*Ahem* My Introduction

Hello, everyone! =D

I can't tell you how excited I was to stumble across this place. XD I have struggled with my weight basically my entire life, and though I've never been completely inactive, the weight just seems to stick unless I'm really careful. ._.

Anway, lately I've had this huge desire to run a 5k...which is very odd for me because I loathe running. :3 I've also been interested in Parkour for years now, but I've never been in good enough shape to try anything. I can't do a pull-up to save my life. Almost literally. I'm fairly certain that if I was going to fall off a cliff, I wouldn't be able to pull myself up. XD One more item on my to-do list is train in Krav Maga. I want to get for real, legit traning, and become at least mildly proficient.

Anyway, that's a little bit of background about me. I was just browsing around for some 5k races and some training tips when I found NF. The community here seems pretty awesome, and that's what convinced me to join.... and I'll admit, I was a little intrigued by the role play thing too. <.< >.> I've been a roleplayer for the past five or six years now.

SO HI.

Okie, I've started working on a battle log, but I'm still a little confused on the roleplaying aspect and the challenges. Even after reading the thread on it. XD

So um... do we just set up a character and pick a class? I mean pick a class based on our current activities. Aaaand...challenges. They start every six weeks, yes? Do you just sign up? Or what? I'm just trying to get a feel for things. :3

Okie, I've started working on a battle log, but I'm still a little confused on the roleplaying aspect and the challenges. Even after reading the thread on it. XD

So um... do we just set up a character and pick a class? I mean pick a class based on our current activities. Aaaand...challenges. They start every six weeks, yes? Do you just sign up? Or what? I'm just trying to get a feel for things. :3

You pick a race of anything you want, real or fictional. Then look at the classes as Spezzy describes them. You can see what kind of activities they do...If you run a lot, then you probably don't want to be a warrior. The Adventurers are for the beginners to fitness (raises hand), those who don't know where they want to go with their fitness (again raises hand), or don't want to jump into a specialty right off the bat.

You get 15 points to assign to your attributes. I assigned mine to closely resemble myself (STR 2 is da truth!).

Thanks it your starting character!

The overall 6-week challenges are based entirely on goals that you setup (3 diet/fitness, 1 life). Then you assign up to 15 more points (no more than 5 for each) to those goals and if you attain those goals, then you add the points to your character. Every time you finish a challenge you level up your character.

The new mini-challenges are guild based. So spezzy sets up the challenges so that they are inline with the guilds overarching goals. (Again, the warriors won't get running challenges!) There is a tournament bracket type thing going on between the guilds right now through the mini-challenges. There is no pressure to do anything in the min-challenges that you cannot physically do. I did not participate in the first min-challenge because I am just starting and don't do running. I am waiting to see what the next challenge holds for us Adventurers!

I hope that this helps, please feel free to ask any questions, and someone will be glad to help!

Michael

Atlab'Urlyren Druu'giir -- Apprentice of the Crimson RebelLevel 2 Drow Adventurer----------------------------------------------------------------------------------STR 3 | CON 7 | DEX 3 | WIS 5 | STA 1 | CHA 2----------------------------------------------------------------------------------Introduction | Current Challenge@michaelramm

You're too late to win anything (exept a fitter body) in the current challenge,but join anyway. Essentially, you just begin a new thread in the proper class, more details here. I stumbled in too, and am having fun and feeling better than I have in years. So welcome, and we'll be looking forward to your posts.

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

Welcome! Running a 5k is a great goal to work towards. The roleplaying aspect can be daunting but it is not necessary to participate in the cahllenge. Just pick three fitness goals and 1 life goald and work towards them. One of our forum members, Nuala, made a handy character and signature generator that can help you figure things out. Feel free to ask questions and join in on the fun.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle