AsianBourne's battle logs

3 days in a row of Bikram Yoga, on the way to 10 days in a row! Before allowing myself a day off (For a full Angry Bird set!)

The start of the 2nd day was the hardest because my mind was playing tricks on my, I had experienced intense dehydration the night before and my sweat on the towel smelled strongly of ammonia. Did some googling and found all kinds of articles talking about hyponatremia and ammonia sweat related to a high protein low carb diet. Freaked myself out, thinking I wasn't ready for another day, like I would lose too much salt and water would rush into my brain cells and cause death!

However braved the 2nd day and it was easier than the first! Last night did day 3 and it was easier the day 2 and the class seemed shorter! Learning to love the small meditations between poses, while standing I'll bring my hands down and into a meditation pose, the left hand gently holding the right with thumbs touching, then eyes closed. For a brief moment my mind is clear of everything, then the next pose starts...

Day 4 tonight...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Assassin training to be Ranger - Level 1

Str: 2 | Dex: 4 | Sta: 4 | Con: 2 | Wis: 2 | Cha: 1

My Challenges 1 : Fitocracy : Blog

Day 8 of Bikram Yoga tonight, love everytime I go, miss it everytime I don't! It is so taxing and exhausting, you feel like a true caveman that has gone out and done some hard work... I believe we really need Bikram in our daily lives if we're cube monkeys.

The lack of sleep mobs/bosses have been very taxing on me for the past week, the big fight with the All nighter Sat boss was fun, but left me drained for days, and even last night while trying to level up my cooking skills, failed to realize how long it would take to bake chicken. Ended up in bed after midnight again (I'm not in my 20s anymore, can't hang like I use too). I have to be in bed by 10:30, no later then 11, ABSOLUTELY never by 12 again.

Been keeping up a daily written journal too, keeps to keep focusing on health all the time and every time, being Neurotic about health is much better then just being meh.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Quick challenge updates, so far things have been good, however been off track on several goals, fought some high level mobs which has hurt my progress, but doing well in other quests...

Bikram Yoga Starting Zone quest

Start Bikram Yoga class, go every week at least 5 days a week for 6 weeks.

^ So far on track, at least 5 days a week, longest streak has been 5 days in a row.

Bikram Yoga Side quest

Bikram Yoga 10 days in a row starter quest

^ Failed, got up to 5 days in a row, then had issue with other commitments, experiance points gained from this was learning to manage other commit

Early Angry Bird Workout for 6 weeks

Angry Bird Workout (starting 1 set, then 3 sets Oct 8th) every day for 6 weeks, allowed rest on weekends.

^ Failed, a combination of Yoga in the evenings being so intense, as well as a couple of late night outs, has hurt my progress here, in effect killed my questing in this area completely, I still have gotten up by at least 6 every day since the 1st however.

Ranger Quests

Quest 1 - Rise and shine

^ Been killing it here! Up by 6am even if it hurts, really sets the tone for the day better, I have some time in the mornings to make a meal as well as do some light reading, new goal however for next challenge / next month is getting up at 5. Could use that whole extra hour to feel less rushed in the mornings.

Quest 2 - Lose to fight

Haven't weighed myself in a bit, not sure I've lost too much here, also kinda conflicts with my goal of bulking up then slimming down (want to start crossfit soon)

Quest 3 - Pulled

Haven't been doing pullups in a while, but plan to get back on it tomorrow in the mornings...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So far this month done 11 days of Bikram Yoga, love it! Hate when I miss days :( however missing these days and getting made has forced me to adjust my schedule to better fit time in. Hardly game as much as I use too and push freelance work to the weekends. Also don't party as much... too old for that anyways.

Day 12 tonight, week goal is 6 days of Bikram (taking weds off to make it to my Meditation class, can't skip that ever again. Bikram is physical stress relieving and meditation is mental stress relieving.)

So far all month I've gotten up at 6am, however some days have been much harder than others.

6 days of crossfit this week and 6 days next week and also starting Crossfit in Nov.

Eventually and this may take a couple of months, but I need to level up my early bird 6am wakeup to 4am, in order to switch to working out at 5:30am.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The only Quests I'm still leveling in are:

Bikram Yoga Starting Zone quest

Start Bikram Yoga class, go every week for 6 weeks.

They have a 60 day challenge starting soon, I'm going to sign up for that :) (was going to start Crossfit next month, but I think it would be better to get 60 days of Yoga in, plus I've gotten use to Yoga now, so maintaining a good thing rather than stacking on 2 things may be the smarter option). Another thing, I'm starting a new quest (Monk quest) next week, I've taken this Meditation class on Weds, however I've missed it the last 3 weeks, it really helps get me centered and helps with information overload, so my goal for this is going to be every week, never miss a day. I'll have to do 2 Bikram Yoga classes on either Sat or Sun however, or 5:30am on Weds to make my 60 day challenge work.

Ranger Quests

Quest 1 - Rise and shine

Waking up at 6am everyday, I've learned that I have better days, not just when I wake up at 6, but when I wake up at 6 and drink 16oz of water right away with some Rock salt.

Also helps to make a Kale Shake with a big hunk of ginger + boiled eggs or some Oats

Monk Quest

Quiet the mind

Weekly meditation & practicing mindfulness at least 1 day a week, shorter few minute meditations in the morning and between poses in Bikram.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Went to CrossFit last Sat! I was crazy sore till today ;)

Bikram day 5 out of 60 so far... going strong, Bikram day 6 tonight, Bikram day 7 at 5:30 am tomorrow morning (Wednesdays I have an 7pm meditation class and not missing any of those ever again).

So far this month I've hit 3000 calories or super close! CrossFit again this sat, and will sign up for their onramp 3 personal trainer classes. BEAST MODE!

Still feeling guilty about failing to follow through with my Early Angry Bird workouts, however I recognize the problem, my roommates and friends are at a different level of health motivation at this point in their lives (I'm old) so I just have accepted that and just don't hang out with them as much anymore, no more late nights, no drinking, no smoking (since Oct 1st!) Some more actions I'm going to take this month to reinforce that:

* If I have to work on my computer at home, I'll do it from Wholefoods or Barnes & Nobles

* Considering a small desk to put in my bedroom (to avoid all the gaming that goes on downstairs)

* After Bikram 8:15pm class, home at 9:50 / 10pm, walk dog around apt, drink protein shake and sleep out immediately before 11

* After the 60 day Yoga Challenge, drop Yoga classes down to 3-4 days a week (need time for CrossFit! And keeping my bedroom clean)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]