Valiance's Journey Begins!

Valiance

I haven't started exercising again, but I am rocking the house with my diet. :)

Lost almost a full inch off my stomach so far. Had measured it at 39.5" at belly button height and today it's right around 38.5"! I can still suck it in almost totally flat, but my goal is to not have to suck it in at all for it to be flat. :P

Also noticing a change in my body... This was actually starting before I went simi-paleo, but I noticed that lately my body doesn't get the same satisfaction from eating burgers and stuff. It just makes me feel kind of fat and sick... And it doesn't leave me full like it used to, it makes me feel over-full and a little nauseous. This Sunday was crazy busy, and for lunch I went to Wendy's with my friends but realized literally all I "wanted" was a salad. I didn't even want to try my friends' frenchfries when they offered. Then for dinner we just barely had time to go grab something, so I went back to Wendy's and got another salad.

Today was similar... Had an opportunity to grab some drive through but I opted to wait and stay hungry till I could get home and eat some stirfry. Also haven't been wanting anything for breakfast but fruit or some eggs, lately. Even oatmeal is leaving me feeling "meh," at this point, although it doesn't make me nauseous.

Is this mostly diet related, or is it because I'm getting older? Just turned 24 recently and I'm wondering if my body not wanting the fast food is because my body is changing. I know 24 is still very young, I don't mean "getting old," but I do know our bodies go through changes as we approach the 24-26 age.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Valiance, Level 1 Aasimar Warrior

[table=width: 275, class: outer_border, align: center]

STR: 2

DEX: 3

STA: 2

[tr]

CON: 2

WIS: 3

CHA: 3

[/table]

Chapter One: Valiance's Journey Begins!

I AM OFFICIALLY ROCKING THE DIET!!!!

Frozen berry shake this morning with a scoop of protein powder and a tiny splash of chocolate milk (and about a cup and a half of water). Huge salad for lunch... it had a sprinkling of cheese on it and a few croutons, but less than a small handful of each so I think in the midst of a massive salad I'll allow myself a little cheese and some bread crumbs. :P

I feel like a damn champ about this diet! I'm loving the foods, they're easy to put together, and I feel great after eating instead of bloated or sluggish. It helps that I already loved salads, I just didn't eat them often enough.

At a rehearsal on Sunday we were jogging to get to a rehearsal on time (couldn't find parking) and when I hit the massive staircase leading up to the front door I flew up those steps like Usain Bolt. :P Everyone else who had had heavy lunches was slugging along, but I had so much energy I just sprinted up the steps and felt great by the time I hit the top!

Going to try to exercise tonight but I think my goal for this challenge has shifted to "maintain the good diet. Workout if I can," for now. Drinking lots of water, eating healthy, making sure I have healthy meals ahead of time, etc. is about all I can manage to change at the moment. But it's making a huge difference for me to just do that! I'm really surprised what a week or so of good eating can do for my mood, body, and energy!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[tr]

[/table]

sorry i didn't respond sooner -- i've been hiding in a hole.

glad to hear your talk went "okay." i mean, that's better than "bad," right? it's been over a week now -- has he met any of your friends yet? :)

& way to rock that diet! cooking appropriate breakfasts ahead of time seems like the best idea, mornings are always a frenzy in my house & breakfasts suffer as a result.

I'm also using a new study strategy that is rockin' my socks! It's the pomodoro technique, basically... I'm just making music playlists that are 25 minutes long and I study till the music stops, goof off for five minutes, then study another 25. Do that four times in a row, and then take a 30 minute break. For instance, this morning I did my four sessions, and my 30 minute break was lunch. Seems to be working really well, and it keeps me focused without feeling overwhelmed.

i love this technique! i've done something similar before, but for me i mostly just use it as a trick to get me started. i know if i spend ten minutes focused on working, i'll get absorbed in it & can keep working for a long time. the starting is the hard part, so i make playlist-length-based deals with myself. ;)

glad to hear your talk went "okay." i mean, that's better than "bad," right? it's been over a week now -- has he met any of your friends yet? :)

No, not yet but that's because he's been out of town a lot these last two weeks for work. But it's gonna have to happen soon. I think he's willing to do it, we just need to find an opportunity.

I remeasured this morning and I have now officially lost a full inch and a half off of my stomach!!!! I'm surprised that the half inch has come off so quickly! But I know I'm going to have to start some hard exercise if I want to keep this up.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[tr]

[/table]

Well, due to over sleeping my diet is off to a rocking start today since I only had time to grab a banana and I've been walking all over my office job, and now all over campus at school, alllllll morning.

I need some freakin' food!!!!!!! Probably going to run down to the cafeteria and see if I can find some sushi or something.

Does anyone else get hunger nausea? I find that if I don't get enough sleep, or if I don't eat enough, I don't just feel hungry or tired... after a while I start to feel like I'm about to puke. Like, "stop, take some deep breaths," close to puking. I never have, but it's definitely a problem for me. Which seems weird, because I don't really have anything for my body to throw up and I'm not sure why a lack of sleep would make me wanna barf.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[tr]

[/table]

Well, my inch loss has leveled off a bit these last few days. No notable changes.

Time to do SOMETHING. Literally anything will probably help bump me back. Some jogging or weight lifting.

I'm gonna do it!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[tr]

[/table]

Officially at two inches off! Huzzah!!! :D

I measure the biggest part of my stomach, just below my belly button, but this morning I noticed that the "top" part of my stomach, just below my pectorals, has begun to look a little flatter.

With five days to go, if I could lose another half of an inch that would be AMAZING!!!! I'm gonna go for it! And on Nov. 6th I'll actually check my weight to see what the actual loss has been (having started at 185).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[tr]

[/table]

Well... I'm not sure what to say, except, "oops?"

Well, lesson learned. Make small goals, make a few goals, etc.

I'm not sure that I should add any points to my stats, but on the other hand I did freakin awesome at my diet. As of this morning I'm down about 2.25" off of my stomach! My belt has moved down a full slot, and my jeans fit great.

I'm really looking forward to the next challenge... I pretty much sucked a big one at this challenge, but next time I'm gonna rock the ENTIRE challenge like I did my diet on this one. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[tr]

[/table]

I haven't been able to stop thinking about the challenge since it ended!!! I failed pretty spectacularly in terms of what I had hoped to accomplish, but I did succeed really well in terms of eating better and losing some weight. I'm not sure how many pounds, and in fact I sort of don't care, but I know I started with my stomach at 39.5", and it's down to 37" as of this morning. I keep doubting myself and had actually been under-counting the amount I'd lost because I kept thinking I must've been remembering 39.5 wrong, but luckily I took a picture of my stomach and the tape measure before I started the diet and i looked at it today so I know I'm not wrong. That's a good amount of stomach to lose!!!

I've also noticed that apparently I used to walk around sucking my stomach in! It's so instinctive. Any time the corner of my eye catches sight of my stomach, I suck it in like a reflex!!!!! Especially if I'm walking past someone else. But since I've been losing some inches, I realized I'm sucking it in less and less so that it doesn't push the front of my t-shirt out. The amount of sucking in I have to do to get my stomach to look flat under a t-shirt has decreased significantly. To get my stomach totally flat I'd have to get down to something like a 34" stomach.

So I'm proud of what I started, but also feel overwhelmingly embarrassed. I should've done better. I should have some muscle on me now, and if I'd exercised I know I would've lost more inches than I did. Yesterday I was sitting in my car and realized how pathetic all of my excuses have been... Time, desire, "I'm losing weight without exercise so I can just keep doing that," etc. it's not who I WANT to be. Right now I'm not the man I wish I were... Not in terms of how I look, but in terms of what I do. I said I wanted to exercise, and I want the benefits, but I wussed out. Always some excuse.

So no more. :) No more excuses. Tonight I was walking my dog, and felt like running all of the sudden... so even though I was still in my jeans and a button down shirt, I ran. No excuses!!

Tomorrow I'm going to start lifting wights, and by the time the next challenge starts on the 12th I'm going to already be a full-fledged member of the barbell battalion! I'm packing my clothes for the gym as soon as I hit post. Eating healthy has been incredible and my body feels 100% better for having done it, but now I'm going to start eating like a goddammnmotherfuggin CHAMP, so I can start lifting HEAVY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HERE. WE. GO!!!!!!!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[tr]

[/table]

I'm all set for the gym tonight! Super pumped up about it. I've got my shoes, my gym shorts, etc. This morning I took my dog on a good, long walk. Good for her, and good for me. :)

I'm going to make sure I eat a big meal about three hours before hand, and then get in there and freakin' tear it up after my last class gets out at 9:45 tonight!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[tr]

[/table]