Weight Loss Plus

I never thought I'd be saying this, but I need to lose weight. I'm 6'2", 200lb, 10-15%bf (tape-measured), so I'm not exactly overweight, but in order to be competitive as a rower, I need to be around 185. For the mathematically lazy, I need to lose 20 pounds. I'm eating paleo, lifting heavy 2x weekly, sprinting 2-3x weekly, and doing ~1hr steady state cardio 5x weekly, which I plan on increasing. My estimated calorie expenditure is 4,000kcal/day, and I'm aiming for 3,500 to start. I read Lyle McDonald's series on cutting while training, and used eatthismuch.com to rough in my meals.

Am I missing anything? Does anyone have experience with anything like this? Any tips?

TL,DR: I need to lose 20lb. What do?

Never think of pain or danger or enemies a moment longer than is necessary to fight them. -Ayn Rand

Amongst those less skilled you can see all this energy escaping through contorted faces, gritted teeth and tight shoulders that consume huge

amounts of effort but contribute nothing to achieving the task.

If you're at 15% BF, and you lost 5%, you'd only loose 10lbs. And I don't think you want to get lower BF than that for rowing. So you're gonna have to shed some muscle weight, I think.

I figured on that much. Should I change my training (cut out Starting Strength?) with this in mind? I don't want to lose a ton of strength, and I know I can gain it back at a lower weight.

Never think of pain or danger or enemies a moment longer than is necessary to fight them. -Ayn Rand

Amongst those less skilled you can see all this energy escaping through contorted faces, gritted teeth and tight shoulders that consume huge

amounts of effort but contribute nothing to achieving the task.