to make them more specific and make up a plan how to reach them.

Thanks! Using your advise, I went back through my goals and planned out how to reach them, not just what I wanted to reach. If you have any more advise on how I can tweak my goals to make it clearer for me to reach, I welcome them input, along with any other advice you have

Rogue Assassin

"You just have to get up one more time than life can knock you down."STR-3.5 DEX-10.25 STA-4 CON-3.5 WIS-6.25 CHA-5 

Welcome back and good luck on your challenge! College is so freaking stressful; I am impressed with you tackling your challenge at the start of a semester; that's super bad-ass. I find that in order to avoid eating/snacking on crap it's good to make sure I have easy to prepare things to snack on (ie, nuts, green pepper cut into strips, sliced cucumber, etc). Stuff that you don't have to cook but can throw a little salt and pepper on for a yummy snack.

And love your juggling goal, that's so cool. Party tricks!

Thanks! I'm stocking up on healthy snacks that will be within easy reach.

Rogue Assassin

for the pull ups I HIGHLY suggest using this system of doing negatives etc. It will get you going, I'm up to 3 pull ups now and did my first pull up about a month ago.

http://twentypullups.com/

good luck on that, and also getting out there and running. I just became a runner(specifically a barefoot one) for the first time a few months back and now I'm up to 7 miles and loving every minute of it.

I just started that workout today. Thanks for recommending it. And I'm not a runner yet, but I might just love running at the end of this challenge

Rogue Assassin

I just started that workout today. Thanks for recommending it. And I'm not a runner yet, but I might just love running at the end of this challenge

if this video doesn't want to make you go out and run... I don't know what will!

http://youtu.be/PMO3Swfc4FA

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]
"Though one may conquer a thousand times a thousand men in battle, yet he indeed is the noblest victor who conquers himself." - Buddha

I'm hoping to update every other day, but for now I have to do a mass update of what's been going since I started Friday...

Ate fruit for breakfast and had vegetables for lunch/dinner every day. So far I have nailed that goal. Started running on Tuesday do 1.5 min run with 1.5 min break. Also started doing negatives to build up. Haven't practice juggling yet

Rogue Assassin

if this video doesn't want to make you go out and run... I don't know what will!

We'll see if that was enough to keep up for the whole challenge. It's a start, though.

Rogue Assassin

if you like Zombies you can always do Zombies Run LOL.. I enjoy listening to the story as I'm running at 6am in the dark like this morning.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I enjoy Zombie run, just not running at 6am :)

Got my running in this week, going for multiple runs and playing fugitive. slacked a little on working on pull ups. Gonna hit that hard this next week. Totally owned on eating fruits and veggies every day! Now I'm working on cutting sugar out of my diet...

Rogue Assassin

School hit hard this last week, and continues to push hard. I haven't made time to exercise in a week. But I have kept up on eating well...

I just need to make time to exercise this week

Rogue Assassin

Diet is still great! I've hit that strong. But this exercise thing is kicking my butt. Support to hit it hard for the rest of the week would be appreciated!

Rogue Assassin

Exercise or the owl will eat you.

Okay, but seriously, you have the capability. Every workout and every run that you feel too tired to do, you're almost definitely not actually too tired to do. Remember that a long, hard day (I said "day", get your mind out of the gutter) can't stop you from busting out what could be your greatest workout yet. You're continually improving, and will do so as long as you stick with it.

Level 4 AssassinStr 8.50, Dex 7.25, Sta 6.75Con 6.00, Wis 8.00, Cha 6.00

My tumblrtumblr for silly band names

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines