• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Strong Scott

Big Paleo Breakfasts

I'm in the middle of the Whole30 (day 21), and am in need of some suggestions for Paleo breakfasts. I have found that breakfast has been the biggest change for me since switching to a paleo diet. Without toast or oatmeal to fall back on, breakfast requires more thought and work.

Anyway, I am specifically interested in breakfasts that I could take to work with me. I sometimes work out at a gym near home and simply come back here for breakfast. But other mornings I hit a gym near work, then eat at the office. I have access to a refrigerator, microwave, and knives at work, so I can do some prep there, but nothing significant. I also need recipes that are fairly high in calories. I am trying to gain weight right now. If I eat breakfast at home, I will usually have a post-workout shake plus a breakfast involving something like four eggs, sausage, and sauteed spinach. The shake is easy to take to work, but I am in need of easily portable options to replace the other part of breakfast.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Dinner leftovers are always a good option. Make a little extra dinner, stick it in a microwave-safe container, and pull it out of the fridge before you head to work in the morning.

eggs, bacon, and some veggies in a microwave container. Almost what i have every morning at the Dining Facility (don't have much choice on the veggies so its usually a piece of fruit)

Meat and vegetable mixes, anything you can carry in a mason jar. Stir-fry is great if you skip the rice and use a spiced honey-vinegar sauce. Roast meat and carrots with onions is also pretty good. That, or you can check fast food adds for the latest salad craze and make your own version.

I often boil up a bunch of boneless chicken breasts and keep 'em in the fridge. For breakfasts on the go I will grab one or two of those with some fruit and some nuts. I eat the chicken cold or hot, sometimes add some smoked sea salt and pepper for a change. Or, make extra of your dinner some night and freeze it in portions you can take and microwave. I have heard you can make mini-frittatas in muffin tins (eggs, cooked meats, veggies, herbs/spices) and bake them up, refrigerate them for eating later, cold or warmed up in the micro. I haven't tried this yet but plan to this week.

If you have a microwave & a bowl - you can do scrambled eggs or omelet in a bowl. You can either do everything but the "cook" at home then cook it in the microwave at work, or cook it at home and heat it back up. I find the reheat is better if veggies/meat are involved due to texture.

Thanks, all. I very much appreciate the suggestions. I'm going to try them out as soon as I can get to the store. SambieWlks, the frittata idea is particularly interesting. Those would be easy to freeze, then grab on those mornings when there is not enough time to prepare anything.

I cook 2 days worth of egg scrambles at night and put them in containers in the fridge and grab one in the morning. 5 eggs, veggies and some form of meat (usually part of leftover dinner). If you had to keep it at the gym, you could put it in one of those plastic soft side lunch boxes with an ice pack in it.

Try these. Paleo Banana Pancakes. they are fantastic and you can prep them the night before, put in tupperware and microwave in the morning.

also.. and this isnt on that particular site.. for a "syrup" I put 5 sliced strawberries, a hand full of raspberries, and some blackberries in a saucepan.. heat on low like 2 or 3 on a normal stove until is starts to melt in to a sauce.. you need to keep an eye on them and stir to keep if from hardening but it makes an awesome pancake syrup alternative because it is sweet like syrup but without the artificial sugar and stuff.